• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Big Match Fever

Pericles

Any chances of meeting up with fellow AutoLankans at the match?

As far as I know, Madz and Devinda are RC. I'm assuming Supra is too, tho I've never checked. :D Pls correct if wrong.

Any other Thomians in here other than me?

If i'm not mistaken one of the very 1st AL gatherings was held right after Royal Thomain Big match... i remember walking into Excel World looking for something that said autolanka, to find peri sitting by himself with a cam in hand and blue/black wristband :D

As far as I know, Madz and Devinda are RC. I'm assuming Supra is too, tho I've never checked. :D Pls correct if wrong.

You got me ;) though I wont be there this time as well.

hey Gummy why are you missing out?? :mellow:

Peri, i'll be at the Taverners with the retired folk having my fill of chops ;)

hope to bump into you during the intervals - coming on all 3 days?

Am not willing to go through all these security checks, its a pain I tell you cos my job involves me going into security installations and that I really hate.

Last month in Thissa we had to go through a security check everytime we poked our heads out of the main track. I'm think it'll be the same at the match as well.

Anyway none of my friends (the sober type) are going, maybe the one dayer :rolleyes:

Anyway none of my friends (the sober type) are going

as someone who's never with the 'spirits', i've always thought it & found it to be to be just as much fun to watch the 'not so sober' ones do the most embarrassing and crazy ass things - whilst also getting to be the one that remembers it all and ROTFL , when it happens, and every other time there after, when the blokes meet up to reminisce ! :lol:

as someone who's never with the 'spirits', i've always thought it & found it to be to be just as much fun to watch the 'not so sober' ones do the most embarrassing and crazy ass things - whilst also getting to be the one that remembers it all and ROTFL , when it happens, and every other time there after, when the blokes meet up to reminisce ! :lol:

Thats why it is there for.

Anyway the sober crowd also does crazy stuff dont they??

Last year match was over before I could go on the third day :P .

Nice topic.

Today is supposed to be the cycle parade day.10/15 years ago when I was schooling this used to be the most fun day(even more than the big match itself).I remember guys dressed up in all sorts of costumes lined up all the way from Reid Avenue up to Thurstan road with their decorated trucks.Those were the days.Not to forget those classic busses,lorrys,jeeps and cars which added extra colour to the entire thing.in early 90's there were minimum 25 trucks in the parade.

I don't know men.I for one cannot resist those memories.I wonder what kids are doing today?

I guess they are getting ready for the next superstar context.

or hanging out, sending SMS's to their loved ones.

or may be spending the day at a hotel in Mt Lavinia with the GF.

How times have changed.

Nice topic.

Today is supposed to be the cycle parade day.10/15 years ago when I was schooling this used to be the most fun day(even more than the big match itself).I remember guys dressed up in all sorts of costumes lined up all the way from Reid Avenue up to Thurstan road with their decorated trucks.Those were the days.Not to forget those classic busses,lorrys,jeeps and cars which added extra colour to the entire thing.in early 90's there were minimum 25 trucks in the parade.

I don't know men.I for one cannot resist those memories.I wonder what kids are doing today?

How times have changed.

:lol: add the "security situation" , "V*P Movements" and issues with school administration and it really is suprising that stuff gets done at all.. :mellow:

but last year the Reid Ave. boys had MASSIVE cycle parade - in fact there were a few emails flying around with pictures a while back

Axela which batch are you from?

Polonowita's? or senior to them?

which tent will u be@?

Supra is from DSS Peri, don't know if we have a big match anymore :)

Nice topic.

How times have changed.

You are absolutely correct....

never can forget those days memories....

Yup :) and our Big match no longer exists apparently.....

I was last in the country for the ill fated Benz match though I did not go on the day trouble got out of hand. Most of my batchmates who were there wowed never to go to a DSS big match again after walking away with cuts and bruises. Do not really know what has happened to DSS, once renowned for its discipline, but now mostly associated with the lack of it at least when it comes to big matches. I was there at the very first DSS v Benz big match and though the happenings on the pitch was boring off the pitch the atmosphere was certainly there (with the notable absence of alcohol he he).

:lol: add the "security situation" , "V*P Movements" and issues with school administration and it really is suprising that stuff gets done at all.. :mellow:

but last year the Reid Ave. boys had MASSIVE cycle parade - in fact there were a few emails flying around with pictures a while back

which tent will u be@?

Now it seems that cycle parades are being replaced by small motor car parades featuring groups of brainless individuals zig-zagging in narrow roads with their lights on and horns blaring..... last weekend was pretty bad around the SSC. Was amused to watch the traffic cops turning their backs when these guys drove by.

which tent will u be@?

Devinda_Z

Yep I am from 95 group,one year senior to Polons.

Anyway It was lot of fun this year after the game was stopped due to rain.I was in the Dialog tent.

Devinda_Z

Yep I am from 95 group,one year senior to Polons.

Anyway It was lot of fun this year after the game was stopped due to rain.I was in the Dialog tent.

Group of 2004 :)

Absolutely!! :lol:

i thought it was gonna be just another Roy Tho with some great cricket and good times with old friends, but it was amazing the way everyone went stark raving mad when the rains decended! :lol:

it was just insane the way ppl were doing belly flops n slides in the standing water on the grounds!

musn't forget the bloke who decided to moon everyone from the pitch and the other who actually made the papers for his pants down antics!

& what was even more remarkable was the fact that the people having fun weren't simply the younger crowd! the Taverners had nearly a dozen Directors and the like from a number of Colombo's blue chip companies out in the rain playing cricket with thier old class mates and families!

'twas just awesome!

i'm trying to find some videos of the revelry - nothing on youtube yet , a few videos were floating around on Facebook

15+ years of watching the Roy-Tho - i've never ever seen sights that insane!! :lol:

Peri did u get any pictures of the mud tainted fun n frolick? :D

Peri did u get any pictures of the mud tainted fun n frolick? :D

I got mooning pics on day two, but decided not to take the cam on day three. Glad I didn't, coz I parked at CR, and had to walk there in the rain in the aftermath!

Got lots of nice action shots of the cricket too :)