• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil Leak

sbr

Hi Guys,

I am planing to buy a toyota Sprinter 99 model. And When i inspect the car i could notice that there is a oil leak (around the oil filter area). I am planing to take the car to a good mechanic around Nugegoda area. Can some body recommend me a good mechanic who could inspect the car and give me a state of the car engine. Do si... va motors do those stuff. Please help me. could this oil leak becomes a major trouble in .. expect your comments...

thanks...

Hi Guys,

I am planing to buy a toyota Sprinter 99 model. And When i inspect the car i could notice that there is a oil leak (around the oil filter area). I am planing to take the car to a good mechanic around Nugegoda area. Can some body recommend me a good mechanic who could inspect the car and give me a state of the car engine. Do si... va motors do those stuff. Please help me. could this oil leak becomes a major trouble in .. expect your comments...

thanks...

It can be anything from a small problem like a busted filter/filter seal to anything lil more serious... especially if the car is leaking a good volume of oil and have been running without proper oil pressure in the system...

I would assume that the agents might be doing a diagnostic report sorta thing that will show you problems the car have but this might be a bit pricey... Some other members might be able to give you m o re info here....

And about mechanics... Wasantha near the baseline railway crossing is a good chap... He should be able to tell you most of the obvious problems in the car if there are any...

But i don't think any mechanic can give you a 100% accurate picture of the car state...but you will get close though

good luck :)

Hi Guys,

thanks...

The important thing is whether there is an oil leak at present. What might have happened SBR the mechanic who changed the oil filter might have spilled oil on the engine block while removing it or might not have fitted the new one properly on the first go. So it might not be a leak but a one time thing, and not cleaned away. One would have thought if the oil pressure went down to dangerous levels the check system light would have come on and alerted the driver. The key point is to check if oil is still leaking when the engine is running.

I recommend Wasantha as well if you need a guy to check the car out.