• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Directory

Iroshana

I'm writing this post to moderators/ operators of Auto Lanka. After reading many of post in the forum, I understood most of motorists have a big matter in finding a good place for some requirement. Most of people are victims of REPUTED people in the industry.

Most of us know only REPUTED few places since they have advertising and other methods to make their name. But when we go to the place, we could not get a service as they advertised. I read the post under topic "Sharing bad experience" and same kind of things happened to me at well REPUTED places. I know most of us having that type of bad experiences.

As most of us know, there are small garages, individuals who has good knowledge and experience in the field what they are doing. Unfortunately they don't have something called "REPUTATION". Only few lucky people could get service from that type of personnel.

If moderators of the forum could arrange something like a directory of skilled technicians and also places where we can buy spares, I think it will be a good service for automobile community of Sri Lanka.

I'm writing only my suggestion here and would like to know others opinion and also I'm always here to help if you guys gonna start such thing.

That’s an excellent idea.

I also would suggest to introduce a system where the members could star point them with their experience.

94766136ub3.jpg

two good ideas in one go...

ebay has a similar start rating system for their sellers on different categories

I'm writing only my suggestion here and would like to know others opinion and also I'm always here to help if you guys gonna start such thing.

Great Idea Man…

Mod’s Please can we look at this- I know it’s advertising in some way but let’s face the facts… Too many people out there are taking us for a ride.

We can have categories such as tune up, AC etc and there can be provisions for uses to leave feedback. Just like Ripper said on the E bay. Once a member goes to the shop he should tell the owner that he got the info from the site and we keep feedback on it so that he knows we mean business and he too can increase his business thereby we are helping both motorist and people who do an honest job.

I’m sure there will be feedback for both good and bad – hence this can be a good site for members to seek advise

Hope U dig the idea…

• 4 weeks later...
I'm writing this post to moderators/ operators of Auto Lanka. After reading many of post in the forum, I understood most of motorists have a big matter in finding a good place for some requirement. Most of people are victims of REPUTED people in the industry.

Most of us know only REPUTED few places since they have advertising and other methods to make their name. But when we go to the place, we could not get a service as they advertised. I read the post under topic "Sharing bad experience" and same kind of things happened to me at well REPUTED places. I know most of us having that type of bad experiences.

As most of us know, there are small garages, individuals who has good knowledge and experience in the field what they are doing. Unfortunately they don't have something called "REPUTATION". Only few lucky people could get service from that type of personnel.

If moderators of the forum could arrange something like a directory of skilled technicians and also places where we can buy spares, I think it will be a good service for automobile community of Sri Lanka.

This is a very good idea. +1 vote.

Hey good idea Iroshana.

Once we all start to goto the listed places these talented guys can improve their service since they'll b getin more bucks. We should remind them that we found the place through Autolanka. Hey we'l even get a discount if we can shw them that we r members at Autolanka. (havin a autolanka sticker or sumthin) So in the end every 1 is happy.