• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place To Get New Tyres

Sumzy

What on earth is a 'fake model' (tyre)?? of course chances are you wont go wrong with a 'top end' brand.. but even the top end brands can be terrible if they come from the wrong country of origin. A good case point being southeast asian made GY Eagle F1's which are terrible in the dry in terms of drive stability,noise, grip (lack of it) and handling. - I have a set for sale :) if you like.

At the same time ditching brands such as Nankang & Hankook is really not on.. have you used these tires at length to how good they are?? The Nankang NS II's I had on my civic were excellent considering their price, noisy at times- but predictable performance in the dry, weak in the wet- but then who's pushing n the wet! of course you cant expect Potenza type performance which is like twice the price of 'em! Also Nankang uses Yokohama technology as well. At the sametime Hankook is extensively involved in motor sports: http://www.hankooktireusa.com/motor/motor_eventinfo.asp including the US touring car series http://www.ustcc.com/. You should not just go around ditching brands out of ignorance or lack of info.

GT Radials are decent as well- I've used them in my old van and well as in a Mazda 323(they lasted for ages) I also have a couple of friends who'll vouch for them after pushing them all the way to Nawalapitiya in a GT Carina :)

Indian Brands? Google MRF and just see what they are upto these days in motor sports in India <_<

Mate, Here we are not talking about racing car tyres. We are talking about passenger car tyres. Specially for sri lanka. Not for USA, India or any other country.

GT ok. but it is bit hard. not comfertable to drive like Dunlop, Michalin branded tyres. shockshobers, suspension bushes will also be damaged fast

Mate, Here we are not talking about racing car tyres. We are talking about passenger car tyres. Specially for sri lanka. Not for USA, India or any other country.

GT ok. but it is bit hard. not comfertable to drive like Dunlop, Michalin branded tyres. shockshobers, suspension bushes will also be damaged fast

Honestly, do you run a car parts shop or something? or do you have an endorsement deal will various brands of Tyres and the like? because half your posts are endorsing something or the other....

As Pila mentioned, the Adrenalins ARE about 20k a piece right now. I hope the prices drop after the GIII is phased out completely- however it still won't be as cheap.

That said, there is a Thai version called the MY01, which is very similar to the GIII and while its not all-out hardcore, might be a good substitute- especially from a finance angle...

Honestly, do you run a car parts shop or something? or do you have an endorsement deal will various brands of Tyres and the like? because half your posts are endorsing something or the other....

No men I just talking the reality

lol my reply was for to this post.. :rolleyes: and your 'fake models' etc etc so these brands make poor passenger tyres as well?

Try to use DUNLOP, MICHALIN, BRIDGESTON, GOODYEAR, YOKOHAMA Branded tyres. This performance can’t compare with other fake models. ( GT, NANKEN, HANCOOK and other chinees, Korian, Indunesian & ndian brands)

This is for a Mazda 323. I got an offer for Dunlop (Indonesia Make) for 7800 and Bridgestone (Indonesia Make) for 8100...The real issue is it's very difficult to find the exact tyre size.

Sumzy,

Pls. do share the prizes with us too.. I'm also on the hunt for tyres. Did you check for Yokohama..? Make sure to check the speed rating..

I'm looking out for 195/55 15 or 205/55 15

Good luck.

a friend of mine got a 195's or 205's at 6000+ - but this was a while back as i mentioned

decided to stop by Amila tyre works whlist passing by - couldn't get a proper quote as i was rushing but for the said size they said Bridgstone's would be in the 15,000 region & the Pirellis would be over that!! :blink:

i'll try and get a list of quotes for various makes in the coming days as i'm curious to see the price disparities are between countries of origin and brands

a tad O.T, but what you guys say the BEST TIRE FOR (HIGH) PERFORMANCE CARS ,available in Sri Lanka is?

i recall discussing some salient points in a thread a while back, but was wondering if we could start a poll as well...

I think tyres from all of the leading brands compare very well in this category, though availability is the question.

My money is on the Pirelli P-Zero though for a balance between value for money and performance I would chose the Kumho ECSTA

Are Toyo Tyres still being sold in SL ?. I remember them being very good, and certainly the 888's are the tyre of choice for most in many track day events over here !

I think tyres from all of the leading brands compare very well in this category, though availability is the question.

My money is on the Pirelli P-Zero though for a balance between value for money and performance I would chose the Kumho ECSTA

Are Toyo Tyres still being sold in SL ?. I remember them being very good, and certainly the 888's are the tyre of choice for most in many track day events over here !

i doubt P-Zero's are available here :(

Toyo's were, and i recall them being offered by the Toyo-Pet centers as replacements in Japan. however the last time i used those was in the mid 90's and the importer based on Duplication Rd seems to have gone under...

but having said that i guess there must be someone who gets them - just that they aren't freely available :( ah i but i do remember that owing to the softer compound tread wear was just a tad onto the high side..

Had a meeting in the area.. Mount is anyway not far from home :)

A friend of mine was saying a set cost something like 60k for "15 Adrenalin's... I cant think of anything better than the old Potenza's maybe the ES100's- but they tend to get used up quick

hmmm i wouldn't mind something that wears given that i do under 2,000 kms per year! :)

who are the agents for Yokohama??

another issue is the lack of larger sizes - the biggest everyone has for 16" is 225's - wanted a bigger size for the rear,but sadly nothing seems to be available :(

hmmm i wouldn't mind something that wears given that i do under 2,000 kms per year! :)

who are the agents for Yokohama??

another issue is the lack of larger sizes - the biggest everyone has for 16" is 225's - wanted a bigger size for the rear,but sadly nothing seems to be available :(

Think its A*W.. the sales outlet in on Braybroke place Col-2. They also have the AVS sport other than the ES100's

I've just come off Kumho Ecstas and gone onto Yoko AVS ES100. Initial impressions suggest that the Kumhos had better grip. I could feel the tyres bite the tarmac. But the ES100s have better comfort and a lot less road noise.

Got only 20k from the Ecstas, but this is on a fwd Alfa Romeo (well known for eating edges - the flipside of very fast cornering) and includes two track days at Katu - a 'track' that visibly eats the edges with every lap.

Bought the Ecstas for 10k maybe close to 2 years ago. The ES100s coast 14+K :blink: "made in Japan" + Inflation? Was about to buy GY Eagle F1s (11k and made in Thailand) but fell for the "made in Japan" tag.

I've just come off Kumho Ecstas and gone onto Yoko AVS ES100. Initial impressions suggest that the Kumhos had better grip. I could feel the tyres bite the tarmac. But the ES100s have better comfort and a lot less road noise.

Got only 20k from the Ecstas, but this is on a fwd Alfa Romeo (well known for eating edges - the flipside of very fast cornering) and includes two track days at Katu - a 'track' that visibly eats the edges with every lap.

Bought the Ecstas for 10k maybe close to 2 years ago. The ES100s coast 14+K :blink: "made in Japan" + Inflation? Was about to buy GY Eagle F1s (11k and made in Thailand) but fell for the "made in Japan" tag.

hmmm so its seems that all the decent performance tires are pretty much @ or over the 15k mark! :blink:

this could get expensive <_<

well given that these would be for the Z, all i care about is GRIP :)

the exhaust does in any road noise & well, given the other drive is a Landy , i've forgotten altogether what its like to waft in comfort! :lol: ...so my requirments are fairly simple!

agents are Unit*d Mot*rs, one of Mivec Turbos sponsors,

the es100 is a brilliant tyre only thing its a bit expensive and they wear out fast

Just got back from UM.. checked out some tyres there..

195/55 15 85 H (made in Philippines)

selling price 15,658/-

Afer discount (20%) = 12,526/-

I've got the same car- runiing almost the same with 14" rims- using Roadstone for he past 1 year (V grove design) - pritty good and can't complain. Got it from Amila in clombo 2 - reaonable price - speak to a guy called Sanjeeva - she should be able to sort u out.

Thanks machan. I called Sanjeeva and all they have is Roadstone. Does anyone know how this tyre is. Sanjeeva recommends it

what rubbish...i have used GT radials and Michellins and if at all the GT's last longer...

I have pushed the bloody tyres to max and even with hard breakings, fast cornerings etc they were pretty good...

can't really comment on road noise etc but the ride wasn't any different to what the michellins offered...

This is just typical of you like saying toyota's are the best all the time... Just because you have experience with limited brands doesn't mean the rest of the brands are crap... I personally like Bridgestone but that doesn't mean everything else is of bad quality.

grow up!

hmmm so its seems that all the decent performance tires are pretty much @ or over the 15k mark! :blink:

this could get expensive <_<

well given that these would be for the Z, all i care about is GRIP :)

the exhaust does in any road noise & well, given the other drive is a Landy , i've forgotten altogether what its like to waft in comfort! :lol: ...so my requirments are fairly simple!

I forgot to mention the size - 205/55/16. Your Z is on 16s or 17s?

I forgot to mention the size - 205/55/16. Your Z is on 16s or 17s?

225/50 R16 so not too bad...

was looking to go in for 235/245 or 255's , but the sizes just aren't available here for 16" :(

The current tires have ample tread left :) - but i'm contemplating changing the rims and tires both in one go...

17"s did cross my mind, but with the rutty roads it would be unwise to say the least - pointless excersice

& beside stock is best

anyone know a place where i could find a set of original NISSAN 16" rims or better yet, Original 300zx Rims :)

Edited by Devinda_Z

Thanks machan. I called Sanjeeva and all they have is Roadstone. Does anyone know how this tyre is. Sanjeeva recommends it

I'm sure the tyre has improved since I last used it 1997-2000. When we had them on I wasn't happy with the tyre at all. Even lost one as one tyre blew up :P and I switched to Kumho which fared much better.

Thanks guys for all your opinions. I managed to get Good Year tires. Little cheaper than Bridgestone...but Seems good

Please give us the details..

Place you bought from :

Tyre type (is it eagle F1..?)

Country of manufacture:

Size:

Price:

Thanks..!

The current tires have ample tread left :) - but i'm contemplating changing the rims and tires both in one go...

17"s did cross my mind, but with the rutty roads it would be unwise to say the least - pointless excersice

& beside stock is best

anyone know a place where i could find a set of original NISSAN 16" rims or better yet, Original 300zx Rims :)

sounds like you've given up the idea of parting with the Z