• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place To Get New Tyres

Sumzy

I need some advice in here to find a place to get 4 new tires for a reasonable price. I am looking for some good brand like Bridgestone. I called few places and I got the prices over 8800 bucks for the size 195/60/15. Let me know if you guys know a place...

I need some advice in here to find a place to get 4 new tires for a reasonable price. I am looking for some good brand like Bridgestone. I called few places and I got the prices over 8800 bucks for the size 195/60/15. Let me know if you guys know a place...

Authorised agent of Bridgestone

Autodrome

Union Pl, Col 02

Tel 2326181/2, 2394935

A*W handles Goodyear - they offer a 20% discount if your a Nissan owner who gets work done with them..

Amila has Pirelli , Falken & at one time Silverstone (slightly harder compound than Jap spec Bridgstones but well suited for lankan roads)

Michelin is available at the place opposite spining & weaving mills on Havelock Rd

many of the reputed brands are available in the island, but the prices will vary based on the countyr of manufacture, even within the same brand...

If you don't mind me asking, what is the make and model of your vehicle?

This is for a Mazda 323. I got an offer for Dunlop (Indonesia Make) for 7800 and Bridgestone (Indonesia Make) for 8100...The real issue is it's very difficult to find the exact tyre size.

I've got the same car- runiing almost the same with 14" rims- using Roadstone for he past 1 year (V grove design) - pritty good and can't complain. Got it from Amila in clombo 2 - reaonable price - speak to a guy called Sanjeeva - she should be able to sort u out.

This is for a Mazda 323. I got an offer for Dunlop (Indonesia Make) for 7800 and Bridgestone (Indonesia Make) for 8100...The real issue is it's very difficult to find the exact tyre size.

i have pretty much the smae size on a Toyota Carina AT 192 - its running SILVERSTONE FTZ Sports with a "v" type tred pattern and its been excellent

well over 40,000 Km's done with them and the performance has been exceptionally good given its value for money price point back when i bought them...

i suggest you give AMILA tyre works a call - outlets on Malay Street in Col2 as Mazdaspeed notes, as well as Dehiwala & Borlesgamuwa/Papilyana :unsure:

Try to use DUNLOP, MICHALIN, BRIDGESTON, GOODYEAR, YOKOHAMA Branded tyres. This performance can’t compare with other fake models. ( GT, NANKEN, HANCOOK and other chinees, Korian, Indunesian & Indian brands)

Edited by Nilantha
  • Like 1

Dear Bro,

The cheapest and better quality japaneese tyre is DUNLOP. Better you try Dunlop.

-All the best-

A friend recomended AGAINST dunlop to me saying that dunlop tyres are a bit usutable for SL, cos their walls are thinner than other tires thus the chances of you blowing a tyre on a curb, pothole, or een the tarmac end of a road are higher than other tyres. So i try to stay away from Dunlop..

and this maybe an isolated incidentthat i had bad luck with. We got a pair of Dunlop tyres for the G.Vitara (235/60/16) and they wore out REALLY fast, compared to the bridgestons that Suzuki issues with the vehicle.. so ended up sticking to bridgestone.. Same tyres that were were also used in the early 2000s Rav4

any other opinions on Dunlop?

hmmm a tad O.T , but when it comes to SUV tires, i'd say CONTINENTAL was quite decent outta the one i've used...

Mileage was onto the low side,but it was quite decent in terms of road noise, comfort and traction...

i dunno if continental tires are available for passenger cars - the importer at the time was the place right oopposite the Dehiwala Plice station on Hill Street

PIRELLI P 6000's would be a good compromise, cuz last i checked they were priced rather competitively & are known to offer good all round performance

yes you are right , it's not only DUNLOP you gat the same problem with MICHELIN as well. As far as side walls are thin you get the maximum comfart but you have to be very careful when you are parking not to collide wth sharp edges. My previous DUNLOP japanese tyre set did 45000 km where my original BRIGESTONE did 60000 km. When you compare with the prices still it is worth to have DUNLOP rather than BRID.

Also please keep in your mind that side wall problem is there in Brigestone also.

Devinda how much do Pirelli P 6000s cost and are these the turk made Pirelis ?

I've used Dunlop SP Sports and was quite happy with the tyres. I think the ones I had were made in Japan.

I've also found Kumho is quite a good tyre especially when the ones we used to get was made in Korea. I'm not quite sure of the chinese ones but the Korean ones were on par with and decent tyre on the market. One must remember Kumho and Hankook are OEM equipment on Korean vehicles.

I remember Pila recommending Nankang as well.

• Like 1

I've used Dunlop SP Sports and was quite happy with the tyres. I think the ones I had were made in Japan.

I've also found Kumho is quite a good tyre especially when the ones we used to get was made in Korea. I'm not quite sure of the chinese ones but the Korean ones were on par with and decent tyre on the market. One must remember Kumho and Hankook are OEM equipment on Korean vehicles.

Kumho are major sponsors on the Formula D circuit too. Doubt those boys would use inferior tires on the drift scene. Blown tires when going sideways are not .... desirable.

Try to use DUNLOP, MICHALIN, BRIDGESTON, GOODYEAR, YOKOHAMA Branded tyres. This performance can't compare with other fake models. ( GT, NANKEN, HANCOOK and other chinees, Korian, Indunesian & Indian brands)

What on earth is a 'fake model' (tyre)?? of course chances are you wont go wrong with a 'top end' brand.. but even the top end brands can be terrible if they come from the wrong country of origin. A good case point being southeast asian made GY Eagle F1's which are terrible in the dry in terms of drive stability,noise, grip (lack of it) and handling. - I have a set for sale :) if you like.

At the same time ditching brands such as Nankang & Hankook is really not on.. have you used these tires at length to how good they are?? The Nankang NS II's I had on my civic were excellent considering their price, noisy at times- but predictable performance in the dry, weak in the wet- but then who's pushing n the wet! of course you cant expect Potenza type performance which is like twice the price of 'em! Also Nankang uses Yokohama technology as well. At the sametime Hankook is extensively involved in motor sports: http://www.hankooktireusa.com/motor/motor_eventinfo.asp including the US touring car series http://www.ustcc.com/. You should not just go around ditching brands out of ignorance or lack of info.

GT Radials are decent as well- I've used them in my old van and well as in a Mazda 323(they lasted for ages) I also have a couple of friends who'll vouch for them after pushing them all the way to Nawalapitiya in a GT Carina :)

Indian Brands? Google MRF and just see what they are upto these days in motor sports in India <_<

Edited by Pilawoos

Yep Nankang NS-II's are good bang for buck available at 'Kan+y Tyre H_use'

Machan how are the SP sports- thinking of going in for a set, as I cant find an affordable alternative in "17

Yep Nankang NS-II's are good bang for buck available at 'Kan+y Tyre H_use'

Machan how are the SP sports- thinking of going in for a set, as I cant find an affordable alternative in "17

SP Sports are quite good machan. I think Shak used to use the same and never said a bad word about them. I'm not sure if they are "affordable" as such but certainly worth a look at.

The rubber is not as hard as say the NS II's so you don't get as much road noise and very good grip on the dry. Have never really pushed them on the wet to comment on performance in the wet.

a friend of mine got a 195's or 205's at 6000+ - but this was a while back as i mentioned

decided to stop by Amila tyre works whlist passing by - couldn't get a proper quote as i was rushing but for the said size they said Bridgstone's would be in the 15,000 region & the Pirellis would be over that!! :blink:

i'll try and get a list of quotes for various makes in the coming days as i'm curious to see the price disparities are between countries of origin and brands

a tad O.T, but what you guys say the BEST TIRE FOR (HIGH) PERFORMANCE CARS ,available in Sri Lanka is?

i recall discussing some salient points in a thread a while back, but was wondering if we could start a poll as well...

Edited by Devinda_Z

SP Sports are quite good machan. I think Shak used to use the same and never said a bad word about them. I'm not sure if they are "affordable" as such but certainly worth a look at.

The rubber is not as hard as say the NS II's so you don't get as much road noise and very good grip on the dry. Have never really pushed them on the wet to comment on performance in the wet.

that is correct... and my dunlop SP Sports lasted eons! very affordable tyre too... but since i bought the legacy i haven't been happy with what dunlop has to offer... namely the Le Mans...

the NS-II's are a great tyre but would be pointless on a 323 as they're performance tyres...

IMO the new Adrenalin Potenza I'd say..saw you at JJ's as well :)

u were passing by? what brought you to this neck of the woods? :)

I'm not all too thrilled with the old G III's :( ...so a bit weary of Potenzas, but as u mentioned many good things have been said about the Adrenalin series...

any idea what the prices are like??

just checked the site - not sure if these were updated recently but 225's are in the 20k region :blink:

u were passing by? what brought you to this neck of the woods? :)

I'm not all too thrilled with the old G III's :( ...so a bit weary of Potenzas, but as u mentioned many good things have been said about the Adrenalin series...

any idea what the prices are like??

just checked the site - not sure if these were updated recently but 225's are in the 20k region :blink:

Had a meeting in the area.. Mount is anyway not far from home :)

A friend of mine was saying a set cost something like 60k for "15 Adrenalin's... I cant think of anything better than the old Potenza's maybe the ES100's- but they tend to get used up quick

Edited by Pilawoos