• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fz Numbers

welcome

Question

these are for DPL vehicles, as well as petrol - diesel conversions, remember the plates 99-, 325- ? FZ is the replacement for such vehicles..

Didnt FZ come before 325- numbers??? I've seen a whole load of recently converted vehicles running 325 numbers.

Didnt FZ come before 325- numbers??? I've seen a whole load of recently converted vehicles running 325 numbers.

FZ is for former dpl vehicles. 325- is still being to diesel converts and former army/navy (Yuha) plate vehicles.

From what I have gathered --- subject to correction

When the 'English Number' system was introduced the RMV has calculated the 'Total no of vehicles' vehicles registered - up to that point of time.

They would have got [estimated] a total of 1,560,000 vehicles.

Thereafter they have organised it to be ----- 06 ['A' to 'F' -6 letters] * 26 [A to Z] * 10,000/- [0001 to 9999].

[for eg:- first car was re-numbered as AA-0001]

Therefore they started from 'GA' [plan was to re-number ALL VEHICLES ---to change the 'Sri' & 'dash' numbers ]

'FZ' are supposed be vehicles which were registered 'just prior' to registering the 'GA'. if I were to guess - it would have been -that they had an auspicous time/day to start with 'GA', and some cars would have been registered just before and just after the system was converted to English numbers.

As was pointed out correctly --'325' are for conversions to diesel. Even if a conversion is done today, they give '325' number.

Only thing i cant understand is -- why didn't they get an English number instead of '325'?

Over to others - who know about our 'system'. :rolleyes:

Edited by mirage7777

i once heard since the number 13 is considered unlucky the new english number system do not produce numbers that sums to 13.

Also have anyone noticed that the english numbers jumped from HZ to JA omitting the entire I numbers? Wonder what the reasoning behind that is...

Im affraid many are wrong with their opinions.

FZ is for Ex-Diplomatic mission cars formally regd 98 and regd assigned DP and province assigned DP (post 2006 March) vehicles.

First vehicle regd under FZ plate was FZ-9000 (Ex-US embassy Nissan Patrol) now belongs to an aviation giant.This regd was obtained after a huge fight.11 months after that RMV decided to issue FZ 0001.

Diesel converted and ex-military regds are still issued 325

MINIACE

• Like 1

Also have anyone noticed that the english numbers jumped from HZ to JA omitting the entire I numbers? Wonder what the reasoning behind that is...

Must be because 'I' looks like '1'[one]. maybe to avoid confusion - in identifying number plates in a hurry.

**** I can remember, when 'English number plates' were introduced there was lot of oppossition- to this system.

There was a program on T.V. which aired an opinion, -against this- by a prominent personaity. [ a so called 'know all' lawyer- who is presently an ambassodar] He was holding fort for sometime, and at the end the 'knowledgable one' asked "Does GA stand for 'Government Agent?" :action-smiley-060: ********

FZ is for Ex-Diplomatic mission cars formally regd 98 and regd assigned DP and province assigned DP (post 2006 March) vehicles.

that's what i thought as well. FZ is for Ex-DPL and vehicles brought under the embassy permits. know few example where embassys sold their permits because they were happy with what they already got unlike our fools who think having the same car for two consecutive years is a crime.

but i remember in a previous thread on the same topic some one said converted one too get this plate.

There is one convert that has left me guessing for a while. Anyone in the 4x4 scene might be familiar with converted Nissan firetruck. It used to have a regular number sometime back(28 or 40 shri). But it was completely rebuilt and now has a GR- number plate. I'm suspecting it was converted from diesel to petrol. Anyone got more details on how it came to have an english number after the restoration?

431201855a69ae3d80byo6.jpg

(Pic :Courtesy of ####)

Edited by madmax

There is one convert that has left me guessing for a while. Anyone in the 4x4 scene might be familiar with converted Nissan firetruck. It used to have a regular number sometime back(28 or 40 shri). But it was completely rebuilt and now has a GR- number plate. I'm suspecting it was converted from diesel to petrol. Anyone got more details on how it came to have an english number after the restoration?

reason i asked was, when doing the Indica conversion we were told that the number wont be changed, but we will get new plates with the "D" under the dash.. (the current HG plate doesnt have that)... but if all conversions get 325-plates my situation will be quite "chater"... :D

reason i asked was, when doing the Indica conversion we were told that the number wont be changed, but we will get new plates with the "D" under the dash.. (the current HG plate doesnt have that)... but if all conversions get 325-plates my situation will be quite "chater"... :D

actually i think not... because a lot of the Vans on the road (the newer ones) that have had the diesel conversion retain the english number plate with the P changed to D...

actually i think not... because a lot of the Vans on the road (the newer ones) that have had the diesel conversion retain the english number plate with the P changed to D...

Maybe the 325- is given to conversions where the orginal vehicle is pre-english numbered.

431201855a69ae3d80byo6.jpg

(Pic :Courtesy of ####)

Typical fact -Most of the competition off roaders dont use them for on road driving. They can have any number they want. even a motorbike no...

By the way I am not talking about the above nissan patrol..

English number plates without fuel category indicated now can obtain new-plates ,with fuel lettering included.

MINIACE

Is it necessary to update to a new plate? or we just can get updated if we want?