• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Efi System Of Nissan Presea R11

Chulanga

Question

Hi All Experts,

I need some help here. I'm using a Nissan Presea R11 and having some problems in the fuel system.

Problem 1:- Getting too much gasoline smell in the engine start-up (from the silencer) :unsure:

Problem 2:- Too much vibrations from the engine (shaking the gear stick) :violent-smiley-009:

Problem 3:- Acceleration is poor... :medium-smiley-032:

Few Months back did a FSC process and replaced all spark plugs, air filter and stuff...

What shall i do regarding this? Any god place to do the EFI system checkup other than A M W? :excl:

Need Expert Help!!!! :king2:

9 answers to this question

Hi All Experts,

I need some help here. I'm using a Nissan Presea R11 and having some problems in the fuel system.

Problem 1:- Getting too much gasoline smell in the engine start-up (from the silencer) :unsure:

Problem 2:- Too much vibrations from the engine (shaking the gear stick) :violent-smiley-009:

Problem 3:- Acceleration is poor... :medium-smiley-032:

Few Months back did a FSC process and replaced all spark plugs, air filter and stuff...

What shall i do regarding this? Any god place to do the EFI system checkup other than A M W? :excl:

Need Expert Help!!!! :king2:

Hi Chulanga, if you've done the usual things like replacing plugs, changing filters etc then its time to get a tune up done on your car.

From the sound of things your engine is running too rich and not idling very well and these could be down to a number of reasons. The air to fuel mixture is controlled by an ECU and a lot of the time the computer adjusts these things automatically though I know there are ways to over ride these things or some sensors in your car is faulty.

Best to take the car to A*W for a diagnostic and decide what to do next. I think there are a few very decent experts like Mr Zackie Ismail who you could take the car to if you prefer not to take it to A*W, but I think it won't cost you too much to get a diagnostic done at the agents. Depending on the results you can then decide how you could go about remedying the situation and you might be able to use your local mechanic for the repairs (if you know somebody good)

Edited by The Don

A*W charges around Rs.1250 or 2000 to have your car connected to the Nissan "Consult" , its diagnostics system

you don't need to do the repairs there - you can just have the diagnostics done so that you know whats really going on...

EFI's are tricky so its best to have a trained technician have a look at it using the right tools...

Hi,

I am not very familiar with JDM cars-but this is general-If the engine is misfiring the vibration will be felt and you will get the smell of petrol. If it is misfiring a coil or the plug leads may be faulty,if ok check the compressions-you may even have a mechanical fauly like a leaking valve,the best way forward is a logical and methodical approach, seek a good mechanic if possible with diagnostic equipment.

Maithri

Few days back same type of problem happened to my B15. I took it to a guy living in kelaniya. He first did the tuning and after tuning he carefully listened to the engine sounds and said that there is a problem in the ECU. So he removed ecu's circuit board to see what was going on. For my luck one of idle control IC has gone(actually bursted). The funny thing is there was no check engine light shown. But finally i could replace the ECU and now the car goes smoothly. and does very well in fuel.

Dear The Don, Devinda_Z, maithri & sbr,

Thank you very much for your replies! Really appreciate those... :rolleyes:

Seems like it is better to get ma ride diagnosed by A M W pple. Tomorrow i'm taking ma ride to A M W :action-smiley-076:

Just wanted to ask, how is the 3M FSC centre (Auto Mirage) in Nawala road? do you guys have any idea? if do please let me know...

Thankx again!!! :action-smiley-035:

Dear The Don, Devinda_Z, maithri & sbr,

Thank you very much for your replies! Really appreciate those... :rolleyes:

Seems like it is better to get ma ride diagnosed by A M W pple. Tomorrow i'm taking ma ride to A M W :action-smiley-076:

Just wanted to ask, how is the 3M FSC centre (Auto Mirage) in Nawala road? do you guys have any idea? if do please let me know...

Thankx again!!! :action-smiley-035:

well if you want to get the injector cleaning done, A*W offers 3M (or Wurth :unsure:) treatment...

(pardon me if sound like an advert for them,but i've been very satsified with the service they offer,esp in comparison to other agents)

hmmm,i'm not sure how auto Miraj in Nawala is,but i'd stay well away from the one in Mount Lavinia - i myself as well as many others i know have had bad expereinces (everything from burnt paint work :( to ruined LCD displays )with them - but these incidents have been related to servicing and not mechanical

Dear The Don,

How can i contact "Mr Zackie Ismail" ??? any contact number? if possible, please text it to 0777707066 :jumping-smiley-013:

Thankx & Regards!

Chulanga.

Hi Chulanga, if you've done the usual things like replacing plugs, changing filters etc then its time to get a tune up done on your car.

From the sound of things your engine is running too rich and not idling very well and these could be down to a number of reasons. The air to fuel mixture is controlled by an ECU and a lot of the time the computer adjusts these things automatically though I know there are ways to over ride these things or some sensors in your car is faulty.

Best to take the car to A*W for a diagnostic and decide what to do next. I think there are a few very decent experts like Mr Zackie Ismail who you could take the car to if you prefer not to take it to A*W, but I think it won't cost you too much to get a diagnostic done at the agents. Depending on the results you can then decide how you could go about remedying the situation and you might be able to use your local mechanic for the repairs (if you know somebody good)

Dear Devinda_Z,

Yeah! Thankx again for the advice. Yup :grinning-smiley-003: I also thought to myself that it is much better to take it to A M W.

Will let you know the progress and the cause for the car issue tomo eve...

:grinning-smiley-043:

ciao!

well if you want to get the injector cleaning done, A*W offers 3M (or Wurth :unsure:) treatment...

(pardon me if sound like an advert for them,but i've been very satsified with the service they offer,esp in comparison to other agents)

hmmm,i'm not sure how auto Miraj in Nawala is,but i'd stay well away from the one in Mount Lavinia - i myself as well as many others i know have had bad expereinces (everything from burnt paint work :( to ruined LCD displays )with them - but these incidents have been related to servicing and not mechanical