• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ara's Subaru

Velocity

guys did you check out ara's road going Subaru. Apparently its one of the few cars with anti lag system tuned by phil and this is a car which will be road used.

went for a drive and it was just awesome. will try to get some pics of the car over the weekend.

basically engine can run pretty high boost and i love that antilag sound and the front mount intercooler

what does the "anti lag sound" sound like and is this the purple/pink car?

its sounds dadin biding dong !!!!!!!!!! :P doong.

it has been turned blue. would be a ideal drag car, he is selling it i think. gona have a look on saturday.

i would think it would be the fastest road going subaru. i am not sure how much nigs would agree with me though :D

guys did you check out ara's road going Subaru. Apparently its one of the few cars with anti lag system tuned by phil and this is a car which will be road used.

Dims,

Whats the Subaru he has machang?

ash ara has the Sti 4 type with so many mods in it. it can run more than 2.0 bar boost and the engines is with forged parts.

Thanx Dims...

Man 2Bar??? :D who'd be gutty enough to race this guy (not forgetting his skill in driving) in this car.....also are we talking abt Nigel, when we reffer as Nigs?

went for a drive and it was just awesome. will try to get some pics of the car over the weekend.

basically engine can run pretty high boost and i love that antilag sound and the front mount intercooler

As good as Ashan didn't quite get wot nigs z for, i don't quite get what ara means... z it ara**** d* s****, well some time back i saw andy mentionining how nigs scooby took down ara's ferr****, may be that inspired ara to refine his scooby ride...(may be i am mistaken if so, sorry)

I'm pretty sure Ara reffers to Mr. Aravinda Premadassa......only he can do up an engine to that much of a scare level! As for Nigs....judging by the nature of the thread, pretty sure its my good friend Mr. Nigel Perera.... who ever it is, a drag between two Subarus is definitely a sight for the eyes!

I'm pretty sure Ara reffers to Mr. Aravinda Premadassa......only he can do up an engine to that much of a scare level! As for Nigs....judging by the nature of the thread, pretty sure its my good friend Mr. Nigel Perera.... who ever it is, a drag between two Subarus is definitely a sight for the eyes!

it is indeed nigel and aravinda premadasa and both nigs and ara good freinds. but ara would never drag another car,

Ash this car is amazing to be inside. it has all soughts of noices which bring more personality to a rex. it has a blow of which makes a whoosh sound and a antlig lag system which the security forces might mitake for a RPG Attack. Then it has the heartwarming scooby sound as well, and has monster front mount intercooler.

I hope ara brings the car out this weekend as well. Amazing piece of machine.

it is indeed nigel and aravinda premadasa and both nigs and ara good freinds. but ara would never drag another car,

Ash this car is amazing to be inside. it has all soughts of noices which bring more personality to a rex. it has a blow of which makes a whoosh sound and a antlig lag system which the security forces might mitake for a RPG Attack. Then it has the heartwarming scooby sound as well, and has monster front mount intercooler.

I hope ara brings the car out this weekend as well. Amazing piece of machine.

with alll that might of a rex, r sri lankan racers riding scoobies, the few(or i cant remember how many) scoobies that ran in katu recently came last and the cars also didnt sound as sweet as the evo's,

r there prominent scoobies in SL that does well in the race track?

if not y rnt da prominent racers not choosing the rex as their ride?

Ha ha, I guess everybodys talking about the "Seeni Boley" Ara was trying to turn that one in to a road going car about 15 months back ha ha, was even saying he might give it to his wife ...

And dims I think that intercooler wasn't always in the front, he had to do some mods to get it in the front or something, though I am quite envious of you for getting a ride in it ........ seriously,

Its a real pity really I guess that Subaru's dont seem to do as well as they used to in races, cos they certainly beat the hell out of Evo's for character, I guess people who know Ara would kind of always remember him in his Rex in Caltex colours (sorry I am a bit nostalgic now he he he)

Do post some pics when you have them Dims though I wonder why after spending so much on a paint job to pink has he gone for a more conservative blue .. :D

From what I recall... there were 2 Sti's tuned by some foreign tuner at last Katu. One broke down i think after one lap.. there was a Spec C also and the Evo 9 GT lapped it. :D

machan i think nalin dilpriya is a very good driver. remember how he won foxhill in his old sti 3. everyone has their limitation of budgets, so they may have problems in buying all the latest parts, because it costs millions of rupees and they are not sponsored by anyone.

We need to respect and support anyone who competes. subarus have not done very well, this is why most drivers have turned to evos.

but apart from the track, i think subaru is a nice car for road use and its more affordable than a evo in SL. this is why so many people in sl buy subarus. a great car and its affordable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS OUT OF TOPIC

BACK TO THE TOPIC,

I think ara painted the car because he had plan of selling it. still it has not been polished. will have some pics posted as soon as i got to see the car.

ash ara has the Sti 4 type with so many mods in it. it can run more than 2.0 bar boost and the engines is with forged parts.

firstly it is NOT a sti. it is a wrx n 3rd generation (sti 3 model wrx). secondly that model wit wht ever stuf in engine cant run 2bar. :angry-smiley-024: that version came stndrd 0.7bar. :blink: iam not sure if it has difernt engine(newer sti version). thirdly tht car hadly performd in d past as was breakng down mo than finishng races. :(

with alll that might of a rex, r sri lankan racers riding scoobies, the few(or i cant remember how many) scoobies that ran in katu recently came last and the cars also didnt sound as sweet as the evo's,

r there prominent scoobies in SL that does well in the race track?

if not y rnt da prominent racers not choosing the rex as their ride?

as fr subarus,they r fast as evos. :) it is just that no one in sl hv realy made a proper race car.sadly evn though som hv d budget to spend fr race car,they just cant get d act right. :action-smiley-060: d day one does,iam sure d top end evos on d race trak wil hv a tough time. :blink:

as fr subarus,they r fast as evos. :angry-smiley-024: it is just that no one in sl hv realy made a proper race car.sadly evn though som hv d budget to spend fr race car,they just cant get d act right. :action-smiley-060: d day one does,iam sure d top end evos on d race trak wil hv a tough time. :blink:

very very true...besides if subaru's can win international rallies, how can they fail this badly on tar?

very very true...besides if subaru's can win international rallies, how can they fail this badly on tar?

Subs dont win international rallies on tar. But that might be more due to Loeb than any particular weakness in the Scooby. :blink:

umm, only talking about the WRC here :action-smiley-060:

Yo Dims,

Sounds like a proper car to burn around on a Saturday night..... I'm a big Evo fan, but theres something abt Rex's that cant be described....more or less like a X factor.......well hope to see this car soon....

cheers

I remember seeing the car parked inside SSC during the roy-tho big match... also remember seeing him there too.. was wondering whos car that was.. :blink:

i saw it there as well.. i thought it was someones latest project car and was wondering when it would come out to the drags :action-smiley-060:

Subs dont win international rallies on tar. But that might be more due to Loeb than any particular weakness in the Scooby. :action-smiley-060:

umm, only talking about the WRC here :angry-smiley-024:

i didnt say they win on tar...goon...i meant how cud they fall short on tar? :blink: