• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Training Scool

Iroshana

Question

Anybody has an idea about a good auto mechanics training school in SL? Its really nice if we have one to learn it part time.

I understood there are many ppl here are really good auto engineers. If anybody capable to start a part time technical sessions, I think there is a good demand. I'm so keen to learn auto mechanics. But no such a place :(

Even somebody has a garage, just tell me. I like to come and work part time for free. Just to learn auto mechanics. :)

-Iroshana

Anybody has an idea about a good auto mechanics training school in SL? Its really nice if we have one to learn it part time.

I understood there are many ppl here are really good auto engineers. If anybody capable to start a part time technical sessions, I think there is a good demand. I'm so keen to learn auto mechanics. But no such a place :(

Even somebody has a garage, just tell me. I like to come and work part time for free. Just to learn auto mechanics. :)

-Iroshana

yes you call to this number 2835030. there is a class going on Nugegoda. you also can join.

yes you call to this number 2835030. there is a class going on Nugegoda. you also can join.

Thanks machan. I called the number. Unfortunately they have started the last batch 2 moths ago. I have to wait for about 3 months for the next batch. :(

-Iroshana

Where is the Laxmans building?? Do u have any contact details?

Hey I got info from City & Guilds web site. I dont know whether its allowed to post here :unsure: . There are Three institutes doing Motor Vehicle Engineering.

Edited by Iroshana

Hey I got following info from City & Guilds web site.

3905 Motor Vehicle Engineering

1) Alexandra College (Mr.Muthukuda)

718/1 , Second Divisions

Maradana,

Colombo 10.

Tel: 0777-529747 or 2856402

2) Jinasena Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. (Mr. Lalith Kularatne)

No.04, Hunupitiya Road,

Colombo 02.

Tel: 0777609948

3) Skills International (Pvt) Ltd ( Mr. J Weerasinghe )

Mr. Danesh Abeywickrema

2nd floor, Lakshman Building

321, Galle Road

Colombo 03

Tel.2375270 / 2375271 / 4740334

thats great mate... Let us know what you find out.. I'll call them in a bit too...

thats great mate... Let us know what you find out.. I'll call them in a bit too...

Following are the subjects :unsure:

Management Systems

Financial Systems

Business Systems

Management Skills

Service Reception

Electrical and Electronic Systems

Diesel Engines and Fuel Systems

Maths, Science and Electronics

Vehicle Systems

Maths, Science and Communications

Chassis Systems (Light/Heavy Vehicles)

Engine Systems (Light/Heavy Vehicles)

Following are the subjects :unsure:

Management Systems

Financial Systems

Business Systems

Management Skills

Service Reception

Electrical and Electronic Systems

Diesel Engines and Fuel Systems

Maths, Science and Electronics

Vehicle Systems

Maths, Science and Communications

Chassis Systems (Light/Heavy Vehicles)

Engine Systems (Light/Heavy Vehicles)

why do you sound suprised?

Hi guys.....

this is sumthin me wanted to learn about for 'A' loong time (hope they wnt say no to a female :rolleyes:) ......n didnt know such places exist in SL...

thks Iroshana 4 the info !

Hi guys.....

this is sumthin me wanted to learn about for 'A' loong time (hope they wnt say no to a female :rolleyes:) ......n didnt know such places exist in SL...

thks Iroshana 4 the info !

I called the place in Luxmans building. They don't care whether its a male or female. :D Total course is 19000/- with 4.5 months period. They said its totally practical course and there doing it at Orugodawaththa technical training institute.

Finally he said I have to pay Rs.150/- to register and wait on their waiting list. There taking only 10ppl for a batch. He said me there is a huge waiting list at Orugodawaththa. :(

Cant we find a good auto engineer here and do something. It seems more people are interested in this. :unsure:

Or can anybody offer me a part time job (I will pay the employer :D ) to work and learn? ;)

-Iroshana

I called the place in Luxmans building. They don't care whether its a male or female. :D Total course is 19000/- with 4.5 months period. They said its totally practical course and there doing it at Orugodawaththa technical training institute.

Finally he said I have to pay Rs.150/- to register and wait on their waiting list. There taking only 10ppl for a batch. He said me there is a huge waiting list at Orugodawaththa. :(

Cant we find a good auto engineer here and do something. It seems more people are interested in this. :unsure:

Or can anybody offer me a part time job (I will pay the employer :D ) to work and learn? ;)

-Iroshana

Iroshana, you just contact Mr. D.M.M. Dasanayaka. You tell him your requirement. He will help you. Better way is you go and meet him. Today evening you come to nugeogda rotary. He will be there from 6 pm to 6.15 pm

Iroshana, you just contact Mr. D.M.M. Dasanayaka. You tell him your requirement. He will help you. Better way is you go and meet him. Today evening you come to nugeogda rotary. He will be there from 6 pm to 6.15 pm

Hey.. Is he the person who doing that course?? :blink: When I called the number u gave me he is the one answered the phone. I heard he is a very nice person who has automobile knowledge. Actually I didnt know that he is Mr.D.M.M.Dasanayake. He has a very reasonable fee for students. Only Rs.500/- per month.

Thankx for info. I will go there and meet him.

hey, what about us? will this guy help be able to help us as well?

I seriously doubt they'd say no to you.. They'd prolly be suprised though :)

I asked that question from the institute :D . They don't care it. But they have a doubt whether she can manage to fix a nut to a given torque. ;)

Just kidding. OK?

Hey great iniative machangs ... Even me too interested provided can manage the timing out ... Anyways pls let us be updated on any possible outcome you guys come across ... cheers guys B)

Arc Angel, not only for Iroshana you all can go and meet him (better to than call him). he is very nice one and also very helpfull person. he is not thingking about money he is thinking about the service.

also welcome to www.rotaryauto.info

Edited by Nilantha

He is a lecturer doing advanced auto technics in Nugegoda Rotary hall. He expected get only 100 students per batch but now he is having more than 200. He told me its very difficult to continue when having more than enough.

Actually he is expecting students who have some experience and knowledge on auto mechanics.

I seriously doubt they'd say no to you.. They'd prolly be suprised though :)

Well....lets say people tend to have "A VELLY surprised" look :blink: ....when i mentioned about learning same :rolleyes: ....

he he... bet you wanna :violent-smiley-030: them eh...

he he ...lets say (KNOWING this lady) ........ :violent-smiley-030: ............ IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT !!!!!!!!

Edited by Marky

he he... bet you wanna :violent-smiley-030: them eh...

so so true.....for sum mad reason in this country ... its always told NOT A WOMANS' THING TO DO !!!!! <_< .... sumthing i fail to understand ...and mostly REFUSE to accept !!!!!! :rolleyes:

so so true.....for sum mad reason in this country ... its always told NOT A WOMANS' THING TO DO !!!!! <_< .... sumthing i fail to understand ...and mostly REFUSE to accept !!!!!! :rolleyes:

he he... whoa there tiger.. I'm mean, Tigress :) everyone here has nothing but appreciation for vehicle lovers...

so guess we'll see you at one of these courses... :)