• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All New Hummer Showroom

Bishu

Hey guys ,,,The new Hummer Showroom is still Under construction inside the Kirimandala Mw, Nawala …. Saw it yesterday & I got some Vid clips….. Thr was another Truck,,, didn’t looked at tht much cuz f the yellow Hummer…

Enjoy !!!!

Edited by Bishu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand these things. So f'ing over rated. Its far too big, does really really bad on fuel, crapy interior and looks just..,vulgar IMO. its just good for show, ie gem mudalali type with gold bracelets. uhhh!! :speechless-smiley-020::speechless-smiley-020:

Amen! It's ridiculous that people would actually ship, convert, and worse BUY these things in Sri Lanka, especially given car prices out there.

Can't stand these things. So f'ing over rated. Its far too big, does really really bad on fuel, crapy interior and looks just..,vulgar IMO. its just good for show, ie gem mudalali type with gold bracelets. uhhh!! :speechless-smiley-020::speechless-smiley-020:

Exactly. I dont think these vehicles are necessary in SL, money can be better spent on something else.

His money, His petrol!

dude it must be his money, his petrol, but its our environment they he's detroying. look it up as to what impact these things have on the environment with their high emmision levels and low milage!! vehicles like this are so heavily taxed and frowned upon here in uk and countries who really give a damn about the world we live in.

went on checked out on the place while passin by, was going for some other work so didnt have too much time to spend with those beauties!!!

some pics i took, was closed so cudnt find out the price, only the security guard was there...

both the vehicles r left hand drive, they still havent converted.

20022008497xh5.jpg

20022008499il7.jpg

His money, His petrol!

well said mate

dude it must be his money, his petrol, but its our environment they he's detroying. look it up as to what impact these things have on the environment with their high emmision levels and low milage!! vehicles like this are so heavily taxed and frowned upon here in uk and countries who really give a damn about the world we live in.

you my man, i'll answer you when i get some free time

went on checked out on the place while passin by, was going for some other work so didnt have too much time to spend with those beauties!!!

some pics i took, was closed so cudnt find out the price, only the security guard was there...

both the vehicles r left hand drive, they still havent converted.

20022008497xh5.jpg

20022008499il7.jpg

Oh Thanks for the pics bro,,,, great work :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dude where have you been living all these years???? Have you seen the thousands of vehicles going around the roads of Sri Lanka, which are actually not suitable for road use. These vehicles would have failed MOT tests in UK over a decade ago. I think a CTB bus on average has an emission level ten times that of an hummer!! We need to stop importing vehicles like Tata lorries, ashok leylands and stop the road use of old/derelict vehicles before we start complainin abt the impact hummer's cause on the enviroment.

Also with regards to your quote 'Gem mudalali type wearing gold bracelets', whats the big deal of gem merchants and wat type of bracelet they wear. They are businessmen who have worked hard to earn their living, so what they spend it on is their business. Also their profession is important to our country as it bring's alot of foreign currency into the country.

Let the people who have money buy hummers and let the people like me who like hummers, enjoy the pleasure of seeing such vehicles in our roads.

Edited by thar

i think what overdrive was trying to say in regard to the gem-merchants was that the H2 is more a show-peice than a moe of transport (like the bracelet).. But i dont see anything wrong with that. Afterall he is a businessman. He has to carry/show some levels of prestige wealth to show that he is successful. Think of it, if you were a businessman, would you rather do business with someone who has a shaddy-looking little shop say somewhere on a tiny walkway in a place like maradana, or would you rather goto a guy in some posh office with an office in say the WTC? so likewise to attract gem-sellers he has have somethign that says that he is a successful businessman. And if thats the case, a bling bling vehicle would be an ideal trophy.

As for THAR's statement about banning tata lorries and layland busses. i dont agree.. If you stop importing busses, where's you get busses for public transport? we'd have to rely on the older busses even more, this increasing the polution issue. the porblem isnt in the besses or lorries, its with the people who own/drive them... i'm sure we've all seen the typical leyland bus thats been overloaded to an extent that its almsot toppling over, and at times can bearly move. Not to mention the tata trucks we see outstation carrying sh*tloads of wood (tree trunks), which are obviously beyond its intended capacity So obviously these engines would wear out and not give proper combustion... so you cant actually blame the vehicles...

A for the H2, i agree its not the most fuel efficient... and in a way his-money-his-petrol theory may nto be a 100% applicable because as it is the govmnt subsidizes our diesel/petrol... so the governemt also pays part of OUR money for his petrol... you cant exactly prohibit people bring these down.... but to cut down on these imports, i have no objection on the governemnt taxing the pants off people who want these :).. if you want luxuries pay the price..

Dude where have you been living all these years???? Have you seen the thousands of vehicles going around the roads of Sri Lanka, which are actually not suitable for road use. These vehicles would have failed MOT tests in UK over a decade ago. I think a CTB bus o average has an emission level ten times that of an hummer!! We need to stop importing vehicles like Tata lorries, ashok leylands and stop the road use of old/derelict vehicles before we start complainin abt the impact hummer's cause on the enviroment.

Also with regards to your quote 'Gem mudalali type wearing gold bracelets', whats the big deal of gem merchants and wat type of bracelet they wear. They are businessmen who have worked hard to earn their living, so what they spend it on is their business. Also their profession is important to our country as it bring's alot of foreign currency into the country.

Let the people who have money buy hummers and let the people like me who like hummers, enjoy the pleasure of seeing such vehicles in our roads.

Think you've got your knickers in a twist dude. I don't think you quite comprehend what I said! And you are missing the point comlpletly. and also my apologies if I hit a nerve with regards to the gem mudalali thing! I have no problem with them. just trying to make a point. I am glad you ‘’enjoy’’ seeing vehicles like hummers on the road. good for you., really!

So are saying two wrongs make a right? 2.4 litres of fuel per 1km how do you justify that?? Your sort of mentality doesn’t help at all. answering your previous question I have lived most of my life in Sri lanka. So I know do how things work there. <_<

Amen! It's ridiculous that people would actually ship, convert, and worse BUY these things in Sri Lanka, especially given car prices out there.

hhhmmm... so only colored Americans are allowed to buy these type of automobiles? as mona said his money his petrol. you my not be able to afford it but there are others who can. so let them do what ever they want with their money.

Exactly. I dont think these vehicles are necessary in SL, money can be better spent on something else.

mate, people who buy these things have everything under the sun, they have nothing else to spend their money on. thats why such a lot of money is spent for a vehicle that'll be nothing but a show piece. why would you say these vehicles are not necessary in SL?

overdrive you starting to sound like these Hollywood types you see on big screen every day. before you point your finger at others can you honestly say you are doing your bit to save the environment. if you are so passionate about this you should be taking public transport when ever possible and you should be driving a fuel efficient car. AFAIK you failed to fulfill both of them while you were in SL.

the number of H2s in SL can be counted with just one hand. i'm sure the number of Monteros or even Land cruisers harm the environment a lot more when you take the shear number of them into account. i don't see anyone rallying against uni mo or toyota lanka. at least the H2 is petrol what about all those 'restored' diesel Defenders?

as you said two wrongs don't make it right but this is turning into yet another useless argument. yes we need to take care of the environment but putting the blame on the H2 owners is just wrong. go green concept has turn into a publicity stunt these days. there so much more we can do to cut down pollution other than driving hybrids.

dily, your fuel subsidiary comment make you sounds like a government MP. if you think the H2 owner is robbing our tax money imagine how someone living well below the poverty line will feel about you and me driving a corolla or a sunny? this comment has been turned into a mantra by this useless government. is it suppose to make us feel guilty or is it a desperate bid to show off that they really care about the hard working sri lankans?

oh overdrive i'm sure at some point you must have thought 50 cent look cool with all his bling but when a manik mudlallai try to manipulate it........

boys watch the south park episode on hybrids. love the way they take the piss out of such things. talking about taking the piss just saw kanye's brit awards acceptance speech. hilarious

Edited by xXx

2.4 litres of fuel per 1km how do you justify that??

i think you got your math wrong mate. according to yahoo auto H2 does 12 MPG that's about 5 KML. that's just 2km less per liter than ZUL's beamer.

http://cars.yahoo.co.uk/resultsmaxi_100354...2,New_Car_Guide

Forbes got a similar figure

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2005/hu...estdrive_5.html

Edited by xXx

Nope, I don't think "coloured" Americans should drive Hummers either. You can add ridiculously huge pickup trucks, Monteros and Prados to that list too. I think H2's especially are absolute pieces of junk, regardless of the driver. And yes, you are definitely correct- I will never be rich enough to own such a car in Sri Lanka, or probably anywhere else for that matter, and am completely content with that.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. They may have very well (hopefully legally) earned the money to pay for all that petrol and for the car itself, all I'm saying is that it's excessive and people should consider the effects of their actions on society and their actual needs. It's money leaving the country and unnecessarily extravagant consumption of oil. I completely agree with the fact that there are plenty of CTB buses, old vans and lorries that are horrible pollutants. They need to be dealt with too, but the fact that they aren't doesn't mean that we can ignore our social responsibilities.

Oh, and I love the Southpark episode on Hybrids, and definitely don't think that hybrids are the answer to any of our problems. And I might as well also state that I drive an old civic by the way which gets 40MPG and definitely do use public transportation whenever possible. I do have a less fuel efficient old BMW too, but that cost less money than a threewheeler in Sri Lanka and I take it out on very rare occasions. I wish Sri Lanka had a more efficient public transportation system, with which I'm completely fine with severe taxation of "luxury vehicles"...but all that money seems to be going elsewhere currently, which is sad.

I know that in some peoples eyes I am probably seen as one of those hypocrits who left the country and now preach about what everybody else should be doing. At least in the context of these hummers, I don't think ANYONE, ANYWHERE should spend hard-earned money on those things- for both the sake of it being a horrible investment, a horrible off-roader, a horribly driving vehicle, and perhaps also it's effects on society. No country is perfect, and there are lots of things I love about Sri Lanka- but the fact that nobody else is putting any effort to solve a problem, or the pure reason that you can do what you are doing is rarely a reason to (not) do something.

Lost cause! the word obstinate springs to mind.

hhhmmm... so only colored Americans are allowed to buy these type of automobiles? as mona said his money his petrol. you my not be able to afford it but there are others who can. so let them do what ever they want with their money.

mate, people who buy these things have everything under the sun, they have nothing else to spend their money on. thats why such a lot of money is spent for a vehicle that'll be nothing but a show piece. why would you say these vehicles are not necessary in SL?

overdrive you starting to sound like these Hollywood types you see on big screen every day. before you point your finger at others can you honestly say you are doing your bit to save the environment. if you are so passionate about this you should be taking public transport when ever possible and you should be driving a fuel efficient car. AFAIK you failed to fulfill both of them while you were in SL.

the number of H2s in SL can be counted with just one hand. i'm sure the number of Monteros or even Land cruisers harm the environment a lot more when you take the shear number of them into account. i don't see anyone rallying against uni mo or toyota lanka. at least the H2 is petrol what about all those 'restored' diesel Defenders?

as you said two wrongs don't make it right but this is turning into yet another useless argument. yes we need to take care of the environment but putting the blame on the H2 owners is just wrong. go green concept has turn into a publicity stunt these days. there so much more we can do to cut down pollution other than driving hybrids.

dily, your fuel subsidiary comment make you sounds like a government MP. if you think the H2 owner is robbing our tax money imagine how someone living well below the poverty line will feel about you and me driving a corolla or a sunny? this comment has been turned into a mantra by this useless government. is it suppose to make us feel guilty or is it a desperate bid to show off that they really care about the hard working sri lankans?

oh overdrive i'm sure at some point you must have thought 50 cent look cool with all his bling but when a manik mudlallai try to manipulate it........

boys watch the south park episode on hybrids. love the way they take the piss out of such things. talking about taking the piss just saw kanye's brit awards acceptance speech. hilarious