• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda "dream Car".

FastCar

apart from that... the asking price can't be too far from what he may have paid

I remember reading some where not sure if it’s this forum, that it cost him nearly 20mil to bring this down. I highly doubt it cost that much. Taking Sri Lankan's car culture into account unless there's something major wrong with the car I doubt the owner will part with it before pocketing a handy profit especially when the car is a one off.

Any ideas why he’s selling this all of a sudden?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas why he’s selling this all of a sudden?

is this the same car that met with an accident at Katu? should be -- as the ad states 'one & only M3 in SL'

http://www.autolanka.com/DiscView.asp?mid=...forum_id=6&

Maybe he means the one and only M3 in running condition. The one the crashed at Katu wasn't in running condition. No idea if anyone ever fixed it.

I see the price has come down to 1.5 Mil.

People in SL are selling vehicles and property at arbitary prices !!! As long as people keep buying them at ridiculous prices people will keep quoting ridiculous prices.

I struggle to understand the economic principles that keep a country like SL going, as with all the woes house prices and vehicle prices are still on the rise while the rupee is holding its ground, so obviously what is driving inflation is consumer demand not currency devaluation !.

well...the honda beat dream car is still for sale....while the nice n shiny black HONDA PRELUDE on autolanka 4 sale is at racersedge base..geting a tune up n a body wax...wait up guys it will come up nice n shiny for the next AUTOLANKA G2G ... :mellow: with da new owner ha ha

People in SL are selling vehicles and property at arbitary prices !!! As long as people keep buying them at ridiculous prices people will keep quoting ridiculous prices.

I struggle to understand the economic principles that keep a country like SL going, as with all the woes house prices and vehicle prices are still on the rise while the rupee is holding its ground, so obviously what is driving inflation is consumer demand not currency devaluation !.

I wouldn’t say the rupee is stable just yet. In SL the exchange rate is set to alleviate the USD hence why even though the USD has changed only a fraction over the past few years GBP and Euro has appreciated a lot. Current rupee stabilization is mainly due to the weaker USD rather than any economical development from our end.

I think the absurd car prices are due to handful of idiots’ trying to take advantage out of the current market turbulence. I also think this is due to new market trends, i.e. fiberglass mania in early 2000 jacked up the prices of Hondas especially the eg8, off roading culture is jacking up the prices of SUV’s/Jeeps and now the rising fuel prices have a similar effect on diesel cars.

Same apply to the property market. There are lots of clever investors who are willing to invest on property as a hedging tool against inflation. Plus the local property market never had a proper benchmark.

There’s nothing much to say about the sri lankan economic policy, good people at the central bank is happy to sit and wait and rely on high interest rates hoping the economy will magically grow one day and the inflation will decline. Can’t complain because the US Federal Reserve followed a very similar strategy up till a week ago.

What the local economy need is a cash injection, specially when every single cent flowing in is sucked up to fund a useless war. To make things worst the big buffoon has decided to stop the emigration of ‘unskilled’ labor. No surprise there this is the same idiot who though a government owned budget airline will be a god given gift to middle class families in an era when the government is struggling to keep afloat it’s mere 50% stake of the national carrier.

well...the honda beat dream car is still for sale....while the nice n shiny black HONDA PRELUDE on autolanka 4 sale is at racersedge base..geting a tune up n a body wax...wait up guys it will come up nice n shiny for the next AUTOLANKA G2G ... :mellow: with da new owner ha ha

Does it have my fingerprints:rolleyes: ??? wax em mate!! ;)

MINIACE

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Found this browsing around

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8582

Sharp drop from 2.3 isnt it? Guess the seller realised the price was a tad high

wee bit slow on the trigger there machang :lol:

POST #137

Dec 3 2008, 12:28 PM

well look what the cat dragged in....

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=8582

anyone notice the price?

wonder if he's sold it?

i've often wondered how effective the AL classified are, but i think its all down to the kinda demand for the car and the price quoted - heard from a friend that a mint Mini was sold the same evening the ad was placed on AL! :o

money well spent in that case me thinks