• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Obd2 Scan

Thiwanka Wimalasuriya

Question

hi,

I have a suzuki swift 2003 car and the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) of it just went off.

I want to do a odb scan and find whats wrong with it. Apperently the car is not showing any difference in performance or behavior.

What are the places in Sri lanka that do this scan ?

Thanks

-Thiwanka

18 answers to this question

hi,

I have a suzuki swift 2003 car and the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) of it just went off.

I want to do a odb scan and find whats wrong with it. Apperently the car is not showing any difference in performance or behavior.

Thanks

-Thiwanka

Agents... A*W in Union place

call zakie on 077750864. he has the scan tools for most models..

I met zakie , tried to scan, but the scan tool he had did not work for the car.

Will try my luck at A*W. only think is when i called them they said "ummm.... all our computerized tools (at kitulwatte where they have suzuki workshop)are damaged.....wont be avilable for a month". I didn't ask "ALL YOUR COMP TOOLS !! HOW THAT POSSIBLE" , even though I wanted to :D

Is there anyone else with obd Scan tools ?

Any comments about m*gc**y.

BIG NO...

Check with A*W, Have seen some Swifts plugged there.

& Also this place in Pita kotte 2 868838 or 2 889238 (Yatawara)

Edited by ash

hi,

Thanks

-Thiwanka

Where about do u live?

I met zakie , tried to scan, but the scan tool he had did not work for the car.

Will try my luck at A*W. only think is when i called them they said "ummm.... all our computerized tools (at kitulwatte where they have suzuki workshop)are damaged.....wont be avilable for a month". I didn't ask "ALL YOUR COMP TOOLS !! HOW THAT POSSIBLE" , even though I wanted to :D

Is there anyone else with obd Scan tools ?

MAG is a definite No, though they probably have the tools. Macro Autotech in Nawala probably have the tools themselves and might be able to scan.

The issue is not one of having an OBD II test tool, but having the right software to go along with it to decrypt the fault codes to something more meaningful

Perhaps its best to wait a month until A*W's tools are back online though even I find it surprising all of theirs have gone bust (probably have only one as they are fairly expensive pieces of kit !)

Ja-Ela, Sri lanka.

O.k. There's a guy named Chaminda at Wattala. He's 1 of the best car elecs in S.L(this guy even fixes fried ECU's). I only give my car 2 him cus of wht "car elec wannabe's" has done 2 my car in the past. Since sum idiot has messed my diagnosis I have no way of findin out probs. He has n individual device scanners. As I speak my car is gettin fixed by him due to my air intake controller is busted n cant find any parts. So he's the only guy who can fix dis. Lil expensive(he knows his value) but gets the job done(cheaper than replacing the part though). If u want the # I'l p.m. u.

O.k. There's a guy named Chaminda at Wattala. He's 1 of the best car elecs in S.L(this guy even fixes fried ECU's). I only give my car 2 him cus of wht "car elec wannabe's" has done 2 my car in the past. Since sum idiot has messed my diagnosis I have no way of findin out probs. He has n individual device scanners. As I speak my car is gettin fixed by him due to my air intake controller is busted n cant find any parts. So he's the only guy who can fix dis. Lil expensive(he knows his value) but gets the job done(cheaper than replacing the part though). If u want the # I'l p.m. u.

GuruG the PM facility is not enabled on this site, but this person sounds useful enough for his contact details to be posted in the open forum

I do not think there would be any objections to that from the site admin and the moderators

GuruG the PM facility is not enabled on this site, but this person sounds useful enough for his contact details to be posted in the open forum

I do not think there would be any objections to that from the site admin and the moderators

Didn't realise the PM is disabled. If no probs below is his contact details

Name - Chaminda

Garage - 0112 936 749

Mobile - 0714 898 606

Address -

11/14

Waliamuna Rd. (wali - sand/amuna - dam) :angry-smiley-048:

Handala

Wattala.

Turn right from Wattala junc to Handala rd and U hav 2 go abt 1km n turn left(big statue) go turn left again (small statue) go till end of that rd n u'll find his place. ..... oohhh Wht da hell call the guy n ask for direction or u'll end up somewhere else if I tell u where to go. <_<

Didn't realise the PM is disabled. If no probs below is his contact details

Name - Chaminda

Garage - 0112 936 749

Mobile - 0714 898 606

Address -

11/14

Waliamuna Rd. (wali - sand/amuna - dam) :angry-smiley-048:

Handala

Wattala.

Turn right from Wattala junc to Handala rd and U hav 2 go abt 1km n turn left(big statue) go turn left again (small statue) go till end of that rd n u'll find his place. ..... oohhh Wht da hell call the guy n ask for direction or u'll end up somewhere else if I tell u where to go. <_<

Thanks everyone for your valuable advices and support!

I will keep this thread posted on my progress (or lack of it).

Did u get ur prob fiexd?

sorry for not updating the thread. the MIL is still up. car is still doing just fine. also do about 13km/leter with AC in city drives.

btw i did one test [i know what i'm doing, so no need to worry about this :D] by shorting out

pin2+pin4 of the 6 pin Diagnostic connector. This gave diagnostic code 14. (one long flash, four short flashes).

This generic code is for "Coolant Sensor Circuit (Signal Voltage Low)"

I suspect a faulty (shorted) coolant sensor. will go to the agent soon do a proper testing.

sorry for not updating the thread. the MIL is still up. car is still doing just fine. also do about 13km/leter with AC in city drives.

btw i did one test [i know what i'm doing, so no need to worry about this :D] by shorting out

pin2+pin4 of the 6 pin Diagnostic connector. This gave diagnostic code 14. (one long flash, four short flashes).

This generic code is for "Coolant Sensor Circuit (Signal Voltage Low)"

I suspect a faulty (shorted) coolant sensor. will go to the agent soon do a proper testing.

All,

I went to A*W last week and get them to scan it. They told it's the O2 sensor. (Actually it's not the sensor itself, but the heater thats inside the sensor). After they showed me that the heater is open circuited, I got it replaced. Now the MIL is off when I drive. I also noticed a little bit of performance increase while accelerating. It seems to do bit better on fuel too.