• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141 - Fuel Economy??

hca

Hi, What is the average fuel economy of New Corolla 141 (petrol, Auto) short distance and long distance.

Approximately 7 & 12 respectively, as per several users I happen to know... was quite shocked to hear that.... I'd really like to know the reason for this poor situ.... (Power to weight ratio, etc..)

Approximately 7 & 12 respectively, as per several users I happen to know... was quite shocked to hear that.... I'd really like to know the reason for this poor situ.... (Power to weight ratio, etc..)

if true it could also be because they are brand-new. Wait till they do about 1500 km before making a call.

• 3 months later...

I think Itz because of the engine. the all new 141 has a 1.6L 3ZZ engine. But the 121 had a 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine with VVT-i.

I'm not sure whether the new 141 has VVT-i.

How about the manual version?

I think Itz because of the engine. the all new 141 has a 1.6L 3ZZ engine. But the 121 had a 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine with VVT-i.

I'm not sure whether the new 141 has VVT-i.

Well the All new 3ZZ-FE engine is VVTL-i engine that means it should do better than 1500cc version. lets wait and see. it's still early to comment i suppose. apparantly we are getting the US version of corolla with smaller engine. (US version is powered by more powerful 1800c motor) guess there might be power to weight ratio problem as well. but I'm not sure. lets give it some time and see.

Edited by Ruslan

Well the All new 3ZZ-FE engine is VVTL-i engine that means it should do better than 1500cc version. lets wait and see. it's still early to comment i suppose. apparantly we are getting the US version of corolla with smaller engine. (US version is powered by more powerful 1800c motor) guess there might be power to weight ratio problem as well. but I'm not sure. lets give it some time and see.

I agree with Ruslan about the power to weight factor of the toyota corolla. Cos when compared to the 121 corolla, 141 seems to be more heavier. And from the outside looks at least a 1.8L engine needed to pull that structure. 1.5 L and 1.6L difference of 0.1L seems to be not enough to pull out the additional weight.

I agree with Ruslan about the power to weight factor of the toyota corolla. Cos when compared to the 121 corolla, 141 seems to be more heavier. And from the outside looks at least a 1.8L engine needed to pull that structure. 1.5 L and 1.6L difference of 0.1L seems to be not enough to pull out the additional weight.

The 141 Altis (Bnew version) 1.6 Auto gets about 8-8.5 km/l in the city and about 12km/l out by around 4000km without any heavy footed driving.

Will have to wait and see if there is any improvement as it runs 5-10k.

Even the 121 1.5 Auto gets about the same +1-1.5 km/l so considering the increased weight it sounds about right.

• 11 years later...
  • 2 years later...