• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car Is Preferred....

seeker

Question

Guys,

After seeing and hearing different views about the latest models in Sri Lanka from popular manufacturers, thought of asking this Q from you all....

Given there's no cash issue, which of the below cars would you buy? and why?

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

Edited by seeker

Doesn't Mazda qualify fot this poll...? or is it that you want an openion limited to the cars mentioned here..?

Thanks mate.. it was actually a typo miss.... :)

Question is updated.... Expect these to be the more popular sedan types in SL.. but any reasonable suggestion is welcome... but it has to be a model which is likely to be popular... Remember the rules... only the cost of the car is funded.... maintanance is all yours......

Guys,

After seeing and hearing different views about the latest models in Sri Lanka from popular manufacturers, thought of asking this Q from you all....

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

Corolla 141

Question is updated.... Expect these to be the more popular sedan types in SL.. but any reasonable suggestion is welcome... but it has to be a model which is likely to be popular... Remember the rules... only the cost of the car is funded.... maintanance is all yours......

Ah.. that's better..

But now I have to re-think my options.. since you stated that "maintanance is all yours......" and considering the fact that our agent for Mazda has nothing great to offer...!

I'd still take the risk to own a Mazda 3 RS..

Guys,

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

The Allion or the New Lancer

Ah.. that's better..

But now I have to re-think my options.. since you stated that "maintanance is all yours......" and considering the fact that our agent for Mazda has nothing great to offer...!

I'd still take the risk to own a Mazda 3 RS..

Guys,

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

I'd go for the new Civic. 1.8 litre puts out 140 bhp which is more than enough for sri lankan roads, and it looks good. Decent fuel economy too.

I'm not a fan of the new lancer, has too much of a "tall boy" look to it which makes the wheels look tiny. Don't know how she handles but the 1.5 litre model has drums at the rear which isn't too cool!

Corolla 141 is going to be waaayyy too common and not fun to drive, although it will have good second hand value.

Mazda3 is nice, but a bit underpowered even though it handles really well and everyone has plenty to say about the agents.

I wouldn't even consider the allion and Tiida. Not a fan of the way they look.

My initial instinct was to go for the civic, but keep in mind that fuel consumption is rather poor for some reason, now i believe the agents only offer the 1.6l car, not too certain though

The lancer is also a very attractive buy

I'd go for the new Civic. 1.8 litre puts out 140 bhp which is more than enough for sri lankan roads, and it looks good. Decent fuel economy too.

The New Civic 1.8 is supposed to get 8kmpl. If you think thats good, I'll sell you my car that does 7 for half the price of a Civic. :rolleyes:

new civic..if u can get the RR,,,its a hit..well for me ..i like the brand, the look, the comfort n the power plus maintainance...

For one thing, No one said RR. For another thing, the RR won't have the comfort OR the maintenance ease. Anyway, doubt the NEW Civic will be easy to maintain like a EG.

The New Civic 1.8 is supposed to get 8kmpl. If you think thats good, I'll sell you my car that does 7 for half the price of a Civic. :rolleyes:

Great! I'll buy; provided that it's of the same condition as a Brand new CIVIC :D

For one thing, No one said RR. For another thing, the RR won't have the comfort OR the maintenance ease. Anyway, doubt the NEW Civic will be easy to maintain like a EG.

Can't really compare EGs with this can we... anyway, I don't really go for this maintanance cost difference issue for new cars... all of these come with such advanced technology that it's becoming increasingly difficult for the wayside 'baas' to handle without screwing big time.... the cost of new parts, compared one-to-one, hardly give much difference... I think the main decision factors for those who can afford a new car will be quality of agents plus the preferred model (of course, the former may require a bit of compromise...). It's a bit like meeting your dream girl, who comes bundled with a nightmare mother-in-law :lol:

Great! I'll buy; provided that it's of the same condition as a Brand new CIVIC :D

Almost. That and fuel cons being lower is why it costs less.

Can't really compare EGs with this can we... anyway, I don't really go for this maintanance cost difference issue for new cars... all of these come with such advanced technology that it's becoming increasingly difficult for the wayside 'baas' to handle without screwing big time.... the cost of new parts, compared one-to-one, hardly give much difference...

Thats my point too. Under that condition, pointing to maintenance cost as a factor FOR a new Civic is difficult.

A lot of Civic fans associate like that. Think a base model purely economy car is equivalent to the Type R, or RR for example. I get the feeling the maintenance comment was made on the same basis.

What would be the most foul economically one out of these?

New CIVIC

New Lancer

Corolla 141/121

Mazda3

Allion

Tiida

Sunny

Yaris

Bluebird

You mean "fuel" economy? :)

Seems the 121 and Allion.... rest are said to be below 10 in city. (but did come across one who said his Yaris did 11-12, but he doesn't travel during peak traffic in Colombo).

I'll Go for a Allion if it ws 1.8 version. if not New Civic. :rolleyes:

Kulunu,

I guess that new corolla got the new 3ZZ-FE Engine (1.6l VVTLI) and Allion got 1NZ-FE (A15 - 1.5L VVT) or 1ZZ-FE (A18 - 1.8L VVT). hope the corolla does better. but I'm not sure. :blink: