• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

Out of all the europian brands BMW must be the most commen one here Anybody know of a BMW community in SL ?

As far as I know, none exists yet...... I guess Beemer owners haven't really gotten into the "Fraternity" mentality in SL yet..... I could be wrong however, Gtam might be able to elaborate further..

There was a BMW drivers club many moons ago. But it seems to have fizzled out. Recently a pal of mine suggested that the agents were interested in re-starting the club and if I would join etc. At the time when I had the 323i convertible. But nothing came off it.

I can foresee that membership and interest will not reflect the numbers of cars we see on the road. I feel most owners buy a BM for presitige purposes and not actual driving pleasure. This is true in other markets as well. What do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys.

Me and some friends are talking about starting a club for all BMW in sri lanka. it will be up and runing soon once we have all the doc's ready we will let u guys know at this time its only my friends and me and we have 12 cars. we are planing a town drive by and some other things too like a BMW show so all BMW guys and ur COOL CARS can come and showoff what BMW are made of

hey guys.

Me and some friends are talking about starting a club for all BMW in sri lanka. it will be up and runing soon once we have all the doc's ready we will let u guys know at this time its only my friends and me and we have 12 cars. we are planing a town drive by and some other things too like a BMW show so all BMW guys and ur COOL CARS can come and showoff what BMW are made of

Looking forward to it!

if i recall correctly, his car was an E36... not too sure about the colour though

There was 300- a E36 cabriolet 323i bluish purple @ M*****'s had come for a steering rack replacement. Bought recently for 3.5 mil. Looked real smooth.

About the club, if you guys are doing something count me in

There was 300- a E36 cabriolet 323i bluish purple @ M*****'s had come for a steering rack replacement. Bought recently for 3.5 mil. Looked real smooth.

That was the car :) !

a bit OT, but something i found on eBay when looking for some other thing..

anyone willing to pay 1.4 mil for a 2001 BMW 740i?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-7-Serie...ZWDVW#mainImage

And how much would we pay for one over here? sad isnt it:(

hey man

just today i was looking at one 19- 730i and the guy wanted 3mil the interior needs work for about 250k

i see lots of cool BMW on e-bay and when i see the buy it now price i fall to bits and wish i was in USA

hey

wats up???? about the club i'll let u know as soon as we get started,,,.,.,

i saw that car @ M*****'s too looks cool

hey man

just today i was looking at one 19- 730i and the guy wanted 3mil the interior needs work for about 250k

i see lots of cool BMW on e-bay and when i see the buy it now price i fall to bits and wish i was in USA

i completely feel what you mean..but luckily i am currently on this side of the pond! I actually just got an E30 325i...for a bit less than $2,000. I think it was a great deal in itself, given that it's one of my favourite cars of all time.

anyway, i hope you guys manage to get a bimmer club going in SL again. There really are a handful of really nice cars and true enthusiastic owners. like gtam mentioned, most people do buy BMWs these days for the show, but that shouldn't stop the few true loyalists from uniting! Hey, if anything maybe you'll convert some of them into realizing what great driving machnies they have and make them get off the back seat and take control.

i completely feel what you mean..but luckily i am currently on this side of the pond! I actually just got an E30 325i...for a bit less than $2,000. I think it was a great deal in itself, given that it's one of my favourite cars of all time.

My uncle bought the 540i in this picture for $5000 and the 325ci for $2300... both VERY refined FUN drives... i envy you BMW drivers in a way:(

did a 4000km+ road trip from San Diego to Atlanta in little over 3 and haf days :D

dscn4183az5.th.jpg dscn4184gy5.th.jpg

As for other cheap deals, i saw a Vanquish for USD 100,000 on ebay (buy it now)....i was actually looking for a 1:18 scale model of a vanquish when this popped up :D

i recall coming across a mint E39 540i for just south of the afore mentioned value a few moths back

Yes. Awesome car drove it a bit as one of my pals were very keen on it. Fantastic. But we chickened out as some of the cars of that period has engine blocks going bust according to quite a few UK forums.

My uncle bought the 540i in this picture for $5000 and the 325ci for $2300... both VERY refined FUN drives... i envy you BMW drivers in a way:(

did a 4000km+ road trip from San Diego to Atlanta in little over 3 and haf days :D

dscn4183az5.th.jpg dscn4184gy5.th.jpg

As for other cheap deals, i saw a Vanquish for USD 100,000 on ebay (buy it now)....i was actually looking for a 1:18 scale model of a vanquish when this popped up :D

We are really living in the wrong country

http://www.bedfordcarsales.co.uk/page.asp?id=159

I’d be willing to ignore the fact that its auto for that. IMHO, the sexiest car BM ever built.

I’d be willing to ignore the fact that its auto for that. IMHO, the sexiest car BM ever built.

i agree. i like the new M6 a lot too.

we have couple of these bad boys don't we? i've seen 2. Ajmal's red one and a blue colour one.

we have couple of these bad boys don't we? i've seen 2. Ajmal's red one and a blue colour one.

Last time I heard of it, the blue one was sold by the well known businessman S**** Perera to Murali's bro.

Last time I heard of it, the blue one was sold by the well known businessman S**** Perera to Murali's bro.

isnt there a black one also.. i thought i remember seeing one at a motorshow sometime back.....

Talking about cheap cars, does anyone remember the episode of topgear where they had a compertition where the 3 guys has to buy 3 cars (from the 80s i think) for a challenge... JC got a Volvo for just ONE pound...... thats around 210 rupees!!!!!! hell, thats less than 2 liters of petrol.... :D aparently it was cheaper for Volvo to sell it to JC than to pay a junkyard 50 pounds to take it :D

didn't know that Blue one belonged to Mr. Perera. that man does have good taste when it comes to automobiles

i've heard of & have very vague memories of another 8 series - a very Dark Purple i think it was....

:unsure:

i'm not sure if it was this car, but i do recall seeing an 8 Series in the Observer classified back in 2004

i've heard of & have very vague memories of another 8 series - a very Dark Purple i think it was....

:unsure:

i'm not sure if it was this car, but i do recall seeing an 8 Series in the Observer classified back in 2004

That I think was the Blue one....I remember having a peek but I remember it being LHD. Its was at a place in Cotta Road.

I have seen 3 in all. The Blue, The Red and a Dark Met Grey if I can recall proper.