• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Was Prabakaran At Bombed Location?

MADZ

MiniAce

You reckon the iraqi's buried these babies in the sand to keep em away from the americans?

think i can see some form of polythene covering and cammo net on the first pic....

Yes Iraqis kept them out of Allied reach,to be used after.

MINIACE

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a beautiful delta winged sea plane (bomber)? Eight engines but even more sexier than this one? It was designed by an Italian.

dude...if you don't mind me asking...what's with you and Italians eh :lol:

btw... it think FIAT was into making aircrafts sometime ago... not sure about alpha :lol:

Wasn't there a beautiful delta winged sea plane (bomber)? Eight engines but even more sexier than this one? It was designed by an Italian.

just realized that from an aerodynamical POV... i wonder how they managed to make a sea plane with a delta wing... those wing designs need higher airspeeds to generate enough lift to take off... since it's a sea plane there's gotta be some for of pontoons attached to it to enable take off from water...

added drag...

you remember the name of this jet by any chance... very interesting :)

dude...if you don't mind me asking...what's with you and Italians eh :lol:

btw... it think FIAT was into making aircrafts sometime ago... not sure about alpha :lol:

I was afraid that comment will come :D ! Well they are the best designers in the world aren't they? ;) I saw a feature on Discovery - I think about this guy who was helping the Soviets.

Yes Fiat made air craft and some were quite good in WW2. I think they have some shareholding with Augusta choppers as well. Alfa supplied Mercedes designed engines for some Italian fighters but the factory got bombed a few times and then they got them direct from Germany.

All this aircraft talk has got me pumped up about them again (I last was crazy about them when I was a kid burt cars soon shot them down :lol: ). Anyway I should read up some of the books I have.

I was afraid that comment will come :D ! Well they are the best designers in the world aren't they? ;) I saw a feature on Discovery - I think about this guy who was helping the Soviets.

Yes Fiat made air craft and some were quite good in WW2. I think they have some shareholding with Augusta choppers as well. Alfa supplied Mercedes designed engines for some Italian fighters but the factory got bombed a few times and then they got them direct from Germany.

All this aircraft talk has got me pumped up about them again (I last was crazy about them when I was a kid burt cars soon shot them down :lol: ). Anyway I should read up some of the books I have.

Talking about WW2 and war planes, as it was the first time aerial combat played a key part in the war,

Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs might have taken the prize in the end but for a lot of the war the best carrier fighter was the Mitsubishi "Zero" :)

Talking about WW2 and war planes, as it was the first time aerial combat played a key part in the war,

Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs might have taken the prize in the end but for a lot of the war the best carrier fighter was the Mitsubishi "Zero" :)

i love the design of the spitfire...like those lines :)

Zero's seems to have been a very agile fighter... i have shot em down in PS2 "heroes of the pacific" quite easily though :rolleyes:

i love the design of the spitfire...like those lines :)

Zero's seems to have been a very agile fighter... i have shot em down in PS2 "heroes of the pacific" quite easily though :rolleyes:

ha ha I do not think American made games give enough respect to these Japanese legends,

Right until the end of the war the Americans had no answer to these menaces. If anything it was the inexperienced pilots which let them down and also the lack of complicated electronics like radar

ha ha I do not think American made games give enough respect to these Japanese legends,

Right until the end of the war the Americans had no answer to these menaces. If anything it was the inexperienced pilots which let them down and also the lack of complicated electronics like radar

Oh I dunno machan the americans came up with some decent fighters later in the war, which more than matched the zeros on their own terms.... The Grumman f6F hellcat, and the Vought F4U Corsair are prolly the best examples of the breed

Oh yeah...our skies are more secure from intruders now ;) 'Airguard' is taking care of that.Bit too early to spill the beans.

MINIACE

:) good news indeed...ws wondering whether these were F series or the J ones :) heard it's numbering 6 nos' :)

Kfirs

Http://#######/22lo3n

new radar?

http://www.raytheon.com/products/hfswr/

Hi Miniace,

I've seen in a article saying that Army is going to buy T-55's in a higher price while they can buy T-72's for that price.

Is it true?

Lets wait till a media guy to publish more! ;) there are many custom varients unknown to public ;) ? (a combination of many varients)

MINIACE

i think tamilnet published the news on 6 jets all supposed to be F7's...not sure about the exact variant...

if i'm not wrong F7-G is supposed to be the multirole variant... don't think SLAF will invest on jets only on air superiority capabilities so chances are these are the multi role ones we got...

On onboard radars...unless the info is already in public domain...better not to talk about those since all systems do have their weaknesses and let's not give any room for the enemy to use it against us :)

I was thinking SLAF might be going for J8's but i suppose the F7 have more all round capabilities

SLAF got enough multiroles.Whats more important is dedicated Air-to-Air machines!

MINIACE

ehem...so is it true we are into 3G fighters these days... they were some noise in the "community" that we SLAF is using 3G infra structure etc :rolleyes:

Don't think the F7's were 3G, maybe the the J8's and J10's... that's almost too good to be true :)

Even the F-7's and the F-8's are popular for harassing US ep-3's so getting six of em sounds bloody good :)

Hope these would be spread out in AAB and Katu :)

Why can't we produce our own military equipment. Even LTTE produce some.

If we start doing so we can save lot of money which flows out from this country. And may be we can export them. :alc:

We have the knowledge. So why don't we do so. I don't think money to invest will be a problem.