• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Was Prabakaran At Bombed Location?

MADZ

Nice thread about SLAF

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62930

the thread starter was working with the SLAF and is US guy :)

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62930

Ruslan

IMHO...the google expertise :) I think the Mig29's are an overkill at this stage since this was all hyped up during the use of Zlins by the ltte...

Mig29 doesn't offer a huge advantage over the existing jets we have in our conflict since these are primarily air superiority fighter designed for dog fighting.

The 29 however is Marvelous machine :)

yesterday in history channel they were showing the best fighter aircrafts ever and typical US style they have avoided the 29 :angry-smiley-048:

The 29's might be a good choice if we are looking into the future as overall improvement of our fleet but to counter the Zlin threat????

Maybe we need better early warning systems, better AA fire control systems etc...

And if i'm not wrong, we didn't have night vision capability on our jets until ltte bombed us...

maybe Mini can correct by mistakes and add some more info if it's in the public domain :)

i think our fellas looking at MIG29SM variant (Multi role) isn't it Miniace? theres no point of getting a Aircraft which is dedicated Interceptor role in our scenario? yeah true have seen many videos about 29. its very agile in its class.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini Bro

How do you keep ya cool when driving on SL roads when you're used to high speed flying??? :)

Its really hot!! Totally different.Im going older every minute spent on ground! Not easy! Three wheeler fellas and bus Bugg*rs make motoring life bad hah?

MINIACE

So the long and short of it is that Prabakaran isn't dead after all :( . I hope the guy will go soon. I feel his demise will break the LTTE. But will it end ethnic conflict and the disputes between Tamils and Sinhalese? What do you guys think?

i think our fellas looking at MIG29SM variant (Multi role) isn't it Miniace? theres no point of getting a Aircraft which is dedicated Interceptor role in our scenario? yeah true have seen many videos about 29. its very agile in its class.

We were offered UBs and UBSs if im not mistaken.

MINIACE

So the long and short of it is that Prabakaran isn't dead after all :( . I hope the guy will go soon. I feel his demise will break the LTTE. But will it end ethnic conflict and the disputes between Tamils and Sinhalese? What do you guys think?

My view in short- That will be the start of a very bad era!! No comments beyond that.

MINIACE

more goodies on SLAF

http://www.mapsociety.net/SLAF.html

SLAF and tiger air wing

http://www.scramble.nl/lk.htm

GTAm

I think somebody like pottu or even piraba's wife, charles A or even suzy boy might take over...

But Velu's demise will hopefully be an end of a bloody era and a useless war... Velu has such a following and enjoy godly status so once he's taken out....the outfit will suffer...

Hopefully that's be the best time to use those lovely RM70's and all our heavy assets and push hard into wanni heartland :)

the sooner this ends...better for all involved :) especially for the folks under tiger control without a future or even a present :(

And at the same time...certain hardliners from the south also should be dealt with... One country one identity and nobody should be given special treatment due to race, religion etc

I think it's still not confirmed that he's dead or alive? once we cut of the head the body will die eventually. see what happened to JVP buggers? for the sake of our countrymen Mudalali should die.

My view in short- That will be the start of a very bad era!! No comments beyond that.

MINIACE

there's a guy on LNP under the user name "specialforce" who keeps on saying the same..

according to him Velu is incompetent and thanks to his "mistakes" only these buggers will loose their bigger goal...

If that's the case...can't understand why we keep on going after him.

tricky stuff eh MiniAce... :)

I think it's still not confirmed that he's dead or alive? once we cut of the head the body will die eventually. see what happened to JVP buggers? for the sake of our countrymen Mudalali should die.

Well I think the JVP wasn't finished off properly. I think they are still doing a lot of damage to our country.

Hey MiniAce & Ruslan.... :grinning-smiley-003: Just go to the SLAF Web site :lam: & just check the No's & the New Technology equipments :bud: that they call for forign Tender's every month!!! & Then Ruslan... you will get a small idea of the Technology upgrade :violent-smiley-027: of SLAF Fighter jets, Helicopters & Ammunition!!! :violent-smiley-099:

Hey MiniAce & Ruslan.... :grinning-smiley-003: Just go to the SLAF Web site :lam: & just check the No's & the New Technology equipments :bud: that they call for forign Tender's every month!!! & Then Ruslan... you will get a small idea of the Technology upgrade :violent-smiley-027: of SLAF Fighter jets, Helicopters & Ammunition!!! :violent-smiley-099:

No Machan You are wrong. You can not assume the Technology by just looking @ the Web site. They were an Air Force. Not an IT company.

For your information Just have a look @ University of Moratuwa or Colombo university web sites. Do you think they were not advanced in technology?

No Machan You are wrong. You can not assume the Technology by just looking @ the Web site. They were an Air Force. Not an IT company.

For your information Just have a look @ University of Moratuwa or Colombo university web sites. Do you think they were not advanced in technology?

Yo dude! Mishiran is talking about tenders not the website!! :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

Yo dude! Mishiran is talking about tenders not the website!! :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

Oops Sorry. I got all wrong. It's my fault. Sorry Mishiran :rolleyes:

Hey Thanushka, I am talking about Military Techniligy :violent-smiley-026: !!! not Information Technology :lam: !!! Hey MiniAce the web site will not give classified information :ninja: , but i was trying to help out with the New Guns, Navigation & Engine Ovahaule's!!! Oh MiniAce I am Shiran, Nice to meet you man :food-smiley-004: !!!

Hey Thanushka, I am talking about Military Techniligy :violent-smiley-026: !!! not Information Technology :lam: !!! Hey MiniAce the web site will not give classified information :ninja: , but i was trying to help out with the New Guns, Navigation & Engine Ovahaule's!!! Oh MiniAce I am Shiran, Nice to meet you man :food-smiley-004: !!!

Hi mate! All sesitive stuff done through Lanka Logistics and through regd suppliers only.They are contcated through email & Fax.Those tenders are not mass-invited ! Overhauls,Guns,avionics fall into classified category.

MINIACE

"the pilots have confirmed there was no anti aircraft fire directed at the jets, which suggests that Prabha wasn't in the base. Apparantly truck mounted anti aircraft guns follows Prabha where ever he goes."

Maybe this was too much of a giveaway of Velu's position and they stopped it or something to keep a lower profile due to increased DPU and SLAF activity?

I'm not saying it is but there's a possibility... And these truck mounted guns are nor necessarily huge trucks and huge guns... Most of em are jeep mounted and some guns are the same one that's found on some of their naval vessels

Well everything is a possibility but what matter are the facts. Sounds like a yet another very well organized propaganda stunt from the Chinthanaya and the Co. Before all the patriots get excited I’m refereeing to the news article about praba's assassination not about the camp X ray.

The way I see it is, this news was given wide publicity to give a glimpse of hope about a brighter future to the suffering people. Since some of the educated members in the forum did end up taking the bate I don't even want to think about the mindset of the rural Sri Lankans.

Regarding Mini's comments on every bomb hitting the bull’s eye, well who's there to point out that it didn't. Lake House publications, SLRC????

Well the US used more advanced stuff to bomb Tora-Bora in Afghanistan still the enemy survived. What can 24 buck buster do? It’s not as if LTTE camps are made out of mud and clay.

I think the patriotism is clouding the better judgment.

[i’m refereeing to the news article about praba's assassination not about the camp X ray.]

mate SLDF or GOSL never confirmed he was taken out. :)

http://www.defence.lk/new.asp?fname=20080123_05

that's the govt. propaganda place on the web but they don't say anything about Velu's assasination

chinthanaya or ET or even fricking Smurf is ok as long as the bloody terrorists are dealt with

[Regarding Mini's comments on every bomb hitting the bull’s eye, well who's there to point out that it didn't.]

well mate...it might have missed the bull's eye but at least it'll hit it's brainless skull :)

What Mini must've been saying is that since we have eye's the sky with newer technology there's footage to confirm whether the painted target was taken or not...

[Tora-Bora in Afghanistan still the enemy survived]

yep true but do they operate the way they used to do??? before these bombings were going on ltte buggers has their courts, cop sheds, public toilets etc but now velu himself cant move around that much and have to send the wifey.. doesn't these things says something about our accuracy to bomb their assets :)

I respect you for not falling to propaganda crap by governments trying to score cheap shots but at the same time...you gotta give credit when it's due :)

just ma 2 cents

Aren't those trainers?

I've been saying we need dedicated CAS craft. A-10s preferably, or Su-25s, if we want to be cheap. Or just keep getting Hinds.

A-10 and Su25's are cool but don't think we have the moolah to invest on such task specific crafts... and the other thing is that we would need to train our pilots to a whole new line of aircrafts... :)

They say if you fire the gatling gun on the A-10 at slower speeds the kickback is so powerful it can place the aircraft to a stall :) You can imagine what that badboy can do when attacking ground targets

Hinds are good but the hitch is that a lucky shot from a cheap RPG can take it down when operating low due to it's slower speeds...

Regarding Mini's comments on every bomb hitting the bull’s eye, well who's there to point out that it didn't. Lake House publications, SLRC????

Well the US used more advanced stuff to bomb Tora-Bora in Afghanistan still the enemy survived. What can 24 buck buster do? It’s not as if LTTE camps are made out of mud and clay.

I think the patriotism is clouding the better judgment.

NGOs ,Tamilnet or maybe you'll explain any wrong target before Lakehouse or SLRC does.

What can 24 buck buster do? It’s not as if LTTE camps are made out of mud and clay.

Ask a captured Terrorist what a High penetration bomb can do.If you speak tamil,will organize a meeting with one. :lol:

MINIACE

Aren't those trainers?

I've been saying we need dedicated CAS craft. A-10s preferably, or Su-25s, if we want to be cheap. Or just keep getting Hinds.

Them are tandem seaters not only trainers.A-10s are not for export. SU-25s are very expensive to operate and not suitable to operate in portable SAM environments. We have enough n more Hinds,they cant penitrate and attack you know.

MINIACE