• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Was Prabakaran At Bombed Location?

MADZ

In Last sortie they've used two types of birds. Kfirs and Mig27M's. Normally for low flying sorties they use MIGs. this time Kfir used "Dive bomb" (To Get An idea of "Dive Bombing" Watch Movie stealth. buggers used to bomb a place in Myanmar or somewhere in South East asia using that method. ps: Don't bye those fake Aircrafts though :action-smiley-060: ) method to bomb the place. cos Delta Winged aircrafts isn't effective in low flying sorties. they've used 500lb Bunker busters plus 2,000 lb MK84 Hammer type Dumb bombs to bomb the hell out of Tigers. Amazing thing is Our boys using 70's technology to Beat the Crap out of Kotia. :angry-smiley-048:

You got too many wrong info dude!!

Our strategies and technologies are of new millenium not 70s stuff dude!! You can verify your statement here!!

MINIACE

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got too many wrong info dude!!

Our strategies and technologies are of new millenium not 70s stuff dude!! You can verify your statement here!!

MINIACE

I'm talking about the birds pal. not the Bombs. All the aircrafts we are using now is 3rd gen Fighters of 70s 80s. we just got them in year 2000. :angry-smiley-048:

I'm talking about the birds pal. not the Bombs. All the aircrafts we are using now is 3rd gen Fighters of 70s 80s. we just got them in year 2000. :angry-smiley-048:

Still wrong! Kfirs we got in late-95 and MiG27s in late 99!

Kfirs are in active service with 8 Airforces including USA (as a trainer).

Mig 27s are in active service with 29 Airforces including India & Russia! Still Indias favourite GA aircraft over many ! India got many squadrons of 23s and 27s.awaiting 20 more to be commisioned after major overhaul this month.Want more details??

MINIACE

Still wrong! Kfirs we got in late-95 and MiG27s in late 99!

Kfirs are in active service with 8 Airforces including USA (as a trainer).

Mig 27s are in active service with 29 Airforces including India & Russia! Still Indias favourite GA aircraft over many ! India got many squadrons of 23s and 27s.awaiting 20 more to be commisioned after major overhaul this month.Want more details??

MINIACE

i think what Ruslan meant was that Mig's were first manufactured in the 70's. hence why its classified as 70's technology.

who's awaiting 20 more? India or SL????

Miniace, any insider news on yesterday's attack. there were lot of buzzing yesterday and it seems to have died down now. plus if that base is such an important one for LTTE how come they didn't use/have any anti aircraft missiles or guns????

According to Defencenet, SLAF used 24 bunker buster bombs to attack the 'X-Ray' base. If this is true I don't think anyone in that base would have had a chance to survive. But the bad news is, the pilots have confirmed there was no anti aircraft fire directed at the jets, which suggests that Prabha wasn't in the base. Apparantly truck mounted anti aircraft guns follows Prabha where ever he goes.

i think what Ruslan meant was that Mig's were first manufactured in the 70's. hence why its classified as 70's technology.

who's awaiting 20 more? India or SL????

Miniace, any insider news on yesterday's attack. there were lot of buzzing yesterday and it seems to have died down now. plus if that base is such an important one for LTTE how come they didn't use/have any anti aircraft missiles or guns????

You got it (Listening to a 80's Song in year 2000 doesn't make that song 2000 Released track right?? its still called as 80's track) :rolleyes: still those were 3rd gen fighters isn't it miniace ?? but I'm not against it. i like the cheaper but effective way. and i love that birdy very much (Kfir) wonder if we can get the C10 variant. then we can chase down those tin cans. perhaps we can upgrade our C2s for C10s for better price. but i doubt it. cos its got the J79 US designed Engine. so when it comes to US, simple, US=Pricey+Conditons. and one thing mate, i think the Russians get rid of their single engined planes some time ago, if I'm not mistaken, they are using Multi role variants of Mig29. Mig29SM or SMT instead of floggers for the Ground attack role. and Indians Upgraded their Floggers cpl of years back and put up some fancy stuff like MFD's, Radars etc. and they are the only Nation who can build MIG27 from scratch (By HAL) outside Russia. Variant called "Bahadur" Bit shorter than our Version of 27M's. they are going to be slowly phased out, when the "Famous" MRCA deal finalized. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

ps: Guess this will clear things bit ;)

Edited by Ruslan

Ruslan

you can't say we use "70's technology" and generalize it like that... The production of jets might have started during those eras but the targeting systems and electronics packages we carry nowadays are in no way 70's technology like you claim...

Our jets operate after extensive surveillance via UAV's and Beech KingAir's that are packed with high-tech spy gear...

We have laser designators to paint the target before the attack jets take them on with guided munitions... The bombs itself might be old but there are fin upgrades that can be used to deliver them quite accurately and they are no longer "dumb" bombs...

Even the US use these tail upgrades to their older munitions to make them more "smarter"

For a simpler example... the US also still uses the B52's which started production in the 50's... and US is planning to keep them till 2040.....

You think they operate with 50's technology???? :action-smiley-060:

MadMax

no machan...bit of google and a lot of show off :)

Mini's seems to be the real expert since the man's profile pic was once with a flight suit on???

Edited by Ripper

Ruslan

you can't say we use "70's technology" and generalize it like that... The production of jets might have started during those eras but the targeting systems and electronics packages we carry nowadays and in no way 70's technology like you claim...

Our jet operate after extensive surveillance vis UAV's and Beech KingAir's that are packed with high-tech spy gear...

We have laser designators to paint the target before the attack jets take them on with guided munitions... The bombs itself might be old but there are fin upgrades that can be used to deliver them quite accurately and they are no longer "dumb" bombs...

Even the US used these tail upgrades to their older munitions to make them more "smarter"

For a simpler example... the US also still uses the B52's which started production in the 50's... and US is planning to keep them till 2040.....

You think they operate with 50's technology???? :action-smiley-060:

MadMax

no machan...bit of google and a lot of show off :)

Mini's seems to be the real expert since the man's profile pic was once with a flight suit on???

Well no offense mate. I'm not trying be the "Expert here". (Just a Simple IT bugger Interested in Aeronautics, that's All) and I've got nothing to show off to anybody. just said it was 3rd gen fighters that we are using and I'm happy about it (As long as it can do the job). and it's true that i've used google to gather true facts unlike jumping to conclusions saying MIG27s used in 24 Air forces around the world. :blink: what I've said is just what i found. and please note that from last post i said "Correct me if I'm wrong". i don't know why you joined this Forum if your not getting any Ideas from the Net (Google)?? well thats the whole point right my friend? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Well well lot of explanation required to beat your view on "old" technology and machine!

To start with USAF inventory, F-16,F-18 and A-10 are the USAF backbone of GA.They all were made in 70s.F117s were early 80s and B-52 are good old 50s stuff.Very simple-conclution USAF is "old"in technology!! :action-smiley-060:

About the Mig 27s we have,Im not supposed to talk much due many restrictions.But all of the are in new "life" after recnt second-life overhaul ! Especially the newly fitted PRNK-23TN GA/NAV (I can talk about this since this was given a wide publicity by the overhaul-facility and media) is state of the art and of 90s stuff.now thats the lime wire.All avionics and Com are 90s stuff.Remember these are ex-Ukranian hardware! Have you ever heard of any bomb gone off the bulls eye?? Ordnance and systems are dacades sophisticated than you day dream mate!! :rolleyes:

India got no near-future plans of phasing off 27s instead they seek-airframe extensions on 3rd M-Overhaul from HAL.

Again you are mastaken about C-10 upgrades-still got carried away by too many browses hah? :lol: Please go to a reliable website or talk to an AF guy to find out about Kfir examples we have and upgrades carried out and recent -accuires :rolleyes:

Good Luck dude!!

MINIACE

We have laser designators to paint the target before the attack jets take them on with guided munitions...

I've always wondered .... Is there a ground unit designating the target via laser on these bombing missions? Deep penetration units will have to get pretty close to the target area for this i assume (unless of course there are long range lasers) and how difficult is it to mingle among terras in such circumstances?

Anybody know anything concrete on this?

Well well lot of explanation required to beat your view on "old" technology and machine!

To start with USAF inventory, F-16,F-18 and A-10 are the USAF backbone of GA.They all were made in 70s.F117s were early 80s and B-52 are good old 50s stuff.Very simple-conclution USAF is "old"in technology!! :action-smiley-060:

About the Mig 27s we have,Im not supposed to talk much due many restrictions.But all of the are in new "life" after recnt second-life overhaul ! Especially the newly fitted PRNK-23TN GA/NAV (I can talk about this since this was given a wide publicity by the overhaul-facility and media) is state of the art and of 90s stuff.now thats the lime wire.All avionics and Com are 90s stuff.Remember these are ex-Ukranian hardware! Have you ever heard of any bomb gone off the bulls eye?? Ordnance and systems are dacades sophisticated than you day dream mate!! :rolleyes:

India got no near-future plans of phasing off 27s instead they seek-airframe extensions on 3rd M-Overhaul from HAL.

Again you are mastaken about C-10 upgrades-still got carried away by too many browses hah? :lol: Please go to a reliable website or talk to an AF guy to find out about Kfir examples we have and upgrades carried out and recent -accuires :rolleyes:

Good Luck dude!!

MINIACE

No machan you guys dont get it. im not trying to prove that old is bad and our guys using crappy technolgy or anything like that. what im saying is its great achievement that we are still using these 3rd gen fighters to counter the threat we got. whether they are being overhauled or not and whatever avionics packages they used in here. its great if they were upgraded using latest Avionics and bombs. i think u misunderstood me. :rolleyes: about the C10 upgrades, i ddint said that we got C10 variant. its just a question. asking is it possible to upgrade it to that variant? can u say anything regarding that? i think it's reliable tha finding AF guy? :)

Edited by Ruslan

Well no offense mate. I'm not trying be the "Expert here". (Just a Simple IT bugger Interested in Aeronautics, that's All) and I've got nothing to show off to anybody. just said it was 3rd gen fighters that we are using and I'm happy about it (As long as it can do the job). and it's true that i've used google to gather true facts unlike jumping to conclusions saying MIG27s used in 24 Air forces around the world. :blink: what I've said is just what i found. and please note that from last post i said "Correct me if I'm wrong". i don't know why you joined this Forum if your not getting any Ideas from the Net (Google)?? well thats the whole point right my friend? :rolleyes:

chill chill machang :)

the google thing and the show off thing was aimed at myself :)

But I don't agree with your wording "70's technology" being used to hit the tigers

chill chill machang :)

the google thing and the show off thing was aimed at myself :)

But I don't agree with your wording "70's technology" being used to hit the tigers

Peace... :rolleyes: Miniace just explained it all.. its Mixed technology afterall :jumping-smiley-013: who cares if its 70's 80's or 90's.. as long as it can deliver the bombs to Mudalali. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Ruslan

I've always wondered .... Is there a ground unit designating the target via laser on these bombing missions? Deep penetration units will have to get pretty close to the target area for this i assume (unless of course there are long range lasers) and how difficult is it to mingle among terras in such circumstances?

Anybody know anything concrete on this?

You are correct! we dont use this!

MINIACE

Ruslan

no offense mate but you initially said

"Amazing thing is Our boys using 70's technology to Beat the Crap out of Kotia."

which is defa not " im not trying to prove that old is bad." and we agree (hope Mini does too)

But we're not using 70's technology to beat the crap out of kotia and that's a fact and you were wrong :)

"the pilots have confirmed there was no anti aircraft fire directed at the jets, which suggests that Prabha wasn't in the base. Apparantly truck mounted anti aircraft guns follows Prabha where ever he goes."

Maybe this was too much of a giveaway of Velu's position and they stopped it or something to keep a lower profile due to increased DPU and SLAF activity?

I'm not saying it is but there's a possibility... And these truck mounted guns are nor necessarily huge trucks and huge guns... Most of em are jeep mounted and some guns are the same one that's found on some of their naval vessels

"I've always wondered .... Is there a ground unit designating the target via laser on these bombing missions?"

as far as i know we do have these laser designators for our DPU folks but not too sure if they are used widely due to difficulties in getting line of sight without compromising your position deep inside enemy territory trying to paint a highly secured target...

MiniAce

You still active? You into Heli's or summin? :)

No machan you guys dont get it. im not trying to prove that old is bad and our guys using crappy technolgy or anything like that. what im saying is its great achievement that we are still using these 3rd gen fighters to counter the threat we got. whether they are being overhauled or not and whatever avionics packages they used in here. its great if they were upgraded using latest Avionics and bombs. i think u misunderstood me. :rolleyes: about the C10 upgrades, i ddint said that we got C10 variant. its just a question. asking is it possible to upgrade it to that variant? can u say anything regarding that? i think it's reliable tha finding AF guy? :)

Hey dont get me wrong mates..im not trying to humiliate anyone here.Just trying to explain whats right and whats wrong.

Another fact I want to highlight loud is that the roumour -our machines are flown by mercenary pilots.Talk is that Pakistanis flying our jets....its not.Pakistan never had Kfirs or 27s.So flying that machine is impossible without three figure hour-experience on type.Its not like changine cars and driving.Type conversion of fast jets are very long and no pilot goes into action without years of previous experience on type.We had Ukranian-Instructors early 2000 for MiG27 conversions and now we instruct foreign Airforces as well!!! Had few pilots to do test flights on assembly after life-overhaul few months back on Kfirs , 27s and F7s.

No point for going into IAI,ELTA or ELBIT C10 conversions.Purely not worth.What we have is more than enough!!

Still the word is that we dont use third-generation machines or ordnance! After every M-Overhauls ,machines get new life and new recognition on generations.

MINIACE

Hey dont get me wrong mates..im not trying to humiliate anyone here.Just trying to explain whats right and whats wrong.

Another fact I want to highlight loud is that the roumour -our machines are flown by mercenary pilots.Talk is that Pakistanis flying our jets....its not.Pakistan never had Kfirs or 27s.So flying that machine is impossible without three figure hour-experience on type.Its not like changine cars and driving.Type conversion of fast jets are very long and no pilot goes into action without years of previous experience on type.We had Ukranian-Instructors early 2000 for MiG27 conversions and now we instruct foreign Airforces as well!!! Had few pilots to do test flights on assembly after life-overhaul few months back on Kfirs , 27s and F7s.

No point for going into IAI,ELTA or ELBIT C10 conversions.Purely not worth.What we have is more than enough!!

Still the word is that we dont use third-generation machines or ordnance! After every M-Overhauls ,machines get new life and new recognition on generations.

MINIACE

Thanks alot mate. maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for correcting me. your not humiliating anybody here. appreciate your inputs here. thats where forums comes in handy. :rolleyes:

Miniace,

Anything regarding MIG29s? cpl of month ago defense authorities were interested in Acquiring them. are those still in cards? i think its a good move if it happens. what do you think? :unsure:

Nice thread about SLAF

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62930

the thread starter was working with the SLAF and is US guy :)

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62930

Ruslan

IMHO...the google expertise :) I think the Mig29's are an overkill at this stage since this was all hyped up during the use of Zlins by the ltte...

Mig29 doesn't offer a huge advantage over the existing jets we have in our conflict since these are primarily air superiority fighter designed for dog fighting.

The 29 however is Marvelous machine :)

yesterday in history channel they were showing the best fighter aircrafts ever and typical US style they have avoided the 29 :angry-smiley-048:

The 29's might be a good choice if we are looking into the future as overall improvement of our fleet but to counter the Zlin threat????

Maybe we need better early warning systems, better AA fire control systems etc...

And if i'm not wrong, we didn't have night vision capability on our jets until ltte bombed us...

maybe Mini can correct by mistakes and add some more info if it's in the public domain :)

Miniace,

Anything regarding MIG29s? cpl of month ago defense authorities were interested in Acquiring them. are those still in cards? i think its a good move if it happens. what do you think? :unsure:

Still its active but parlimentary opposition is serious about the transparency of the deal isnt it?

Its not good to express my personal view on this. But evryone raises the question why we need this multi-million machine since we commisioned another squadron with new machines-dedicated for air-to air offences! Its good to accumiliate another rating on a new machine or boast around :D -that way its good :lol:

MINIACE

Miniace,

Hi Regarding the acquisition of Mig-29 govt. has decided to postpone it due to high resistance which came through the latest Mig-27 acquisition ( Some ppl blamed that those Mig-29's dial is going to be a deal like Mig-27) and the high cost which has to incur for other accessories like cost of maintenance equipment, training crafts, etc. But I think it would be better if we can have Mig-29. Even it looks very pretty. :rolleyes:

And about the 70's technology I don't agree. As others said, most of them were upgraded. That's how the things in Military technology. The designers were design those thing based on the concept of survival for about 2 or 3 decades. Specially Russians. May be the initial design is old and may be the basic machine is old but they have design it in a way that you can add new weaponry and defense systems.

The best example is T-55 tank. Still it being produced but with installed with latest weaponry and other systems. And even the older ones are capable of installing new latest weaponry. Even our army has upgraded the 140 T-55 tanks to Al-Zarar MBT.

Hears the links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-55

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55_Ope...rs_and_variants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Zarar