• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice In Buying Rubber Beedings & Alloy Wheels

hornet

Question

Hi Guys

I want to know according to your experience and know how what s the place to buy/repair rubber beedings in Sri Lanka?-hope I m using the correct wording (I m referring to the beedings which runs along the curves of the door and seats between the glass and the door).

Also who are the best dealers to go for alloy wheels/tires for a reasonable?

Sorry if I m reposting but I did a search and nothing came up which matches my query.

Thanks.

Hi Guys

I want to know according to your experience and know how what s the place to buy/repair rubber beedings in Sri Lanka?-hope I m using the correct wording (I m referring to the beedings which runs along the curves of the door and seats between the glass and the door).

Also who are the best dealers to go for alloy wheels/tires for a reasonable?

Sorry if I m reposting but I did a search and nothing came up which matches my query.

Thanks.

try Galle motors for beedings, thats the only one i know and have seen a place near delkanda but dont know much about that place...

for wheels, Amila and JJ wheels in dehiwala and there are about 3 shops in slave island which has a good collection ...

btw alloys are bit expensive now, i went to check some last week and the prices were 15" in 40K range and 14" in 30K range .... i'll get only 10K for my old alloys...

hope this helps...

Thanks Mate.

Can you tell me where the Galle motors is? (Hope the admin s won’t mind) .Have you done any work through them? Are they reliable? Do they only sell or can i get my old ones replaced from the as well?

WOW 40k for 15” that’s surely expensive. Are they brand new or reconditioned?Is it for all 04? Bet the tire prices are the same.

Edited by hornet

Any more comments?????

Machang there's an old and reliable joint down darley road named 'LP Gunaratne' for beeding works. This is adjoining the fire brigade and easy to locate. Heard they do a pretty good job. Mostly old cars are brought in here after tinkering.

If its a minor job on your ride you can also try Pala Auto (not electricals) in Delkanda. This is opposite the petrol shed near Sujatha school. Decent job they do. They also have their main branch adjoining the above LP Gunaratne's in Darley road. You can hit whatever is convenient to you.

Cheers B)

Tnx EVO_Croozer and miniace for your inputs

I ll first try PALA AUTO as its very close since I live in Pepiliyana.Still don’t know what sort of a job to do in relation to the beedings but I think it’s a minor job. Have to see.

I ll give an update tomorrow guys and once again many thanks.

Hi Guys

I went to PALA auto in delkanda but they didn’t have the beedings that my car required. Also I did a search around delkand-wijerama area but without any luck.

Guess my only option now it to check out LP Gunarathna and galle motors. By the way does any one knows where the galle motors is?

Thanks

Tnx miniace.I didnt find enough free time during the weekend so probably have a look around today.Its really hard to find beedings in here isnt it? :( by the way the web site for LP is not resolving and google wont find it either.

Edited by hornet

Bad luck guys....... :(:(:(:( Today I wnet to LP and with the greatest difficulty found some space to park infront of them(during the lunch time) just to find out that they dont have that beeding.What the guy suggested to look with Toyota company.Dont know what the outcome will be but will keep the thread updated.Wish me luck guys.........

Yes machan even I m really fed up with this.My car is a Toyota Tercel 96 model.The small beedings which runs along the groves of the door frame(the one which seats between the glass and the door frame) is damaged.When its time to wash the car water really gets into the car and its a real headache.I dont know what else to do now....

Thanks Mate.

WOW 40k for 15” that’s surely expensive. Are they brand new or reconditioned?Is it for all 04? Bet the tire prices are the same.

that 40K must be for b'new alloys machan. try buying some used alloys that are in usable and fairly good condition....they might look very old with a lot of dust and stains but a bottle of 'braso' would do the trick...i know this bc it worked well on the alloys that i bought very recently...:D

Edited by GearHead

Tnx mini,You really are a very helpful guy with lots of resources and info.

GearHead

Tnx machan for the info.If i may ask how much did it cost?From where did you buy?I heard some are talking about that old/recon alloys may get cracked or cracked alloys are being sold in the market.Is this true?If so how to detect those cracks or defected alloys?

Tnx mini,You really are a very helpful guy with lots of resources and info.

GearHead

Tnx machan for the info.If i may ask how much did it cost?From where did you buy?I heard some are talking about that old/recon alloys may get cracked or cracked alloys are being sold in the market.Is this true?If so how to detect those cracks or defected alloys?

well machan if you go to a good reputed place that sells recon alloys then they wouldn't sell you crappy ones...JJ and amila are some of the reputed places for good recons...since tubeless tires are used on these alloys check the outer edge for damages and inspect the alloys well...other members would be able to give you more info on this :)

regarding the price...actually i didnt have to pay anything machan. i got them for free from a very good friend of mine :) . However the price that he quoted in the market was 8K..those are 13"s actually....so if you go for 15"s then the price might be a lil bit higher but compared to the b'new prices it would be a bargain.... :)...

Tnx gearhead you are a lucky fellow to have such friends.if you can let me know or even mail me your friends details I might pay him a visit(now my priorities are fixng the beedings machan).As you know theses days its really hard to find good stuff so i could use a little help.

Tnx gearhead you are a lucky fellow to have such friends.if you can let me know or even mail me your friends details I might pay him a visit(now my priorities are fixng the beedings machan).As you know theses days its really hard to find good stuff so i could use a little help.

machan he doesn't sell alloys....the ones he gave me, they were from his previous car. he said that he was trying to sell them for sometime but couldn't bc of all the recon alloys that are available in the market...so gave me those for free...:D

the best place for the windscreen beadings would be the dealers machan....sometime back i was searching for a rear windscreen beading for my car but couldn't find any good stuff anywhere else other than the dealers... me too tried samarasinghe windscree house but they also didnt have it. But they have them for old cars.Bc once we wanted to get a front windscreen beading for our old nissan Datsun pickup and Samarasinghe guys had them.. :)

Edited by GearHead

Well thats bad luck once again for me GearHead but good for you.

Yes machan beeding issue seems to be a real headache.As this is not a normal type of beeding where they sell its really difficult to find.I havent tried at Toyota Lanka yet but when I do i ll keep you guys informed.