• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N 16 Sunny

welcome

as far as i know there r 2 types of N16s in SL car sales. u ave the one from japan and the one from singapore. in the singa 1 except the interior and the body everythign is done in japan, just like the ashok leyland busses. for some reason(mainly due 2 import duty) singa 1 is cheaper than the japan 1 even though it comes with leather seats. this is just my two cents better clerify this info with some other members in the forum.

may be sparco can shed some light on this since he got 1 recently for his 'gurl'. all urs mate

Hi,

Heard that " N 16 is not made in Japan".Then whre it is ?Is it reliable as FB 15 ,hows spare availability ?

If someone 'd clarify this for me ,its really appreciated .(I 'm thinking of buying one)

Tks in advance. :lol:

As far as I know N16 is made in JAPAN, and coming to Sri Lanka from Japan & S'pore. People relay on buying S'pore imported once because, thinks they're with a genuine mileage (being a small country, the miles per year is relatively lesser than in Japan) Parts availability... enough... (Even in a Mihiyangana retail shop) somebody already proved it. :lol:

but watch out with buying singapore vehicles coz they are not climatized for local conditions. not sure if this is true for all vehicles but definitely true of the cefiro.

Almost all sing cefiros develop cracks in the dash board...

but watch out with buying singapore vehicles coz they are not climatized for local conditions. not sure if this is true for all vehicles but definitely true of the cefiro.

brand new is always best :lol:

As far as I know N16 is made in JAPAN, and coming to Sri Lanka from Japan & S'pore. People relay on buying S'pore imported once because, thinks they're with a genuine mileage (being a small country, the miles per year is relatively lesser than in Japan) Parts availability... enough... (Even in a Mihiyangana retail shop) somebody already proved it. :lol:

i thought its the other wayround, even though singa is a small country u can drive over land to countries like malaysia. so the milage tend 2 be higher than the japanies 1.

not sure about the climatization bit. fuzzo wont this be a problem for japanies cars as well then?

Whats the climate diff between Singa & SL? Isn't Singa also a hot country?

the n16 which comes from singa is called sunny, and the n16 which comes from japan is called bluebird silpy or something.

the parts between bothe these cars have a miner differences. the n 16 sunny parts dont fit the bluebird and vice verca. parts r avelable for both the models, but there is a prob in the altenator and compressor in the n 16 sunny from singa. cuz ppl come askin for it alot.

not sure about the climatization bit. fuzzo wont this be a problem for japanies cars as well then?

my only claim on the climatisation issue is from my experience in cefiros.. not sure if it applies to other cars.. just thought i'll put it out for you to research on..

my only claim on the climatisation issue is from my experience in cefiros.. not sure if it applies to other cars.. just thought i'll put it out for you to research on..

yo fuzzo, im quite curious to know about your cefiro. if you wont mind me asking what exactly happened to it?

i know for a fact that if you import an europian re-con car this climatization thing can be a porblem. i was told that the freelander brought by the local agents has only 4 blow plugs(hope i got the name right) insted of 6, which has something to do with keeping the engine warm during cold weather.

i guess it goes more on the material used to make the dash rather than the actual make.. cos like as i know couple of years ago nissan mistu and some other jap maker all bought their plastic parts from one manufacturer...

but, hey, nothing as good as parking the car in the shade every now and then and using a sun visor....

:)

yo fuzzo, im quite curious to know about your cefiro. if you wont mind me asking what exactly happened to it?

it's not only my cefiro. i know of atleast 3 other sing imported cefiros that have cracks forming in their dash. the jap spec one does not have this issue. i poisted about this about a year or 2 back in the old forums. there was no solution to this issue...

i know for a fact that if you import an europian re-con car this climatization thing can be a porblem. i was told that the freelander brought by the local agents has only 4 blow plugs(hope i got the name right) insted of 6, which has something to do with keeping the engine warm during cold weather.

blow plugs? you mean glow plugs?

Hey guys!

With experioence in the automobile business, i want to share some of my comments on this..

Firstly all or most of the Nissan Cefiro's from Singapore have been reported cracks here in sri lankan as well as other countries incl. New Zealand, Carribean etc have also reported this default.. This should be blamed for the material that is used for the dash board.. N16's and Cefiro's which come from Singapore are manufactured in Japan in a different assembly line which is manuactured at a lower cost for export sale only.. Therefore they have different chassis codes to differentiate them..

But the same cars are made at a higher cost with better quality materials for domestic use in japan.. which i personally recommend that the japanese domestic cars are much better than those from singapore..

N16/nissan sunny is known for the cars that come from singapore and bluebird sylphy is imported only from japan..

blow plugs? you mean glow plugs?

sorry mate, cant remmember exactly what its called. may be it is glow plugs

Hey guys!

With experioence in the automobile business, i want to share some of my comments on this..

Firstly all or most of the Nissan Cefiro's from Singapore have been reported cracks here in sri lankan as well as other countries incl. New Zealand, Carribean etc have also reported this default.. This should be blamed for the material that is used for the dash board.. N16's and Cefiro's which come from Singapore are manufactured in Japan in a different assembly line which is manuactured at a lower cost for export sale only.. Therefore they have different chassis codes to differentiate them..

But the same cars are made at a higher cost with better quality materials for domestic use in japan.. which i personally recommend that the japanese domestic cars are much better than those from singapore..

N16/nissan sunny is known for the cars that come from singapore and bluebird sylphy is imported only from japan..

thanks for the info. good stuff.

Man, why can't there cursed buggers standardise their names across the globe? Stupid asses.

OK a bit of digging around on the wiki.

N16 Pulsar 4 door version is what they call the Nissan Bluebird Sylphy in Japan.

In the Philippines and the Taiwan, the Bluebird Sylphy is sold as the Nissan Sentra. In New Zealand and Thailand, the five-door Pulsar is imported from the UK, while the four-door model is essentially a rebadged Bluebird Sylphy. Consequently, each body style has a different front end. In Thailand and the China, the N16 Bluebird Sylphy is sold as the Nissan Sunny. ( I assume that covers singapore?)

In Japan, the Nissan Tiida and Tiida Latio sedan replaced the Pulsar in 2004

Them Tiida Latios are here in SL as well. Saw one in Rajagiriya. Anybody know anything about it? Opinions on it?

There are a few 70's model Sunny's I've seen in the USA. They look much like the old Datsun's in SL, probably they're the (then) asian market model of that. The "Doctor" Sunny and the model that came out after that go as the Sentra here. I believe the 2004 n16 which comes to SL and its predecessor were originally designed for the Saudi market, they were available there.

http://www.nissan.com.sa/english/vehicles/sunny/index.htm

I drive an N16, the rides good n comfy. Only drwbacks had to change the Air Sensor, cos the car was idling when stopped, and thieves stealing the f**king signal lights... :angry-smiley-048: other than that vrythings good.. Oh n the singapore leather seats have to be treated wit care, cos they seem to crack...

In Japan, the Nissan Tiida and Tiida Latio sedan replaced the Pulsar in 2004

Them Tiida Latios are here in SL as well. Saw one in Rajagiriya. Anybody know anything about it? Opinions on it?

I've seen 3-4 Tiida's recently. I personally don't like the styling of the car... What has happened to all the low ground Fat short modles... all the upcoming cars are tall and thin... :P

The Nissan Tiida is a compact automobile manufactured by Nissan, replacing both the long-running Pulsar and the Sunny models in its home market from September 30, 2004. The range consists of a five-door hatchback and a four-door sedan called the Nissan Tiida Latio. The Tiida is not based on the Renault Mégane's Nissan C platform, but rather the Nissan B platform with the wheelbase stretched.

Its styling was previewed with the Nissan C-Note show car a year before its launch. The models are characterized by being quite tall, a trend that resurfaced in the late 1990s. It is thought that while the Tiida would be exported to many markets, Europe may get niche vehicles based off its platform instead. In Canada and the United States only, it will be called the Versa. North and South America version of the Tiida will use a 1.8L DOHC engine. The Americas version will be assembled at Nissan's Aguascalientes, Mexico Assembly Plant.

The Tiida is produced for the Chinese market by the Dongfeng Motor Company, a joint venture with Nissan.

Actress Kim Cattrall, from Sex & the City, endorsed the Tiida in a series of advertisements for the Australian market that marked the nadir of the method of advertising known as "stiff" competition.

Tokyo -- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., today announced the domestic launch of the all-new Tiida hatchback, which offers the characteristics of a luxury-class sedan at the price and size of a compact.

Highlights of the new Nissan Tiida:

A premium-quality interior with available next-generation CARWINGS

Interior length equal to the Cima luxury sedan

First application of all-new 1.5-liter HR engine

Certified as Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (SU-LEV)

Premium-quality interior

The Tiida offers a premium-quality interior that exceeds expectations for cars of this class by making extensive use of soft materials that are combined to create an impression of luxury, without detracting from the unique texture of each material. Special care was given to the selection of high-quality seat fabrics and the quality of the stitching. Attention was also paid to tactile surfaces and softness in the instrument panel padding, door trim fabric and Tricot mesh headliner. The door and console armrests also feature soft-feel materials.

The Tiida is the first model to be fitted with NissanÕs next-generation CARWINGS navigation system, which offers fastest-route search capability. This function uses past statistical traffic data and real-time VICS (Vehicle Information and Communication System) data obtained via Nissan's CARWINGS telematics service to find the fastest route to a driver's destination. A next-generation DVD-based TV/navigation system compatible with CARWINGS that incorporates Bluetooth-enabled hands-free functionality is also available as an option. Starting Oct. 1, operator-based CARWINGS services will be available 24 hours every day of the year, and all CARWINGS services will be offered free of charge for three years from the sign-up date.

Interior roominess

The Tiida has an interior length, measured from the accelerator to the rear seat hip point, which is on par with the Cima luxury sedan.

The Tiida also features flexible rear seats that slide up to 240 mm. With the rear seats moved all the way back, the luggage area has a capacity of 289 liters (VDA). Sliding the rear seats forward 240 mm increases the capacity by more than 1.5 times to 463 liters.

First application of all-new 1.5 liter HR engine

The Tiida is fitted with the newly developed all-aluminum 1.5-liter HR engine. This advanced, in-line four-cylinder multi-valve engine offers improved fuel economy and acceleration when compared with previous engines of its size. The new all-aluminum HR15DE engine is a front intake/rear exhaust type. Steps were taken to reduce friction, improve thermal efficiency and boost charging efficiency, among other improvements, enabling the engine to deliver greater torque at low to medium speeds, operate more quietly and reduce fuel consumption.

A Tiida model fitted with a newly developed 1.8-liter inline four-cylinder engine will be released in early 2005.

The 15M and 15G models are fitted with Nissan's XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) that provides quick vehicle response, smooth acceleration and improved fuel economy. The 15S and all e-4WD models are fitted with the proven E-ATx 4-speed automatic transmission.

The Tiida also features a suspension system derived from the specifications of high-end cars. A strut suspension system is used at the front, and an H-shaped torsion beam suspension is adopted at the rear. The suspension system incorporates internal rebound springs, ripple-control shock absorbers and other features normally found on high-end cars, enabling the Tiida to provide outstanding handling and stability combined with supple ride comfort.

The hardware is enclosed in a dynamic body form that achieves superior aerodynamics on a par with a sports car. With a low 0.29 drag coefficient (Cd) and zero body lift at the front, the Tiida also ranks among the best in its class in terms of aerodynamics. The result is that the Tiida delivers comfortable and enjoyable driving at all times, from everyday trips to expressway cruising and traveling on upland roads.

Certified as SU-LEV

The Tiida is certified as a SU-LEV because it emits 75% fewer emissions than the levels required by Japan's 2005 exhaust emission regulations. In addition, the Tiida's fuel economy ranks among the best in its class. Over 40 technical measures were adopted for improving fuel economy, resulting in an average improvement in practical fuel economy of more than 20% as measured under real-world driving conditions. The 2WD models are certified as achieving Japan's 2010 fuel economy standards plus an additional 5%, and the 4WD models are certified as achieving the 2010 standards. Because of this certification, both the 2WD and the 4WD models qualify for tax reductions under the Green Tax program in Japan.

Other details of the Tiida:

Safety equipment

The Tiida comes with a high level of standard safety equipment, including front-seat Active Head Restraints and dual SRS airbag systems for the driver and front passenger.

Origin of the Tiida name

The TiidaÕs name was coined from the English word Òtide,Ó referring to the ebb and flow of the ocean. In Okinawan, the language spoken on JapanÕs southern-most island, the word means "the sun.