Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Supra_Natural

Music To Drive By

Recommended Posts

Yeh a huge fan..

9 pm Till I Come by ATB was out of this world at that time. I remember i was in 9th or 10th grade when i first heard the song. Still love it.

Nothing good came out of ATB in recent years though.

"Children" another favorite. Still remember the video. First saw it on MTV which was broadcast on TNL..

If you really love Trance, you've got to listen to "Paul van Dyk, Tiesto(Prior to 2013), Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond & Ali & Fila.. Their sets are freakin awesome. I regularly Listen to "A State of Trance, Trance Around the World, Future sound of Egypt & Orchestrance shows.

And there are many more artists around there (mostly Dutch & German) who produce amazing tunes. If you like Arabic melodies, there's this relatively new guy named "Ahmed Romel" who is also amazing.

BTW this new EDM genre is mostly crap.

Should listen to what you've suggested here.

It feels like some parts of our brain open up, when I listen to this kind of music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should listen to what you've suggested here. It feels like some parts of our brain open up, when I listen to this kind of music.

Yes thats why its called Trance music. Not may knows how to enjoy it. And when you does, you are opened up to a whole new dimension.

Back in the day no one knew what Trance music is. I started to listen to trance when i was around 15 years old. The only place I could get some tunes recorded to a cassette tape was at "The Gas Station" which was located in the Nawala Junction. And some I got shipped down from Italy & Germany thanks to two of my cousins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sia - Unstoppable

Good for spirited driving :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sia- Cheap thrills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2016 at 10:09 PM, PreseaLover said:

Any INXS fan's in the forum?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

 

hammaaaaaaaa you are an INXS fan??? :D we will get along really well then :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this thread sure brings back some memories... So much so that I just made a playlist with my original 17 songs on the phone to use for the weekend morning thrash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Man this thread sure brings back some memories... So much so that I just made a playlist with my original 17 songs on the phone to use for the weekend morning thrash.

Yes, but a few people have lost the plot. Its songs to drive to, not just people's favourite songs. Or even songs played on the radio while driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2016 at 4:36 AM, PreseaLover said:

hammaaaaaaaa you are an INXS fan??? :D we will get along really well then :D

Cheers bro!  :D

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following this thread closely, but I never got the chance to respond.

I have a soft spot for music from the 80s and 90s. Back when music was simple, yet most songs had a meaning that made the hairs on the back of your necks stand up when you listen to them. Call me old, but only a few modern songs makes me feel that way. :music-smiley-004:

As a kid, I remember listening to UB40, Jimmy Cliff, Bob Marley, Bee Gees, Boney M, ABBA etc. a lot while riding on the back seat of my father's 4 Sri Volkswagen Beetle. Whenever I hear a song like Kingston Town, it takes me back to moments in the past. Being overseas and away from home, the nostalgia is overwhelming sometimes. So for me, there is no great feeling like taking the car out for a spin while listening to some good old 80s music. 

I've been filtering out 80s songs for a couple of weeks now and building a Spotify playlist with my favourites. This is what I have so far. I plug my phone into the car, turn up the volume and drive to these tunes. I often catch myself taking a longer route to the destination, just because I want to listen to that next song! :)

80s Songs.JPG

Let me know if you guys can think of anything else that I can add to this list. Ones that are not too slow to make you fall asleep on the wheel. :D 

I'll share my other car playlists when time permits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Davy said:

I have been following this thread closely, but I never got the chance to respond.

I have a soft spot for music from the 80s and 90s. Back when music was simple, yet most songs had a meaning that made the hairs on the back of your necks stand up when you listen to them. Call me old, but only a few modern songs makes me feel that way. :music-smiley-004:

As a kid, I remember listening to UB40, Jimmy Cliff, Bob Marley, Bee Gees, Boney M, ABBA etc. a lot while riding on the back seat of my father's 4 Sri Volkswagen Beetle. Whenever I hear a song like Kingston Town, it takes me back to moments in the past. Being overseas and away from home, the nostalgia is overwhelming sometimes. So for me, there is no great feeling like taking the car out for a spin while listening to some good old 80s music. 

I've been filtering out 80s songs for a couple of weeks now and building a Spotify playlist with my favourites. This is what I have so far. I plug my phone into the car, turn up the volume and drive to these tunes. I often catch myself taking a longer route to the destination, just because I want to listen to that next song! :)

80s Songs.JPG

Let me know if you guys can think of anything else that I can add to this list. Ones that are not too slow to make you fall asleep on the wheel. :D 

I'll share my other car playlists when time permits. 

Damn, these songs are in my play list too... adding a few for your playlist;

1. I guess that's why they call it the blues - Elton John

2. Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx

3. When you love a woman - Journey

4. Radio Gaga - Queen

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Human Touch - Bruce Springsteen

7. Don't you forget about me - Simple Minds

8. Forever for you - Hall and Oates

 

These are the one's that comes to my wind which goes closely with your playlist :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2016 at 0:51 PM, PreseaLover said:

Damn, these songs are in my play list too... adding a few for your playlist;

1. I guess that's why they call it the blues - Elton John

2. Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx

3. When you love a woman - Journey

4. Radio Gaga - Queen

5. Purple Rain - Prince

6. Human Touch - Bruce Springsteen

7. Don't you forget about me - Simple Minds

8. Forever for you - Hall and Oates

 

These are the one's that comes to my wind which goes closely with your playlist :)

Added a couple of these to my playlist. Thanks PL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love both of these songs!

 

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2008 at 6:17 PM, Bugatti said:

interesting thread.... I just began to burn a CD with your list.

And a few more to add on:

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Joy Ride - Roxette

It's a Kind of Magic - Queen

Funky Town - Lipps Inc.

One Headlight - Wall Flowers

Drive - Ziggy Marley

Let''s hope you find a road long enough too enjoy it.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, Twin Turbo said:

Cheers bro!  :D

TT.

Love the 80's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone has a collection of 90's EuroDance music? I have but I want to expand my collection.. 90's eurodance is best when it comes to driving.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×