• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Music To Drive By

Supra_Natural

this is my list :D

Old School Rock

01. All along the watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

02. Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf

03. Paint It Black - Rolling Stones

04. Sultan Of Swing - Dire Straits

05. Wild world - Cat Stevens

Hip Hop

01. Dear Mama - 2 Pac

02. Gin And Juice - Snoop Doggy Dogg

03. All eayz on Me - 2 Pac

04. Nuthin' But A G Thang - Dr Dre

05. Jump around - House Of Pain

All time favorite

01. Guerrila Radio - Rage Against The Machine

02. Dig - Mudwayne

03. Back To The Primitive - Soulfly

04. Firestarter - The Prodigy

05. People Shit- Slipknot

06. 45 - Shinedown

07. Running Blind - God Smack

08. I am so sick - Fly Leaf

09. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers

10. What I Always Wanted - Kittie

Edited by dillongt

in addition to the already mentioned

Limp Bizkit, Snoop - Red Light, Green Light

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

The Cars - Let's Go

Van Halen - Panama

Rap Possie - Fast Car

Beenie Man - (Sim Sima) Who Am I

Judas Priest - Hellrider

Judas Priest - Turbo Lover

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

Now for that P2P...

Oh, forgot. Still need to put it on a CD for the car, but

Rihanna - Shut up and drive.

I end up listening to Real FM (they tend to reapeat some songs a bit too often though) since of late and switch between the pop channels.

Haven't got around to installing the full range radio as yet so stuck with the channels up to 90 FM most of the time.

I go with any thing from Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams or any 'Wild Fire'ish to anything popular (RnB, Hip hop, Jazz, Classical).

WOAH, a marilyn manson fan.. you like the rest of it on just this one?

I love the verve too, and that whole genre... matchbox 20, blur, bush...

and alomst forgot the all time fav (well top 3) - runaway train by soul asylum

:git:

Not really a Manson fan Arc, he (or it) is a bit too diabolical for me :D but I like this cover of the Eurythmics song. My favourites are somewhat similar to yours - Radiohead (all time fav), Muse, Massive Attack..... that kind of stuff. As for metal I think one of the best bands are Led Zepplin which I 'discovered' only about two years ago after buying their "Best of" Twin CD!

I'm also a big fan of Lennon; but it's hardly driving music.

It seems that none of you listen to hip-hop, and I'll bet its because you don't take it seriously enough.

i think there another reason, lot of people tend to brand people who listen to hiphop and RnB as black wannabes. not that i complain as lot of brown boy Asians do try very hard to be and act as if they are black lol :action-smiley-060:

Hey guys how come I missed this thread ?? :wild:

Well generally depending on the mood & atmosphere I shift between various types. But to be within Supra's guidelines my list would be as follows: More or less these are some of my all time fav's :

Scorpions

Always Somewhere

Send me an angel

Under the same sun

Hurricane 2000

Still loving you

(& of course all the tracks of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra version as Devinda mentioned)

Eric Clapton

Cocaine

Layla

When a blind man cries (feat Carlos Santana)

Knocking on heavens door (Eric Clapton versions)

I shot the sheriff (Eric Clapton versions)

Bad Company

Shooting Star

Feel like making love

Ready for love

Whiskey Bottle

Bonjovi (The unplugged acoustic versions)

Diamond Ring

Wanted dead or alive

Its my life

Guns N Roses (The unplugged acoustic versions)

Civil War

Don't Cry

Patience

CCR

I put a spell on you

Proud Mary

Deep Purple

Child in time

Smoke on the water

Joe Cocker

Woman to woman

A little help from my friends

Please don't let me be misunderstood

Feeling Alright

Jhonny Lang

Lie to me

Match box

Rack 'em up

Joan Osborne

One of us

Lets just get naked

Lumina

Crazy baby

Guess I ended up listing too many to fit into a CD ah B)

(Should excuse me for my varying preference)

Nice thread Supra.

Cheers

EC

For me.. i'm huge fan of 80's music. but sadly you cant listen to those music while you're driving colombo.. (Amidst Leyland buses :angry-smiley-048: ) so while im driving around colombo i used to listen heavy metal stuff.. when driving outstation 80's, Alternative Rock etc would do.. :rolleyes:

very interesting topic supra...

i love my music and my playlist revolves around rock... hard, classic, indie, industrial and metal though i make allowances for tracks from any other genres that catch my attention... very impressed with most of the playlists listed on this thread...

WOAH, a marilyn manson fan.. you like the rest of it on just this one?

actually i have most of his albums and have seen him perform live :D

Agree. Which is why I have Bond and Vanessa Mae in my CD case :)

infact i have bond's first album and vanessa mae's storm in my pile...

ah so my playlist is as follows (though i listen to metallica, marilyn manson and velvet revolver by the album:)):

deftones - change

bon jovi - in these arms

the cult - bridges burn

the cult - painted on my heart

the foo fighters - best of you

AC/DC - squealer

AC/DC - you shook me all night along

alice cooper - poison

22-20's - shoot your gun (highly recommended to those who like indie)

audioslave - cochise

bush - mouth

chevelle - vitamin R

chevelle - closure

dexter freebish - twilight

duran duran - come undone

finger eleven - slow chemical

firehouse - perfect world

foreigner - hot blooded

gnr - civil war

gnr - paradise city

gnr - november rain

u2 - pride

queens of the stone age - go with the flow

REM - losing my religion

ok i give up... i have too many to name and it would probably take me a lifetime to do so... sigh lol...

Guys, some great songs and must say I have enjoyed a fair few in the past in my private world that used to be my car!

One regret,

How come none of you guys in Sl listen to any Sinhalese songs- I enjoy a lot of Sinhalese songs in my car and I know several people in the UK the same as me-I have a whole collection from Chandimal Fernando-Fantastic, Darmaratne Brothers-takes me back to the 70'S?? C.T. Fernando-I can sing most of these in the privacy of my car as badly as I do and not get booed, Latha Walpola-Sing them Too!-

I prefer the uplifting baila and the up beat stuff rather than the more serious Amaredeva!

Why??? You ask

Nostalgia and the need to be part of something we no longer are???????

You need to try my wife's car radio-always blaring out some baila or ther inc.Mohideen beig! And my 5 year old daughter sings them too!

Any suggestion on some Sinhalese Tracks for an up lifting driving experience-Guys please!

Maithri.

How come none of you guys in Sl listen to any Sinhalese songs

C.T. Fernando-I can sing most of these in the privacy of my car as badly as I do and not get booed

duely noted

i will confess to being a big C.T Fernando fan :) the Vanabambaroo album is quite a favourite...

but the lack of Singhalese tracks as a whole on the lists could quite possibly be the fact that they aren't really percieved to be "driving songs",as per the theme of the thread...

Guys, some great songs and must say I have enjoyed a fair few in the past in my private world that used to be my car!

One regret,

How come none of you guys in Sl listen to any Sinhalese songs- I enjoy a lot of Sinhalese songs in my car and I know several people in the UK the same as me-I have a whole collection from Chandimal Fernando-Fantastic, Darmaratne Brothers-takes me back to the 70'S?? C.T. Fernando-I can sing most of these in the privacy of my car as badly as I do and not get booed, Latha Walpola-Sing them Too!-

I prefer the uplifting baila and the up beat stuff rather than the more serious Amaredeva!

Why??? You ask

Nostalgia and the need to be part of something we no longer are???????

You need to try my wife's car radio-always blaring out some baila or ther inc.Mohideen beig! And my 5 year old daughter sings them too!

Any suggestion on some Sinhalese Tracks for an up lifting driving experience-Guys please!

Maithri.

Good point Maithri. Actually I grew up in an English speaking environment (in the end I guess it was the better move as we had to study everything in Sinhalese) and it was ALWAYS English channels on our radio. However I do like to get a dose of Sinhala music occasssionally. In fact while my ipod on the car is chock full with 80s stuff my CD changer has 3 Singhala CDs. One is the Best of Clearence (I think he's very cool) and the other two are Baila albums by Desmond De Silva. I find the Baila is very soothing when you have a rough day swearing filth, staring daggers and emitting poison at 3 wheelers and bus drivers all day. The humour in baila can lift my mood up quickly.

Btw a bit OT but do you guys think that Sinhala music has evolved enough over the years? I am not qualified to comment but my feeling is that things have started changing only since about 5 years ago? Which is another reason that I am not really turned on by it enough. I feel we've have been sitting in the same place for too long...yes, no!?

Good point Maithri. Actually I grew up in an English speaking environment (in the end I guess it was the better move as we had to study everything in Sinhalese) and it was ALWAYS English channels on our radio. However I do like to get a dose of Sinhala music occasssionally. In fact while my ipod on the car is chock full with 80s stuff my CD changer has 3 Singhala CDs. One is the Best of Clearence (I think he's very cool) and the other two are Baila albums by Desmond De Silva. I find the Baila is very soothing when you have a rough day swearing filth, staring daggers and emitting poison at 3 wheelers and bus drivers all day. The humour in baila can lift my mood up quickly.

same as you bro, english environment, sinhalese medium in school. however, those big match days gave me a good feel and knowlege of baila and the songs with the more colourful language :-)

Was posted in Badulla for a couple of years, and the only english song I could here was "shaa FM's paye' ingirisi geethaya'. listened to a lot of sinhala music during that period, and I must say, It kinda grew on me. Especially the older ones...

Edited by Arc Angel

Nice topic! Thanks!

Im kinda different I feel.My music changes with my moods.Anything except hard rock turns me.My pack always got,one or more Enigma & Deep Forest CDs.Got the full collection of Enigma & Deep Forest releases.

What I listen today is an 80s collection-The evergreen Collection #9

Miami Vice-Jan Hammer

Sultan of swing-Dire Straits

Tonight Tonight Tonight-Genesis

Its No Good-Depache Mode

Get A life-Soul II Soul

Im Not The Man I Used To be-Fine Young Cannibals

Shattered Dreams-Jhonny Hates Jazz

Better Love-London Beat

Africa-Toto

Look-Ext Version-Roxette

Connected-Stero MC

Come undone-Duran Duran

Whats the frequency kenneth-REM

Lovely Day-Soul System

Body-Jacksons

Star-Simply Red

Unbelievable-EMF

Axel F

Im having this CD for many years.

Got the latest collection of IRAJ ,The funny collection MP3 of Weird Al Yankovich (this turns on nicely) ,Original sountrack combi of Few dollers and good and the bad...and the Mod Goviya of Jayasree inside my changer now.

MINIACE

Nice topic! Thanks!

Im kinda different I feel.My music changes with my moods.Anything except hard rock turns me.My pack always got,one or more Enigma & Deep Forest CDs.Got the full collection of Enigma & Deep Forest releases.

Miami Vice-Jan Hammer

Its No Good-Depache Mode

Get A life-Soul II Soul

Better Love-London Beat

Africa-Toto

Look-Ext Version-Roxette

Connected-Stero MC

Come undone-Duran Duran

Lovely Day-Soul System

Body-Jacksons

Star-Simply Red

Unbelievable-EMF

Axel F

Got the latest collection of IRAJ ,The funny collection MP3 of Weird Al Yankovich (this turns on nicely) ,Original sountrack combi of Few dollers and good and the bad...and the Mod Goviya of Jayasree inside my changer now.

MINIACE

Good collection MiniAce. Reminds me of many forgotten songs and artists.

I like Depech Mode and Duran Duran!

Im sure everyone here sometimes feels the need to "break free" for a bit right? I dunno about you guys but the way i do it is to hop in my car and take a nice drive..... and obviously, one important component is the right music, which brings us to the thread... Assuming you wanted to take a DRIVE, anywhere.. be it an early sunday morning blast around colombo, or a late night trip to the hills, if you could burn a single audio disc (im purposely making the limit here), what are those 15 or 20 songs gonna be?

Top Gear did a feature on "greatest driving songs ever" a while back if you remember, and i agree with most of their choices..... but i wondered what the options would be if it was, say a CD of Driving music... well I thought about it, and here's My Playlist of the songs that IMO would be perfect for a proper Driver+Car+road kinda thrash.....

Feel Free to Add, Agree/Disagree, or create your own list.... and i apologize if some appear obscure.... i have weird taste :)

Great thread Bro.... this prompted me to think...... how'bout another list to help us cool down the frustration in good ole colombo traffic? My personal fav in this situ are country music / slow rock / 70's sinhala songs..... :party-smiley-019:

...a touch O/T but an interesting bit of trivia : DURAN DURAN was actually in Sri Lankan! :o The music video for their Hit "Save a prayer for me now" was filmed here in 1982 & features a host of locations all across the island...

quite a nice video this..worth watching

the song its self wasnt half bad either - managed to hit number 2 on the charts supposedly,beaten out by the hit song 'Eye of the Tiger' from the 'Rocky' soundtrack..

Good collection MiniAce. Reminds me of many forgotten songs and artists.

Yeah I got a heavy collection of 80s and 90s stuff.More than 3500 I guess.You name ...it i have it (willing to share as well :) ).Thanks to my great buddy Dirk, my dream collection is a reality now.He gave me a good collection.

MINIACE

...a touch O/T but an interesting bit of trivia : DURAN DURAN was actually in Sri Lankan! :o The music video for their Hit "Save a prayer for me now" was filmed here in 1982 & features a host of locations all across the island...

the song its self wasnt half bad either - managed to hit number 2 on the charts supposedly,beaten out by the hit song 'Eye of the Tiger' from the 'Rocky' soundtrack..

Yes we were in school when this happend and "Save a Prayer" became our class' favourite song for months as we saw the Durans jamming on top of Sigiriya!

Heh heh "Eye of the Tiger" kept it out of the top spot. No doubt help by that other 80s minimal speech icon with a crooked mouth - Sly Stallone.

aah dint know this...thanks for sharing mate :)

Nice topic! Thanks!

Miami Vice-Jan Hammer

Its No Good-Depache Mode

Get A life-Soul II Soul

Better Love-London Beat

Africa-Toto

Look-Ext Version-Roxette

Connected-Stero MC

Come undone-Duran Duran

Lovely Day-Soul System

Body-Jacksons

Star-Simply Red

Unbelievable-EMF

Axel F

MINIACE

wow so many fans of the bygone eras :)

I have about 90% of your listed songs in my most played list on Itunes :)

must get it onto a cd :)

I've been a slave for these portable mp3 player thing :)

why don't you get on of those usb/mp3 player compatible head units. saves you a heck of a lot of time. and no cd's on the floor, glove box, boot etc... :-)

Any song gone missing...consult me :D will get you!

I bought a port-MP3 gadget and fully mobile with music now ;)

MINIACE

Any song gone missing...consult me :D will get you!

I bought a port-MP3 gadget and fully mobile with music now ;)

MINIACE

heh heh..that's the in thing brother...

be anti-social and plug your ipod and venture into your own little world :)

some get annoyed to see me all wired up all the time...but it's all good :) at least for me :)

thanks for the offer mate...will fire you an email if in need of some musical satisfaction

cheers

Ripper