• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Music To Drive By

Supra_Natural

I kinda like to play sound tracks instead of songs with vocals... New Age music mainly.

Enigma, Enya, kitaro,yanni...

Any one who is interested ?

Yes yes yes :) Enigma and Enya are my favourites too :)

Let me sail let me sail let the orinoco flow ;)

I like Dreamtheater too because they have some good sounds tracks too like "OCTAVARIUM" which is 24 minutes long and "Funeral for a friend"... try these out if you havent heard... but mind you, not the entire song is sounds, the screaming vocals comes at the end....

I like Supra's and Pericles selections..... Here is my list :)

No Surrender - Bruce Springsteen
Human Touch - bruce springsteen
Mofo - U2
do you feel loved - U2
Beautiful Day - U2
Zoo Station - U2
I drove all night - cyndi lauper/celine dion
Born to be wild - steppanwolf
dude looks like a lady - aerosmith
self control - laura branigan
your decision - alice in chains
more than a feeling - boston
hide - creed
even flow- pearl jam
what is love - haddaway
disappear - INXS
Ray of light - madonna
Like a virgin - Madonna
Moonlight shadow - maggie reilly
Everything I planned - MLTR
Colombia - Oasis
Slide Away - Oasis
Build me up, break me down - Dream Theatre
Always on my mind - Pet Shop Boys
Missisipi - Pussycat
Joy Ride - Roxette
Don't you forget about me - Simple Minds
Summer Rain - Belinda Carlisle
Thunderstruck - ACDC

Quite old school. I like the ones of the list I know, but I'm not sure I would put a few of them under "driving music". Not that I think its unsuitable to have on while driving, but there is no driving feeling.

Hmmm interesting....

"Music to drive by" ~ I’m going to have to go with my Six cylinders up front and the quad pipes at the back! laugh.gif 7,ooo revs with the top down on a narrow road as the sun sets... - music whilst driving doesn't get much better than that for moi :-)

I’m a firm believer in listening to the engine!

How about these days, Dev? :D

QUOTE(JadeyBlitzen @ Mar 4 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MATE!!! SHE'S FIT!!!

Naturally. Shes a professional runway model too.

QUOTE(JadeyBlitzen @ Mar 4 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn! i just added her on fb! better get rid of it then tongue.gif

Don't think they'd mind. The entire fan club is likely to try to add her. Lots of them keep a separate profile for fans and another one for family and proper friends.

QUOTE(Kavvz @ Mar 4 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She is? Really? Ado! -that's tragic. She's like the only good looking Sri Lankan artiste out there (across all mediums English, Sinhalese, Tamil as well as fusion). Not a huge fan of this song though, sounds a bit, well over produced. She should have just stuck to something simple and soulful like the video
Her live cover's are usually way better.

Not the only one. Personally, think she uses too much make up, but thats her business.

QUOTE(Kavvz @ Mar 4 2009, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She is? Really? Ado! -that's tragic. She's like the only good looking Sri Lankan artiste out there (across all mediums English, Sinhalese, Tamil as well as fusion). Not a huge fan of this song though, sounds a bit, well over produced. She should have just stuck to something simple and soulful like the video

true...

but that song/hymn is a classic!

my mental association with that song is from Sister Act 2 where Lauryn Hill sits at the piano whilst singing that...

very powerful lyrics inspired by the scriptures

QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Mar 4 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it isn't music to drive by , but came across the link reading through status updates on the FB newsfeed - Local artiste so thought you blokes might like a listen

Been getting a lotta airplay on yesFM recently, I like it, but I think a little PCD effect could improve it. The song, not the vid. I'll watch that at home.

QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Mar 3 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she's also married! tongue.gif

oh! and the lyrics are of a cheesy gangsta sort. not award winning stuff. she's got a great voice though
QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Mar 4 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

trust you to ignore the audio and go for the visuals! laugh.gif

damn! i just added her on fb! better get rid of it then tongue.gif

QUOTE(JadeyBlitzen @ Mar 4 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MATE!!! SHE'S FIT!!!

trust you to ignore the audio and go for the visuals! laugh.gif

MATE!!! SHE'S FIT!!!
well it isn't music to drive by , but came across the link reading through status updates on the FB newsfeed - Local artiste so thought you blokes might like a listen

Im wondering how she got rid of that acne, pimple scars. Shes hot now .Thanks Dev for the link.

MINIACE

Ah, ha ha ha ha! Old time conversations and opinions.... Such fun :D

QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Mar 3 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be lucky to be in something which actually has a ICE of any description :(

These days it's mostly 1 cylinder 2 strokes i have to make do with :'(

I'd be lucky to be in something which actually has a ICE of any description :(

These days it's mostly 1 cylinder 2 strokes i have to make do with :'(

Huh? What gives? 1 cylinder 1 strokes? As in bikes? Or did you go electric as in a Leaf or a Model S?

lol !! Thanks Pericles! Was a big fan / admirer of Natasha back in the day but strangely that's cooled now. I do still admire her for her drive and passion in what is sometimes a hostile work environment / industry though. Very cool that she's lasted so long and is actually doing quite well in her field. Kudos to the girl.

Yes yes yes :) Enigma and Enya are my favourites too :)

Let me sail let me sail let the orinoco flow ;)

I like Dreamtheater too because they have some good sounds tracks too like "OCTAVARIUM" which is 24 minutes long and "Funeral for a friend"... try these out if you havent heard... but mind you, not the entire song is sounds, the screaming vocals comes at the end....

and wild child, only time of enya... sadness, MMX, gravity of love, same parents, morphing thru time, SAC, deep forest, principles of love of enigma.

heck, once a guy ( the person who fitted the sound system ) asked me whether I'm taking any pills for feelings after listening to enigma collection. :sad-smiley-066::sad-smiley-066:

these songs so addictive..

and wild child, only time of enya... sadness, MMX, gravity of love, same parents, morphing thru time, SAC, deep forest, principles of love of enigma.

heck, once a guy ( the person who fitted the sound system ) asked me whether I'm taking any pills for feelings after listening to enigma collection. :sad-smiley-066::sad-smiley-066:

these songs so addictive..

Yeah I know sadness is one of my favourites...

Do you listen to LANA DEL REY?

I find Lana's songs very touching and soothing... I'm sure one day she is going to be the new age queen of music like Madonna...

However i don't listen to her while driving as her songs are not getting along while driving but she is a real bomb...

Yeah I know sadness is one of my favourites...

Do you listen to LANA DEL REY?

I find Lana's songs very touching and soothing... I'm sure one day she is going to be the new age queen of music like Madonna...

However i don't listen to her while driving as her songs are not getting along while driving but she is a real bomb...

heck she is nice. gotta download some. anyhow is she from new age genre ? wiki doesn't say so

heck she is nice. gotta download some. anyhow is she from new age genre ? wiki doesn't say so

She officially started from 2010... her genre is very different... most of her songs consist of music ranging from the 60's opera music... most of the songs she writes are heart breaking... once a guy was about to commit suicide and after listening to her songs he decided to live...

lol !! Thanks Pericles! Was a big fan / admirer of Natasha back in the day but strangely that's cooled now. I do still admire her for her drive and passion in what is sometimes a hostile work environment / industry though. Very cool that she's lasted so long and is actually doing quite well in her field. Kudos to the girl.

She's been teasing a new single on social media for a few weeks now. Should be out soon :)

Huh? What gives? 1 cylinder 1 strokes? As in bikes? Or did you go electric as in a Leaf or a Model S?

Oh no....Its much MUCH worse...Three wheelers! :lol:

But not to worry we're doing our best to rectify the issue ASAP.

btw any U2 fans in the forum?

Yup one here.Or atleast I like their pre 2000 work with The Joshua Tree being my most favorite album of all time...I think VVti is a massive fan too.

Yup one here.Or atleast I like their pre 2000 work with The Joshua Tree being my most favorite album of all time...I think VVti is a massive fan too.

two U2 fans hooooraaaaaaayyyy :D

I love the Joshua Tree... I even have a Joshua Tree/U2 Tattoo in my arm... and I love the Achtung Baby album too.... the most I listen to is the POP album when I drive... I like the albums they did before 2005... their latest songs aren't talking to me much though...

Nice to know more fellow U2 lovers :)

You. me and VVTI should have a drink :D I've been searching for more U2 fans in this country and couldnt find many... sigh

Oh no....Its much MUCH worse...Three wheelers! :lol:

But not to worry we're doing our best to rectify the issue ASAP.

No kidding? I read some place that three wheelers are now to be assembled in Sri Lanka, and figured it was an interesting business model; at-least one that seemed more promising than assembling Chinese cars in SL! Little did I know our very own Devinda_Z is in the thick of things! :D

Edited by Kavvz

Haha good times. btw how was puddle of mudd? I think I saw you outside Water's edge

I was there :)

Lip sync issues. But then, I'm not a huge fan of POM and I did go to support the local gigs too, so overall... Well, the event was pretty good, almost a fun fair with a main stage and multiple acts. Weather was an issue, but still, a step in the right direction. I had a decent time, and I wasn't working so even better :) Overall, not worth the money, but the money was due to the international act, which didn't really deliver.