• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Toyota Supra

dillongt

Interesting, they expect it to compete with the Z. Considering the Z starts around 30kUSD, and this one is 40k... of course, both have 3.5 V6s and the Toyota is looking at around 50 more bhp than the '06 Z. Be interesting to see if Nissan actually developes this 450Z thats being rumored.

Whoa...this totally made my day! That's awesome that they're considering releasing this car..looks great, and the stats are pretty damn good too! Hopefully it'll be the long due step away from boredom Toyota fans of the past have been waiting for!

hhmm.... not the best looks for a car of that nature... but the convertable model seems nicer.. the front end looks a bit like an egg doesnt it :D

please dont pound on me for calling it an egg :)

i think it looks really nice, cant wait 2 c it on da roads. Nissan get ready 4 some tough competition :D

4 every1's information im not bashing nissan :)

As much as I am a fan of Toyota I don't know how good this thing will be at competing against the GT-R. Toyota doesn't seem to take their high-end performance cars as seriously as Nissan does with the skyline. But having said that, those numbers look great to me so far.. And as for the looks of the Supra..I think it looks great.

Yeah, sure bits of it may look like other cars, but I think that's bound to happen with any manufacturer, and does with pretty much any car..someone always thinks it looks like something else. For example, for the first time I saw this picture the Supra reminded me of the Infiniti G35 coupe..the back half from the door onwards..well maybe not the wheel arch, but the shoulder of the car if you want to call it that...

But I can't believe toyota took the celica and the MR off the market in the US. Perhaps they've got some big plans laid out..actually they'd better cos right now their line up is as bland as it could possibly get!

Go on Toyota!

Its about time they bring out some phat sports cars. It looks like the new supra is set to kick the 350Z's and Audi TT's ass. But sounds a bit too expensive at $40000.

As much as I am a fan of Toyota I don't know how good this thing will be at competing against the GT-R. Toyota doesn't seem to take their high-end performance cars as seriously as Nissan does with the skyline. But having said that, those numbers look great to me so far.. And as for the looks of the Supra..I think it looks great.

Yeah, sure bits of it may look like other cars, but I think that's bound to happen with any manufacturer, and does with pretty much any car..someone always thinks it looks like something else. For example, for the first time I saw this picture the Supra reminded me of the Infiniti G35 coupe..the back half from the door onwards..well maybe not the wheel arch, but the shoulder of the car if you want to call it that...

But I can't believe toyota took the celica and the MR off the market in the US. Perhaps they've got some big plans laid out..actually they'd better cos right now their line up is as bland as it could possibly get!

Qes:- ( Toyota doesn't seem to take their high-end performance cars as seriously as Nissan does with the skyline. )

ans:-my brother & i always argue about this topic…his icon is supra and my icon is RX-7 but i don’t think any one can beat the supra except driving performance……..even that day my brother lost to me because of his fault…....look at JGTC Supra is always on the fist/second/third mark…. this is what i heard from a Japanese guy who owns a skyline GTR V-spec in japan ( he is one of my pen pals….) he said “skyline GTR is the blue shiny line in the sky but supra is the back cloud can always rune the entire blue sky…..” he said no matter what supra is the fastest japanese ever made…if you have GT4 ot GT3 PSII …tune the cars and see witch one the most powerful….skyline GTR is a great car but I don’t think once it comes to supra….…

jgtcsupra8li.jpg

Qes:- ( Toyota doesn't seem to take their high-end performance cars as seriously as Nissan does with the skyline. )

ans:-my brother & i always argue about this topic…his icon is supra and my icon is RX-7 but i don’t think any one can beat the supra except driving performance……..even that day my brother lost to me because of his fault…....look at JGTC Supra is always on the fist/second/third mark…. this is what i heard from a Japanese guy who owns a skyline GTR V-spec in japan ( he is one of my pen pals….) he said “skyline GTR is the blue shiny line in the sky but supra is the back cloud can always rune the entire blue sky…..” he said no matter what supra is the fastest japanese ever made…if you have GT4 ot GT3 PSII …tune the cars and see witch one the most powerful….skyline GTR is a great car but I don’t think once it comes to supra….…

Ur missing the point bro. Once the after market tuning starts, the performance of the car depends on the skill of the tuner. But what was said is that "Toyota doesn't seem to take their high-end performance cars as seriously as Nissan does with the skyline". Thats as it leaves the factory. Think a factory spec Supra can run with a M-Spec Nur? (Only coz thats the highest mark and is factory. Not counting the Z-Tune, coz thats sorta a limited tune shop creation) I dunno. Not too much aware on the Supra marks. But u answer that question.

And bro, I dunno about induvidual race wins, but the Skyline has won more JGTC championships than Supras. And I'm saying Skyline, not Nissan's which can count another championship with the Z.

Count stands:

Supra : 4 (including last year 2005, so current champions)

Skyline : 6 (retired coz others can't compete, even with JGTC rules which handicaps the best performers to make the racing more even and exciting)

Z : 1 (2004)

And keep in mind bro. It was damn close this year too. Supra only won the championship on the last race from the Xanavi Nismo team racing the Z.

Must say tho, Advan has done a damn good job with the kit and the paint. Thats a foxy looking car.

• 1 year later...

check some of the newer threads for updated pictures of what the new Supra or rather its Lexus replacement ought to look like

this one pictured is no doubt the result of someone playing abt with Photoshop or even Maya

base car looks a lot like a Hyundai Taskani with lotsa body work!

far from what the real concept supra is like...

High time Toyota brought out a performance car!

What ever happend to the talk of bringing out a 350Z GTR?