• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Motorcycle Fans Here?

Mani

Post up some pictures of your rides and some details about it.

Hey Mani Bro

Biker here but i'm onto offroaders/dualsports :)

I have a Honda XR250, fully stock except for Baja designs lighting kit, supertrapp exhaust with 10 discs and jetted carby,

"performance" ECM bought off ebay :angry-smiley-048:

Still have my old Honda MTX200R two "smoker" cos don't have the heart to get rid of it after sharing many near-death experiences with it :)

nice little bike but it's just not upto mark when compared with the 4 stroke grunt of the baby xr250

If only governments allow larger displacement motors, i'd love to own the 400R

I see you having the CBR100RR, FB :jumping-smiley-013: must be pulling ya arm sockets out with that kinda power to weight ratio :)

I've ridden only a CBR250 few times, nice litttle bike but i found the Aprillia RS250 i rode once to be far superior in every form except for maybe on fuel efficacy and parts pricing

nice to see bikers around :) sorta rare species on AL :(

I had severel Bikes from my o/l 's :rolleyes: but now no bikes ...no arthal... family guy :angry-smiley-048:

2002 GSXR 250 ma first street bike

2003 Fire blade250 with crystal lights..

2003 end Gularm 400red & black...2004 gularm250 Wine red crystal lights...

2004 VFR400 proarm black & red...2005 End Black Gularm..Ma last Ride <_<

Lovr to have a R6 but....Legall issues & money... :angry-smiley-048: Can't take tht risk now... :violent-smiley-030:

I'll try to upload sum pics..

Edited by DarkangeL

ridewithmexz2.th.jpg

bikejp2.th.png

vfr400jv0.th.jpg

I coudn't find other's :unsure:

xrNuwaraEliya-015.jpg

my humble xr250 on my first test ride to nuwara eliya just to see how it handles :)

completely unplanned ride...went there only with a t'shirt and jeans on...bad idea since i had to ride back the same day and had to ride back in the evening with chilly winds :)

Didn't even stop in Nuwara elliya town :action-smiley-060: just turned around and came and and gotta say that for a dual sport bike this took corners quite well thanks to the tyres i had on it at the time... :)

nice little bike and i absolutely love the low end torque... i'm sure the bloody thing can climb a tree if i find a way to tether myself to the seat and not fall off :jumping-smiley-013::rolleyes:

Edited by Ripper

xrNuwaraEliya-015.jpg

my humble xr250 on my first test ride to nuwara eliya just to see how it handles :)

completely unplanned ride...went there only with a t'shirt and jeans on...bad idea since i had to ride back the same day and had to ride back in the evening with chilly winds :)

Didn't even stop in Nuwara elliya town :action-smiley-060: just turned around and came and and gotta say that for a dual sport bike this took corners quite well thanks to the tyres i had on it at the time... :)

nice little bike and i absolutely love the low end torque... i'm sure the bloody thing can climb a tree if i find a way to tether myself to the seat and not fall off :jumping-smiley-013::rolleyes:

That's a great bike. Those things are a riot to ride. I think your bike is well suited for SL to go on and off road and everything in between.

Is there track events for bike that you just go and blow off some steam when you feel like it? I did a search and couldn't come up with any info. Found bunch of pictures, mainly here, of car action but haven't seen any bikes tearing it up.

Edited by Mani

That's a great bike. Those things are a riot to ride. I think your bike is well suited for SL to go on and off road and everything in between.

Is there track events for bike that you just go and blow off some steam when you feel like it? I did a search and couldn't come up with any info. Found bunch of pictures, mainly here, of car action but haven't seen any bikes tearing it up.

thanks mate.

yep..this one is good for our potholes etc and blasting through small roadways and even in reasonably deep waters :)

the 4 stroke motor coupled with a decent exhaust serves to "warn" trishaw bugger, pedestrians etc of your "arrival"...

found this to be useful when you head out of town on gravel roads etc where people don't expect vehicles or bikes to be present...

the advance warning thing has a nice safety factor :)

In terms of track events... i'd go for a two stroker anyday over a 4 stroker for tracks since those tight turns and high jumps etc a lighter machine with a good powerband with good acceleration is what matters IMHO... 4 strokes have come a long way but they are still inferior to two strokes...especially track specific two strokes like the legendary CR's, KX's, YZ's and KTM's etc

Luckily i have a few friends who are into touring which involves some offroad time and lotsa white rum in break times... I prefer that over racing since taking chances like i used to do is not possible nowadays :)

Touring is great fun...you will have a few mis haps... last time my friend crashed onto a bus in bad weather and i ended up in a ditch :) both of us were ok though and surprisingly the bikes were also not damaged :)

Getting lost in jungles and in unknown areas and having to use a map properly is quite thrilling in SL :)

last time my friend crashed onto a bus in bad weather and i ended up in a ditch :) both of us were ok though and surprisingly the bikes were also not damaged :)

That's funny! I used to know this one ditch by my grand fathers house intimately when I used to "barrow" my uncle's CB125, in the middle of the night, when I was in SL. The road ends so I have to make a U turn and used to dump his bike in the ditch because I can barely put my foot on the ground. I was 9 back then :D. Still got a nasty burn mark on my left leg when I happen to drop it in the ditch one time and bike fell on me and nicely crisped my leg on the exhaust.

This is a picture of my Yamaha FZ6 at a track day in October last year. Two weeks after this picture, I handily crashed on the highway and busted my shoulder in two places. Got knocked out and had a nice ambulance ride to the hospital. Sadly the bike didn't fair too well.

_ML_2304.jpg

I have about 70% use of my right arm now. It should be all good in couple of months. I'm finally getting back into riding again and replaced the FZ with the CBR but haven't really ridden it hard yet.

That's funny! I used to know this one ditch by my grand fathers house intimately when I used to "barrow" my uncle's CB125, in the middle of the night, when I was in SL. The road ends so I have to make a U turn and used to dump his bike in the ditch because I can barely put my foot on the ground. I was 9 back then :D. Still got a nasty burn mark on my left leg when I happen to drop it in the ditch one time and bike fell on me and nicely crisped my leg on the exhaust.

This is a picture of my Yamaha FZ6 at a track day in October last year. Two weeks after this picture, I handily crashed on the highway and busted my shoulder in two places. Got knocked out and had a nice ambulance ride to the hospital. Sadly the bike didn't fair too well.

_ML_2304.jpg

I have about 70% use of my right arm now. It should be all good in couple of months. I'm finally getting back into riding again and replaced the FZ with the CBR but haven't really ridden it hard yet.

wow..what a ride brova... hope our goverment chng their bloody rules for high capacity bikes... :angry-smiley-024:

good thing medi care is quite good abroad :)

Once i broke my little finger after a small crash and they took me to the closest government hospital. after an Xray confirming the fracture the docs said just to wrap my hand up and send me to the ward with some painkillers :action-smiley-060: when i checked again with the doc about recovery she said that i won't have full use of my finger but it will nicely heal :violent-smiley-099:

i waved off their medi care and got myself admitted to a private hospital...went through a surgery which involved putting a metal pin into the drilled finger bone and now all is fine :)

If they can't fix a busted finger properly, i have high doubts what they will do to anything more serious so i've reduced the risks i take now :)

And being 30, it kinda hurts a little bit more than it used to when taking falls at speed :)

Talking about ditches...once i went into a canal :action-smiley-060:

it was during rainy season and the roads were flooded about 2-3 feet... i was traversing this road that was bordering a canal on my mtx200r and had to give way to an oncoming truck....

couldn't see where the road ended and the canal began due to murky water and went head into the canal :angry-smiley-048:

The bike was completely submerged and took about 4 guys to get it out of the water...

Good thing with two strokes is that it's very easy to do repairs on your own so i took the dunked bike home...stripped it down and cleaned her up and she fired up with a few kicks with no damage whatsoever :)

BTW Mani, since you seem to be onto big bikes...ever ridden a Busa? or a Kawasaki ZX14r?

I love those two bikes and the looks too are a killer... but riding one seems to be out :(

maybe i'll rent one when i'm in another country or something...so there's hope...

wow..what a ride brova... hope our goverment chng their bloody rules for high capacity bikes... :angry-smiley-024:

don't think this'll happen anytime soon mate...and that sucks :(

some years ago i got a brilliant deal for an Aprillia RS500 brought down from italy with italian plates on it...

was unlucky enough to ride it but due to restrictions on displacement couldn't buy it and couldn't afford to keep it as an extra just for weekend thrills so had to pass it on :(

some lucky guy out there must be having it in storage or maybe racing it

BTW Mani, since you seem to be onto big bikes...ever ridden a Busa? or a Kawasaki ZX14r?

I love those two bikes and the looks too are a killer... but riding one seems to be out :(

maybe i'll rent one when i'm in another country or something...so there's hope...

Never ridden a Busa or the ZX. Those two bikes are very popular with drag racers here. Stupid quick bikes they are. On top of that you get these guys that turbo charge them and then it's a whole new game. I have two good friends with couple of turbo Busas. One is in the 380 WHP range and the other I think is in the mid 400 WHP. These things carry the front wheel at well over 200 kph easily.

The vid below is some serious action from the two turbo busas that belongs to my buddies and one NOS busa along with a standard Busa. I kind of make a cameo appearance at 3:00 min mark. The drama was at over 300 KPH and the engine was a complete loss :D

The chase bike is the 380 WHP Busa [in my sig] and I'm racing a modified GSX-R 1000. Terminal speed was 216.6 MPH [361 KPH].

Edited by Mani

Yo,

great to hear from fellow riders. I started on a Yamaha 100cc and then rode my dad's CB 750 - the big sucker - the original superbike. 4 cyl , 4 carb and 4 big silencers . :angry-smiley-048:

Then a Rd 350 - two strole heaven , and now have a CBR 250RR. Nice one. Love her to bits.

Rode a GSX R 1100 once scared mnyself silly on the roads of dear old Dubai.

Quads - now thats what we need -some bif 250 cc watercooled two strokers - Yamaha Banshee......

oops sorry guys getting verbal diarrhoea. Old age ctachin up.... :jumping-smiley-013:

• 1 month later...
xrNuwaraEliya-015.jpg

ok this goes out to the guys who owns a XR250....i have a DT200R and ever since i got it I've been doing all sorts of moddings to it...after 3 years i think i had the best of 200cc..now im dieing to have a XR250...so any one who has a XR to sale please let me know...if its a red one it'll be great....my email address is [email protected] any thing related to Xr's...

• 2 weeks later...
ok this goes out to the guys who owns a XR250....i have a DT200R and ever since i got it I've been doing all sorts of moddings to it...after 3 years i think i had the best of 200cc..now im dieing to have a XR250...so any one who has a XR to sale please let me know...if its a red one it'll be great....my email address is [email protected] any thing related to Xr's...

Well i came off a MTX200R onto XR's... I can tell you that XR's just rock :) they are the best 4 stroke offroaders you can get :)

But i won't have that revvy effect a 2 stroke will have...won't accelerate as nearly as fast as a similar displacement 2 stroker... But the torque is just crazy...

as long as you can hold your balance it will climb almost anything :)

If i'm not wrong...there were one or two XR super motards at cool bikes, dehiwala... I personally don't like the XR SM cos it's a lil too low for me at 6ft but the thing can take corners like you wont believe on tarmac... bitch to ride offroad though...

btw... be prepared to dish out lot more moolah than you would for a 2 stroke for a 4 stroke...especially the XR's since they are in demand... Parts are also lil expensive...

My first set of sprockets had to be ordered from australia cos couldn't find the damn thing here... thankfully now they have the steel sprockets here but not the racing ones...

good luck with your hunt :)

Post up some pictures of your rides and some details about it.

I used several bikes over my past. My dad had a bike when I was 7yrs old. It was Honda C90 :D . I used to ride it when I come back from the school. Now I'm 25 years old. I have experience in riding C90, GN125, GSX400 (Cops bike), CBR250, SRX400. Now i'm having TTR250.

TTR250 is a really nice bike which i ever had. I scored 143kmh with it. Torque is really nice. Acceleration is excellent. I will try to attach some pics here later. However I'm going to sell it out and now looking for Honda Hornet 250. I love engine beat of honda hornet. 4 cylinder engine has a really smooth operation. Like to have it just for pleasure riding at weekends. No more racing. Because I missed the way to heaven just by a second with ma TTR.

I used several bikes over my past. My dad had a bike when I was 7yrs old. It was Honda C90 :D . I used to ride it when I come back from the school. Now I'm 25 years old. I have experience in riding C90, GN125, GSX400 (Cops bike), CBR250, SRX400. Now i'm having TTR250.

TTR250 is a really nice bike which i ever had. I scored 143kmh with it. Torque is really nice. Acceleration is excellent. I will try to attach some pics here later. However I'm going to sell it out and now looking for Honda Hornet 250. I love engine beat of honda hornet. 4 cylinder engine has a really smooth operation. Like to have it just for pleasure riding at weekends. No more racing. Because I missed the way to heaven just by a second with ma TTR.

I had a friends who had a TTR Raid i believe... :) we've had a few "sessions" going at each other but at least with us... The XR pulled ahead :)

of course the man had excuses like my final drive ratios, supertrapp etc etc but a win is a win imho :angry-smiley-048:

But i've got creamed by a Suzuki DRZ 250 once... that thing had far better acceleration than mine :angry-smiley-048:

and my XR is also for weekend rides and biking/camping trips with friends... great for long distance traveling non-stop, no engine heat etc cos it's dry sump with oil in frame...

I once hit 156kmh on the XR digi speedo before running out of road...

And for me bro... once you're on a offroad bike it's very very tough to settle for a more street oriented one :)

I will ride offroad until i'm too old to kick start the bike :)

I had a friends who had a TTR Raid i believe... :) we've had a few "sessions" going at each other but at least with us... The XR pulled ahead :)

of course the man had excuses like my final drive ratios, supertrapp etc etc but a win is a win imho :angry-smiley-048:

But i've got creamed by a Suzuki DRZ 250 once... that thing had far better acceleration than mine :angry-smiley-048:

and my XR is also for weekend rides and biking/camping trips with friends... great for long distance traveling non-stop, no engine heat etc cos it's dry sump with oil in frame...

I once hit 156kmh on the XR digi speedo before running out of road...

And for me bro... once you're on a offroad bike it's very very tough to settle for a more street oriented one :)

I will ride offroad until i'm too old to kick start the bike :)

Fortunately TTR doen't have a kick. If you want I will give it to u to use when u old. :D I like TTR. But will never recommend it to anybody since spares are very very expensive. I replaced the frond sprocket wheel few moths ago. It was Rs.4200/-. Also it has a problem in starter mortar mechanism. My technician told me its a fault came with TTR raid model. Anyway still he's asking me to not to sell the bike. He is a guy with good knowledge specially trained for TTR make.

Most of time I have given more preference to offroad bikes. I was crazy on riding offroad. About one year ago I went through the Colombo - Matara highway at Baddegama area (Galle). Its not a highway yet. It was only a huge sized way with boulders rocks spreaded everywhere (more worst than offroad racing track). Some areas are muddy. just excavated mountains and they didnt even leveled the road. It was a nice experience I ever had in my life. I was able to ride my TTR for more than 2 hours along that way. Unfortunately I didn't had a camera to take a photo before i wash my bike.

All changed once I rode my friend's Honda Hornet 250. I surprised to hear the engine beat of 4Stroke 4 Cylinder engine. I cannot believe the smoothness of the engine. Because I used to ride 4 Stroke Single cylinder engines which giving me a rough feeling. Also its not look like CBR or YZF which are giving "another Road Racer" feeling to ppl who are looking at us. Its just a cool bike which is more comfortable for even the pillion rider. Also I like that bigger tyre more than 6inch wide.

Have you had any Hornet rides??

Thanks bro for the info,yeah i know that i wont get the same out of a 4 stroke,thats what my friend who had a CRM250 also said...but the Honda trail bikes are like pit bulls..and i really like the design of the digital meter XR250...(but i have to agree with you..i don't like XR250 SM..i don't like the new rear fender...but as you've said i can expect more from the XR250..right?

(Im hoping to buy a red XR- one before the straight fender models)

I would also like know,whats the maximum speed you gone on your XR...and how is the engine doing at high revs....I've done 135Kmph on my DT200...30i7ne06354902bi3.jpg

nope...not the hornet but have been on CBR250, Kawasaki Ninja 400, Aprillia RS500 and an old 3 pot MVX250

My XR also has only electric leg...no kicker... I'm thinking of getting a kicker mechanism and putting that in there cos and offroad bike should have a bloody kicker :)

Once my battery was messed up due to a short in the charging system and die on me on a muddy trail... Jump starting in muddy terrain is no fun... If only it had a kicker it would've saved me a lot of grief :)

last bike trip we went...rode to to kataragama and then to Yala.... all in heavy downpour... we would've ridden over 4 hours non-stop :angry-smiley-048:

Do agree with you on the smoothness of multi pot engines... for me personally i'm not that into cosmetics and how the engine sounds etc as long as it delivers :)

the single pot xr motor delivers and i'm cool with that... but that doesn't mean i don't like 4 cylinder bikes... respect for those :)

I do my repairs at home most of the time and handling a single cylinder motor when need to is much easier for me...imagine trying to balance 4 carbs properly :unsure:

with your preference i'm sure you'll love the Ducatti Monster :) Nice muscle bike :)

And wide tires are nothing but bling if you're are not cornering the bike properly :) and that takes some balls bolted on properly :lol:

anways...post some pics once you get the hornet

Thanks bro for the info,yeah i know that i wont get the same out of a 4 stroke,thats what my friend who had a CRM250 also said...but the Honda trail bikes are like pit bulls..and i really like the design of the digital meter XR250...(but i have to agree with you..i don't like XR250 SM..i don't like the new rear fender...but as you've said i can expect more from the XR250..right?

(Im hoping to buy a red XR- one before the straight fender models)

I would also like know,whats the maximum speed you gone on your XR...and how is the engine doing at high revs....I've done 135Kmph on my DT200...30i7ne06354902bi3.jpg