• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Motorcycle Fans Here?

Mani

Pradfred

I shot the above video from the cheap motel joint we stayed in weddagala on the last day of the bike trip...

we rode through hell for 6 hrs or so to get to weddagla and it was too damn dark when we hit the motel... this was the view we were greeted with the next day morning :)

Edited by Ripper

Pradfred

I shot the above video from the cheap motel joint we stayed in weddagala on the last day of the bike trip...

we rode through hell for 6 hrs or so to get to weddagla and it was too damn dark when we hit the motel... this was the view we were greeted with the next day morning :)

WOW !

Super stuff.

Must join you guys one day

• 2 years later...

Ok boys so thought to bump up this thread again in case any riding fans here have changed their rides and will like to show us a photo. I will start with my one. I have had it for a while now, its a 2007 Yamaha R6. Got it from Melb and rode it up to Canberra. It is approximately 800Kms and it took me 8 hours with 3 15 minute breaks. I averaged 130km/h and the max I did was 200km/h. Since I didn't have my Shoeis on or good leathers I was quite scared to go any faster and not to mention the cops.

photo1py.jpg

09032011491.jpg

09032011490.jpg

08022011434.jpg

02032011483.jpg

Edited by Skyline R33
  • Like 2

Hi Skyline, nice bike, nice ride, nice post. I'm up in Sydney and run a Suzuki blue GS500 (naked) for a bit of fun. Had a 600k trip a week ago out to Bathurst and around and back. It's been an odd weather season for riding, ain't it? Just fitted a set of Oggy Knobbs to the bike this week for a bit of added case-protection. Give me a wave on the road if ya see me!!!!

i see alot of bike fans its nice to see there are live bikers around SL .

I love bikes ,there no feeling like riding a bike sometimes.My favourites are Supermotard bikes

not much into road bikes but its nice to have a road bike in your garage.

part time i buy and sell bikes so heres the list of bikes i had

started off with - Kinetic safari 48cc(k&n cone type filter)

Honda CBR gull arm

bajaj boxer CT

suzuki 250SB

sold off many KAWASAKI D-trackers

favourite was the 315CC nassert bigbore d-tracker(yoshimura trc exhaust and zeta extras)

Suzuki DRZ Big bore 440 - 2006 ,arrow exhaust,Europe Version .

Suzuki DRZ400SM - 2008 white (leovince x3 exhaust,WRP handle bars,drcled)

Suzuki DRZ400SM - 2009 black (standard barbwire sticker bike ,blackframe)

Ducati monster DARK -2002 standard bike ..

Favourite of all was the SUZUKI DRZ SM :D

post-46008-034263500 1300522667_thumb.jp

post-46008-007146200 1300522687_thumb.jp

post-46008-021402800 1300522716_thumb.jp

post-46008-095983200 1300522734_thumb.jp

post-46008-033546800 1300522991_thumb.jp

Hi All :)

Wow .. looks like there're more bikers now than my last visit to autolanka.

Unfortunately, I dont have a road bike nor an off road bike, hence I wont be able to join anyone on road trips & so on.

But I do trackdays on my bike & it would be lovely for anyone you guys to join up on a trackday. Perhaps the pannala circuit is a good venue.

cheers

PS: a pic of my humble ride is attached herewith ;)

post-2821-059411800 1300611840_thumb.jpg

Hi All :)

Wow .. looks like there're more bikers now than my last visit to autolanka.

Unfortunately, I dont have a road bike nor an off road bike, hence I wont be able to join anyone on road trips & so on.

But I do trackdays on my bike & it would be lovely for anyone you guys to join up on a trackday. Perhaps the pannala circuit is a good venue.

cheers

PS: a pic of my humble ride is attached herewith ;)

True.I remember when I joined and put up a thread about bikes nobody replied.Very happy to see some new bikers here.

As for me,both of mine are kota uda and havent been ridden for nearly one and a half years.Slowly but surely me biking days have come to an end it seems...ah well,thoroughly enjoyed while it lasted though...

I'm very reluctant to post pics of the other two but heres one of my cub(on the left..duh..)...pumping out a massive 50cc.the greatest bike of all time...

tDhin.jpg

Edited by MasterDon

True.I remember when I joined and put up a thread about bikes nobody replied.Very happy to see some new bikers here.

As for me,both of mine are kota uda and havent been ridden for nearly one and a half years.Slowly but surely me biking days have come to an end it seems...ah well,thoroughly enjoyed while it lasted though...

I'm very reluctant to post pics of the other two but heres one of my cub(on the left..duh..)...pumping out a massive 50cc.the greatest bike of all time...

tDhin.jpg

Bro ..what do you mean kota uda ? are they seriously not in running condition anymore ?

Bro ..what do you mean kota uda ? are they seriously not in running condition anymore ?

Sorry shami,shouldn't have exaggerated....Though they haven't been ridden a long time they're are no repairs due as far as I can tell.my tuner guy started them a fortnight ago...

I Will be deciding their future shortly.you'll be the first to know.

That is a lot of riding on a Sport Bike Skyline and nice bike as well.

Ya Ripper, the joys of wide open roads :)

DSC01041.jpg

as you would agree...that little speed bump is all worth the experience :D

haven't been on bikes for a long time :P

gotta get the ol XR cleaned up and burn some rubber

favourite was the 315CC nassert bigbore d-tracker(yoshimura trc exhaust and zeta extras)

Ducati monster DARK -2002 standard bike ..

That big bore tracker on the yoshi pipe must be sounding super!

a mate had an XR SM with a yoshi pipe and man...that pipe was awesome.

lttle to no thump at lowr rev bands but when you open the throttle up..it's like a thunderstorm passing you by :)

How was the ducatti monster?

wish there were more ducattis...such beautiful machines...

tDhin.jpg

haiyo...what happened MD... the little 50cc can't pull you nomore? :P

about biking days coming to an end..

same here machang...trying my best to hold on though :P

the ol mtx is out for the count i think...don't want to sell it off also...

i'll be getting the XR fully done up...hopefully...soon!

At least do day runs to somewhere....

Sorry shami,shouldn't have exaggerated....Though they haven't been ridden a long time they're are no repairs due as far as I can tell.my tuner guy started them a fortnight ago...

I Will be deciding their future shortly.you'll be the first to know.

Bro .. even my R1 comes out of the house only when a race is near & I'd need to get back in touch with my riding technique.

Until then it just stays locked in my room. :)

Btw .. my TZR250 is literally "kota uda" But I bought new parts. Fixing it up this weekend :) .. cant wait to ride it.

Well let me know, once u decide :)

Edited by shamitz

hmph!...ado the ol' cubby still can haul my carcass around fine ok...just don't expect it to go faster then 5kmph. :P:lol:

:lol: i feel sorry for MasterDon's super cub :P

Btw .. my TZR250 is literally "kota uda" But I bought new parts. Fixing it up this weekend :) .. cant wait to ride it.

ah...that's a nice light 2 smoker bike :)

i had an NSR 250 for like 3 days....loved the 2 stroke power delivery...

only irritants were the horrible high pitched engine sound and lots of smoke... :P

ah...that's a nice light 2 smoker bike :)

i had an NSR 250 for like 3 days....loved the 2 stroke power delivery...

only irritants were the horrible high pitched engine sound and lots of smoke... :P

I used to ride around on my cousin's NSR250 MC21 .. it had a HRC ignition kit with wire harness, HRC carb upgrades , HRC exhaust. It was awesome on power. An absolute blast to have ridden one :)

But although the TZR is slightly down on power, it has better overall performance.

Btw mine is the "rear straight exhaust" version .. aka "front carb" :)

It doesnt have so much of that horrible high pitched engine sound & also the smoke clears out after the engine has warmed up.

I'll upload a few pics on FB, once I've got it up & running, after this weekend :)

I used to ride around on my cousin's NSR250 MC21 .. it had a HRC ignition kit with wire harness, HRC carb upgrades , HRC exhaust. It was awesome on power. An absolute blast to have ridden one :)

But although the TZR is slightly down on power, it has better overall performance.

Btw mine is the "rear straight exhaust" version .. aka "front carb" :)

It doesnt have so much of that horrible high pitched engine sound & also the smoke clears out after the engine has warmed up.

I'll upload a few pics on FB, once I've got it up & running, after this weekend :)

yeah...not proud of my younger days stupidity but i once outran some coppers on what looked to be a gs400 :P

they tried to flag me down on kandy road from the other side of the road... guess they spotted the smoke trail of the nsr from a mile away...

the GS had no chance :P i saw them for like 3-4 seconds behind me and that was it :P

awesome power but that bike had an ignition issue and the bottom cylinder used to die all of a sudden...

it was a 89 model nsr

Also, a friend had a tzr 150...bit of a rare model from what i've been told but looks pretty awesome.

never got a chance to properly ride it though...

did a few slow runs and that too felt like it can handle really well

a friend of mine has gotten down a Ducati 1198R

awsome bike man

I'm sure it is...

those damn italians know how to design their bikes...

their superbikes must be the best designed bikes in the whole world... it's beyond engineering... hand down an art form very few if at all any can reproduce

awsome bike man

Does this bloke live at Marawila or there abouts?...Anyways great machine!

I'm sure it is...

those damn italians know how to design their bikes...

their superbikes must be the best designed bikes in the whole world... it's beyond engineering... hand down an art form very few if at all any can reproduce

Machan the Italians have a lot of style and character about them no doubt.but if we consider only the performance bits(engine,handling,and the electronic bits...),the Japs are are very hard to beat in my opinion.Admittedly I have had only a couple of limited runs on some friends' Ducati,Aprilia,but they seem a but outdated(performance wise) when compared to their Japanese competition.was really dissapointed with the power delivery on the ones I've ridden.It was like too much power sometimes,and othertimes none at all.If you know what I mean.

yeah...not proud of my younger days stupidity but i once outran some coppers on what looked to be a gs400 :P

they tried to flag me down on kandy road from the other side of the road... guess they spotted the smoke trail of the nsr from a mile away...

the GS had no chance :P i saw them for like 3-4 seconds behind me and that was it :P

awesome power but that bike had an ignition issue and the bottom cylinder used to die all of a sudden...

it was a 89 model nsr

Also, a friend had a tzr 150...bit of a rare model from what i've been told but looks pretty awesome.

never got a chance to properly ride it though...

did a few slow runs and that too felt like it can handle really well

Hey we all did stuff like this during our younger days. :D One day when we meet in person, I'll share some of my personal experiences too ;) . You will laugh when you hear them. :D

Since the NSR has a V-twin engine where the bottom cylinder is pretty much very low, we would generally use a hotter plug for that cylinder.

For example, if the top has a NGK B10EGV plug .. the bottom would have to be a B9EGV. Also the carb main jets will have to chosen accordingly.

Otherwise, you will always come across the problem of the bottom cylinder dying out .. especially during town running, where you cant open full throttle. This is a common issue .. but if this was not the case in your bike, then it must've been an issue with the PGM-II unit on 89'NSR.

I think the TZR150 is a thailand / malaysia based model. I has a different 125 based chassis with that extra 25cc on the engine..Very quick indeed :)

awsome bike man

I've seen this bike in the flesh ... Someone I know brokered the deal.

I've even seen the bike while it was stripped down & being put together.

What impressed me the most was the Termignoni Exhaust system. Very expensive & quite a performance enhancement for that bike :)

Having said that, the whole bike was pretty impressive :) although I'm not much of a Ducati fan