• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy A Economical Car

shihanc

Question

hey guys.

I need help and ideas from you all.

need a car.should be economical(at least 12Km/ltr).

2door or 4door,it doesn't matter.for hard use.normally I'm traveling 60Km per day.Now i got a FB15 and it cost me 1000bugs per day.(coz of huge traffic at Rajagiriya and Borella and then all the way to JaEla).I'm desperate to buy a Economical car for my use.Suggest me some thing.

Rgdz,

Shihan

hey guys.

2door or 4door,it doesn't matter.for hard use.normally I'm traveling 60Km per day.Now i got a FB15 and it cost me 1000bugs per day.(coz of huge traffic at Rajagiriya and Borella and then all the way to JaEla).I'm desperate to buy a Economical car for my use.Suggest me some thing.

Rgdz,

Shihan

Toyota Yaris ! ?, One I know travels over 100 km daily from yakkala to colombo, says it does more than 12km/l.

Your budjet matters someone to give a sugestion

If comfort is no issue... Maruti or Alto........ Starlet reflect might be a better option....

....and from personal experience, a well maintained SB13 does around 12-13 in Colombo (and it's diesel) and around 16 outstation. Trick is to find a well maintained one....

hey guys.

Rgdz,

Shihan

SUZUKI Swift 1.3 more than 12 Kpl :rolleyes:

hey guys.

Rgdz,

Shihan

SUZUKI Swift 1.3 more than 12 Kpl :rolleyes:

maruti :)

Nah... If budget is not the main issue there are better cars than this dinosaur maruti :)

friend of mine at work got an alto that does about 15kmpl while my corolla does around 12kmpl :)

I'm sure the VVTi's must be doing more on fuel...

remember that there was thread on a civic aria or summin on AL claiming to be doing some insane amount of km's per litre...

I won't go for a maruti for small gain on gas :)

Nah... If budget is not the main issue there are better cars than this dinosaur maruti :)

friend of mine at work got an alto that does about 15kmpl while my corolla does around 12kmpl :)

I'm sure the VVTi's must be doing more on fuel...

remember that there was thread on a civic aria or summin on AL claiming to be doing some insane amount of km's per litre...

I won't go for a maruti for small gain on gas :)

same here bro... was said in humor :)

but, since he does have a budget of 1 mil, it does come into contention.

yeah the aria/city with cvt is amazing on fuel...

same here bro... was said in humor :)

but, since he does have a budget of 1 mil, it does come into contention.

yeah the aria/city with cvt is amazing on fuel...

heh heh :) cool scene brother :) my bad cos i dint see the 1 mil bracket

ShihanC

I also travel from wattala to bamba daily on my corolla... only pump about 12-15k per month even with weekend running...

mine does over 10-12 in colombo and upto 15 or so outstation depending on terrain and driving style...

Driving to work i try to minimize getting caught to traffic jams by heading out a little early in the morning and coming back a little late to save up on road rage, traffic related stress and fuel also...

sometimes those sorta little things also helps a lot to bring down the fuel cost IMHO :)

good luck with your hut and keep us posted

How about a Micro. Can any one tell any thing about the fuel consumption? :jumping-smiley-013:

I heard the mew micro car, which is going to launch in February is much more economical. :angry-smiley-048:

How about a Micro. Can any one tell any thing about the fuel consumption? :jumping-smiley-013:

I heard the mew micro car, which is going to launch in February is much more economical. :angry-smiley-048:

My friend owns a Micro & he is not satisfied with the comfort of it at-all. I never cared to ask him on the fuel economy of it.

hey guys.

Rgdz,

Shihan

Shihanc after reading all the comments on this post it seems the best suggestion is by our bro Ripper if in fact the fuel figures he is getting could be replicated simply because the Corolla gives you a much better level of comfort and is more practical than most hatchbacks.

but as he suggests the best option is to use a combined strategy of traffic avoidance, traffic mediation, non aggressive driving style with a reasonably economical car if you want to go easy on your pocket.

The March K11 (1300 cc version)

The Toyota Corolla AE100 or a CE100

Toyota Starlet

Maruti & Suzuki Alto

The Nissan SB13 (need to be very careful here, most of the examples on the road are not in good shape)

The Lancer (1993-1995) diesel model

should be fairly fuel efficient though there might be potential for your FB15 to do better on fuel, as there might be other factors than traffic causing the very high fuel bills

The Honda Aria is mine and still it working well. I checked with 90 Oct and is better in city 14km/l. Unfortunately it cost 2.4mil. I had 1.5 and got personal loan of 1 mil.

Just joking ,why not join with Miniace and fix 1.2 I-dsi engine to Mini definitely it will work 20km/l

Regards,

Ruwan

The R2 looks odd & I don't know what to call it. Can remember a discussion on this couple of months back. I'm not into these batta vehicles with 660cc engines, they may be efiicient in fuel but with the road conditions in SL they won't be survivors in the long run.

Shihanc after reading all the comments on this post it seems the best suggestion is by our bro Ripper if in fact the fuel figures he is getting could be replicated simply because the Corolla gives you a much better level of comfort and is more practical than most hatchbacks.

but as he suggests the best option is to use a combined strategy of traffic avoidance, traffic mediation, non aggressive driving style with a reasonably economical car if you want to go easy on your pocket.

The March K11 (1300 cc version)

The Toyota Corolla AE100 or a CE100

Toyota Starlet

Maruti & Suzuki Alto

The Nissan SB13 (need to be very careful here, most of the examples on the road are not in good shape)

The Lancer (1993-1995) diesel model

should be fairly fuel efficient though there might be potential for your FB15 to do better on fuel, as there might be other factors than traffic causing the very high fuel bills

my brother drives a Fb15 manual & he gets 10 -12km/ltr in colombo ( including 1 -2 trips to biyagama ) & have got even 16km/ltr going to anuradhapura

Edited by MRM

my brother drives a Fb15 manual & he gets 10 -12km/ltr in colombo ( including 1 -2 trips to biyagama ) & have got even 16km/ltr going to anuradhapura

Actually one of my coworkers also having the same car...the V*P model or something as he calls it...it's a manual and the guy is a pretty crappy driver and he also gets similar figures as MRM has posted here... But this guy takes the car to the agents for tuning etc and is in good mechanical shape.

So maybe the FB15 in concern here needs to be checked out to if there's something amiss

MRM bro,

btw, did you get that item you were looking to import to SL? Hope all went ok :)

Actually one of my coworkers also having the same car...the V*P model or something as he calls it...it's a manual and the guy is a pretty crappy driver and he also gets similar figures as MRM has posted here... But this guy takes the car to the agents for tuning etc and is in good mechanical shape.

So maybe the FB15 in concern here needs to be checked out to if there's something amiss

MRM bro,

btw, did you get that item you were looking to import to SL? Hope all went ok :)

my bro's car also been serviced with the agents & he doesnt drive that slow some times i see him going even at 4-5 revs . it's a 98 super saloon

machan i got that part througha friend of mine in Uk, but next time i'm going to get it direct to Sl .

looks like some one is waiting in office to avoid traffic & save fuel :alc:

Edited by MRM

thing are same when i import from it from japan(imp in 2004 made in 2001).i had a wide-flat tyres(used to travell on SNOW) and 12-14 fuel efficiency in traffic..but after i repair it from the nissan company they tune it using computers and i think they tune for the best performance...i used to travell far,Nuwara-eliya,Matara ampara like wise...imaging i can race it with any thing(with having 1495cc in my FB15)...pick-up is damn good..but not the fuel efficiency...

looks like some one is waiting in office to avoid traffic & save fuel :alc:

he he :) cricket club is just 2 mins walk away from office machang :)

few pints of nicely chilled beer and the 4 min walk is good for mind and body both :)