• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Terios And Rush...

seeker

Hi guys.... first of all, wish U a happy 2008!

Secondly, the question is, whether someone can tell me the pluses and minuses of the New Terios. This is for my Bro, who's looking for a compact SUV brand new / unregistered.. price around 5Mn

To my knowledge, Rush and Terios are same, except that Daihatsu and Toyota market them seperately.

Reasons for choosing are ground clearance and an 'acceptable' look. other than that, can someone tell me:

1) Fuel consumption (and whether it's acceptable)

2) Availability of spares

3) Whether to go for terios or Rush..... or change our minds :)

4) any other helpful comment....

Thanks.

p.s: I did see MAS's Q about SUVs.... But my Bro doesn't think much about the representatives of Koreans :violent-smiley-099: , and would like a newer vehicle, if possible..

I’ve always hated these types of 'dinky' SUV's. I still struggle to figure out why would anyone buy such a vehicle.

If you are looking for something compact why not go for a hatchback?

For that money I’m sure you'll be able to get hold of a very nice sedan. They are much roomier and looks more professional that the dinky cars.

I’ve always hated these types of 'dinky' SUV's. I still struggle to figure out why would anyone buy such a vehicle.

If you are looking for something compact why not go for a hatchback?

For that money I’m sure you'll be able to get hold of a very nice sedan. They are much roomier and looks more professional that the dinky cars.

Well, two things, one is ground clearance... we frequently travel to this outstation place with a pretty bad road... (this ai not for a 4x4 adventure, mind you... )

Second, the comparatively shorter wheelbase, more practical in office car parks ....

We do have the '06 civic, but with the low clarance, it'll be a sorry sight travelling on that bumpy road...

In any case, what's d hatch U r recomending? and provided my Bro agrees on a second hand SUV, what's the best buy?

my uncle bought the new Terios using a permit

and if your brother is looking for a compact SUV brand new this is the way to go

although it does look like a car it rides more like a SUV

spares etc should not be a problem as the agents seems to be doing a good job

so ask your brother to go for the test drive and see for himself

Hi,.. Daihatsu is a brand that is also owned by Toyota. The Terios is the original vehicle developed by Daihatsu and this new edition Daihatsu engineers may have developed jointly or with some assistance from Toyota division. The new Terios has a full time 4 wheel drive system similar to the Toyota Prado. So the Rush is merely a rebadged Terios. Paying any thing more for the badges does not make sense to me and above all, you get a warranty only when it’s brand new and delivered by the agents. However, the ride is quite bumpy in the Terios because of its short wheel base. I am sure it is built well with hardly any defects. Fuel efficiency can also be expected to be very good. Overall it’s a good compact 4x4 machine that would be ideally suited for city running mainly and for a weekend excursion. But the price does not make sense to me because I think you can go for a Hyundai Tucson for that price which is a much better vehicle in all aspects.

Hi,.. Daihatsu is a brand that is also owned by Toyota. The Terios is the original vehicle developed by Daihatsu and this new edition Daihatsu engineers may have developed jointly or with some assistance from Toyota division. The new Terios has a full time 4 wheel drive system similar to the Toyota Prado. So the Rush is merely a rebadged Terios. Paying any thing more for the badges does not make sense to me and above all, you get a warranty only when it’s brand new and delivered by the agents. However, the ride is quite bumpy in the Terios because of its short wheel base. I am sure it is built well with hardly any defects. Fuel efficiency can also be expected to be very good. Overall it’s a good compact 4x4 machine that would be ideally suited for city running mainly and for a weekend excursion. But the price does not make sense to me because I think you can go for a Hyundai Tucson for that price which is a much better vehicle in all aspects.

Yes, but when you compare the maintanance cost and re-sale value, wouldn't Terios be a better choice? (not to mantion the customer care attitude of the parties in question :angry: !)

...and since he'll be doing more city running, wouldn't it be a bit easy on the purse for fuel? (hope gpmac can give me the rough consumption figures..... I know SUVs are not meant for fuel stingy people, but, in this day and age, that too matters :rolleyes: )

and by the way guys, does full time four wheel have any added issues over a few years of use?

We have a brand new Terios- apart from the astronomical price (lets face it US$ 50k for a mini SUV is nuts)...its been a fabulous machine.

Interior is (surprisingly) more spacious than the Previous-gen Escudo we had. Its a lot more maneuverable in traffic, and does ok on petrol (7-8 in the city...estimate 10+ outstation)- these are expected numbers given its continous AWD.

Softlogic service has been stellar, accommodating a trade in with our old vehicle, and setting up all the necessary paperwork/processing with minimal fuss for us.

The Rush is just badge re-engineering, and while there are some JDM options that are not available on the Domestic Terios, i still do not find them worth the premium price- and when you factor in warranty, servicing and after sales service, the Terios is the better deal.

Secondly, the question is, whether someone can tell me the pluses and minuses of the New Terios. This is for my Bro, who's looking for a compact SUV brand new / unregistered.. price around 5Mn

To my knowledge, Rush and Terios are same, except that Daihatsu and Toyota market them seperately.

Reasons for choosing are ground clearance and an 'acceptable' look. other than that, can someone tell me:

Thanks.

p.s: I did see MAS's Q about SUVs.... But my Bro doesn't think much about the representatives of Koreans :violent-smiley-099: , and would like a newer vehicle, if possible..

Hi,

Best wishes for a wonderful new year for all!!!

Well as an ex employee of S*** L****, I was a bit involved in doing the ground work to bring down the Terios and the Charade about 2 years back, a unique feature about the Terios was the fuel economy, being a SUV it was expected to do 12km city and above 15 outstation, but that was an estimate based on Japanese road conditions..so its up 2 you 2 decide a suitable figure for SL roads :)

U** W***** used to be the shittest in service but after the take over they have come up remarkebly, but still there are loop holes, which I personaly experienced when I took my car for service few months ago and I decided I will never step in to that plc again.

Daihatsu is a fully owned subcediary of Toyota, Crush n Terios are the same, u have to pay a premium for the name only..Terios is a good buy is you are looking for a brand new fuel ecomony vehicle, good for a small family..it was 3.8Mn initially I dont know how much it is now, but for 5Mn you can also go for a better second hand vehicle..

We have a brand new Terios- apart from the astronomical price (lets face it US$ 50k for a mini SUV is nuts)...its been a fabulous machine.

Interior is (surprisingly) more spacious than the Previous-gen Escudo we had. Its a lot more maneuverable in traffic, and does ok on petrol (7-8 in the city...estimate 10+ outstation)- these are expected numbers given its continous AWD.

Softlogic service has been stellar, accommodating a trade in with our old vehicle, and setting up all the necessary paperwork/processing with minimal fuss for us.

The Rush is just badge re-engineering, and while there are some JDM options that are not available on the Domestic Terios, i still do not find them worth the premium price- and when you factor in warranty, servicing and after sales service, the Terios is the better deal.

I think the Tucson 2WD (2000cc) does about 8 (AT).

Thanks.

Well... thanks for some really useful info guys... have one more thing to clear.... what's the long term down side of a full time 4wd?

But isn't a 2wd a bit of a risky option for an SUV? if U get stuck, for example....

A 2WD is risky of course, if you are planning on doing off-road stuff. If you think you will need 4WD, go for it.

For me, I am not going to do off-road, so a 2WD SUV is ideal for me.

• 3 years later...

my uncle bought the new Terios using a permit

and if your brother is looking for a compact SUV brand new this is the way to go

although it does look like a car it rides more like a SUV

spares etc should not be a problem as the agents seems to be doing a good job

so ask your brother to go for the test drive and see for himself

Hello,

Is it possible to get the fuel consumptions? How many Km/l?

Thanks,

Selva