• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ist Or Swift (new Shape Japanese)

MAS

Any recommendations on ride comfort/handling ?

fuel efficiency ?

interior space ?

options ?

Are there any known issues ? problems ? I heard (not sure) the Swift may have some fuel pump problems.

The IST costs around 28.5-29.5 (2004)

The Swift costs around 25-26 (2004)

Thanks

fuel efficiency ?

interior space ?

options ?

Are there any known issues ? problems ? I heard (not sure) the Swift may have some fuel pump problems.

Thanks

IST all the way. Better ride quality and fuel efficiency

Edited by Bose

fuel efficiency ?

interior space ?

options ?

Thanks

according to my knowladege full consumption

Swift is better than Ist. Swift long distance 16+ Km per letter :mellow: .

I prefer the Swift. It handles very well while the IST does not handle. The low speed ride of the IST is very smooth but go a bit fast on a poor road and its suspension crashes where the Swift is much better composed. In fact the Swift is quite nice to drive.

However I'm not sure about the fuel consumption. The general concensus is that Toyota's are very frugal.

fuel efficiency ?

interior space ?

options ?

Thanks

Both cars are in the same category for me. The price difference may be to the demand of the IST or just exaggeration in the SL market.

But definitely the 2nd hand market for the IST is guaranteed. Where-as the Swift looks better in shape for me.

I have driven both and would go with the swift. Better suspension and handling as well, plus its got a better interior than the IST.

yet IST is a nice car, yet the hard ride did not go with me well. however IMO both models prices are too much for a hatch, yet thats something we should live with the present tax system.

the swift is the better option its more fun to drive and it is better equipped, but the story in SL will be that the ist will always be easier to sell although is it not the better car of the two

also consider VVT swift model brand new from the agents, although it will cost more, u r getting a brand new vehicle for the price

the swift is the better option its more fun to drive and it is better equipped, but the story in SL will be that the ist will always be easier to sell although is it not the better car of the two

also consider VVT swift model brand new from the agents, although it will cost more, u r getting a brand new vehicle for the price

Brandnew model of Swift is from India.. I've heard bad comments about indian version of swift.. better stick with Japanese Recon Model.. Some say the Gear shifts like a bus (Like in Maruti 800) After couple of 1000 Kms.. :angry-smiley-048:

You can get a brand new Jap Suzuki Swift 1.5litre for around 3.375mil. Why would you go for a recon if you can buy that paying a bit extra. All magazines say that the Swift is a better vehicle than every car in its class. I even read on an Indian magazine where they agreed the swift is a good drive and better than the rest.

This was the first best car that Suzuki produced so why not go for it.

The Indian vehicle is the 1.3 and that also goes in the same amount as a recon swift.

Why not consider something like a Brand new Fiat Panda as well with warranty, it should be in that range. Only problem will be the resale value.

You can get a brand new Jap Suzuki Swift 1.5litre for around 3.375mil. Why would you go for a recon if you can buy that paying a bit extra. All magazines say that the Swift is a better vehicle than every car in its class. I even read on an Indian magazine where they agreed the swift is a good drive and better than the rest.

The Indian vehicle is the 1.3 and that also goes in the same amount as a recon swift.

Why not consider something like a Brand new Fiat Panda as well with warranty, it should be in that range. Only problem will be the resale value.

Wow does Swift cost 30375 mil. I thought it wes around 2.5 mil.

For that amount you can easily buy a brandnew Nissan Sunny. Check the link.

http://www.amwltd.com/nissan/html/buying.htm

(If this violates rules, sorry admins)

3.375m seems very pricey and in the Grande Punto teritory. I guess a recon one will fall into the right price range. The Panda is a smaller car than the Swift and so at 2.9m seems very steep IMHO.

3.375m seems very pricey and in the Grande Punto teritory. I guess a recon one will fall into the right price range. The Panda is a smaller car than the Swift and so at 2.9m seems very steep IMHO.

Maaan.. thats way too pricey.. you can get good Corolla 121 (Thailand Made) Unreg recon for that price.. who wants to get a Hatch for that price?? Damn!! :action-smiley-060:

Easy blame the government for the high prices. Let the market settle down and when the time is just right for the people to buy comes the increase in duty rates.... :violent-smiley-099:

Grande Punto is 3.8mil.

No. Two of my pals bought for 3.5m. Maybe the 16v is 3.8?

I think its the new price. The high spec is 3.9 and the sports (3 door) is in the 4mil range.

Anyhow I think the Grande Punto is a direct competitor to the Suzuki Swift. I prefer the Suzuki over it as it is better to drive and better on performance.

I think its the new price. The high spec is 3.9 and the sports (3 door) is in the 4mil range.

Anyhow I think the Grande Punto is a direct competitor to the Suzuki Swift. I prefer the Suzuki over it as it is better to drive and better on performance.

Damn that's a lot. I guess this is the after the budget. Anyway it's so over-specced - Cruise control anyone? Yes the Punto is while the Panda is class lower. The 8v is under powered, but the car is so desirable. Btw OT, but I saw a Swift Sport the other day. Any idea how much an unreg one would be?