• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belts

noaim

Seat Belts  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear ur seat belt?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the situation
    • Whats a seat belt?

I always do. And I've experienced the positive results too, when I walked out unhurt from a crash at 180kmph!

It makes a lot of difference!

Didn't you take a bump in the head resulting in ur current mental condition? :girl_crazy::blum3:

On Topic, I always do too. However short the ride. Got so used to it, it feels like something is wrong when I don't have it on.

feel highly vulnerable if I dont wear em. Insist that other passengers do as well (though ladies dont seem to like to wear them cos of ahem ahem). However ladies/men in the States and UK that i have seen always do wear them as second nature, wish this was the case in SL also. I think somehow younger people in SL think theyre too cool to wear seatbelts while a lot of the rest are just ignorant about the benefits (they only think of the 0.01% of times where we hear that the seatbelt was a hindrance for someone to get away safely from a crash.) I remember about 15 years ago the then government started a big noise about not allowing small kids to ride in the front seat and pulling over cars where the people are not wearing seatbelts, but guess that died out after about a month.

always worn them and insist the passengers to wear them until the shotgun's belt retainer bolt came off the body recently :(

threads of the bolt has been worn out after being loose... have to get a new bolt and try my luck and see if it'll hold...

which brings us to the subject of checking that sorta stuff in your car... :)

I always do. And I've experienced the positive results too, when I walked out unhurt from a crash at 180kmph!

It makes a lot of difference!

Totally agree. had a similar experience, at a slightly lower speed though. I was suprisingly unhurt. which is more than I can say bout the driver, who was very serioulsy injured cos he wasn't wearing his belt. Prolly would have been curtains for me if i hadn't been wearing mine...

Always do....

Get in the car...insert the key and turn it on.... Wear the seat belt.... start the engine after the A/B light goes out... check the mirrors... gear on and drive.... It’s like a routine, never missing a step.

It’s very important even you drive very slowly or just a 100 meters distance. You never know what’ll happen. Once I got knocked at a colour light by a car which doesn’t have a single thread on his tyres :angry: (a medical rep with full of boxes in his station wagon). I was stalled for the Red light and he knocked @ a very high speed. If not for my seat belts... I don’t know.... :angel-smiley-026:

Even when I’m a passenger I always do... But sometimes some seat belts are bloody dirty. Looks like never pulled out :wacko:

I always do wear it. I know the value of it coz i lost one of my friends coz he didn't wear the seat belt :(

Unfortunately the majority in SL do not wear it. This is the reason of many having serious injuries when involved in accidents even at low speeds.

Actually I prefer if it is possible. Not sure if seat belts are standeredized in any other country for public transport.

In the UK seat belts are now mandatory on coaches used for long distance travel, but normal buses do not have them, and it isn't really practical as they take standing passengers too. This is possibly the same in other countries too.

In the UK seat belts are now mandatory on coaches used for long distance travel, but normal buses do not have them, and it isn't really practical as they take standing passengers too. This is possibly the same in other countries too.

I think the government should impose more strict laws in SL for the use of seat belts, they should give more focuss on it than the drivers who are just exceeding the speed limits.....

ALWAYS – even if it’s for a short distance… U never know when a moron might come and slam u from behind…

Surprised (In a happy way ) that no one had voted “ what’s a seatbelt ?” if that were the case ……. Never mind ……

Guys – it’s nothing to do with been posh- S.Belts should be worn at all times – even passenger (front mainly) just look at the havoc on the road….. U never know when where the next moron is going to come from no matter how safe U drive ….

ALWAYS – even if it’s for a short distance… U never know when a moron might come and slam u from behind…

Surprised (In a happy way ) that no one had voted “ what’s a seatbelt ?” if that were the case ……. Never mind ……

Guys – it’s nothing to do with been posh- S.Belts should be worn at all times – even passenger (front mainly) just look at the havoc on the road….. U never know when where the next moron is going to come from no matter how safe U drive ….

believe me seat belt for passengers in the back seat is also very important

a guy i know went and hit a wall wihout taking a turn in a car , no one was wearing seat belts, the guy in the back seat broke his arm

another accident car with a bus both back passengers were killed , one pasenger was pushed between the two front seats where her face was badly damaged by hitting the gear lever

• 2 months later...
even i have good exp...i think ppl should always wear the seat belts..and most importantly the should clean it and check wether its working properly..can any one tell me where we can buy new seat belts to replace the old broken ones..and i think the governmet can check the condition of these belts before they annual liacnce renewal