• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan GTR - Review

JwesT

Nissan has already fettled and come up with a newer, slightly tweaked version two.

Changes :

5bhp hike to 478bhp

1mpg rise in fuel economy to 24mpg

Fuel tank capacity increases from 71 to 73.8 litres

Brake calipers are now badged Nissan as opposed to Brembo

'Series I' cars will cost 5% less than 'Series II' cars

car_photo_292494_25.jpg

car_photo_292491_25.jpg

hmmm something doesn't seem right about that - almost too plasticky looking , even for an LM car

some PS play involved? :unsure::huh:

thats what most of the others are also suspecting...lets wait and see what nissan would come up with.. :)

Edited by GearHead

Nissan has already fettled and come up with a newer, slightly tweaked version two.

Changes :

5bhp hike to 478bhp

1mpg rise in fuel economy to 24mpg

Fuel tank capacity increases from 71 to 73.8 litres

Brake calipers are now badged Nissan as opposed to Brembo

'Series I' cars will cost 5% less than 'Series II' cars

car_photo_292494_25.jpg

car_photo_292491_25.jpg

The official announcement will be made by Nissan in early December (8th) but we have received the details early for those interested.

Pricing for the Nissan GT-R in Japan is on the rise as expected and while we gave the figure of 5% last week the actual increase is closer to 10%.

Base Model - Up 840,000 yen to 8,610,000 yen

Black Edition - Up 892,500 yen to 8,820,000 yen

Premium Edition - Up 892,500 yen to 9,240,000

Other changes

Brake Hose stiffness increased

Official name for the new white is Brilliant White Pearl and is a shared colour with the new Nissan 370z.

Brilliant White Pearl officially replaces the Ivory Pearl white

Ultimate Silver paint up 52,500 yen to 367,500 yen

Wheel colour change - Not exactly sure on the details of this

Black Edition will now be fitted with the Dunlop tires with a change to the Bridgestone as an option

A few more changes are rumoured but not confirmed yet:

European specification suspension will be fitted to the Japanese model

iPod adaptor and MFD functions will come from the US version to the Japanese version

Circuit mode enabled for more locations

Edited by GearHead

2008 L.A. Auto Show: 2010 Nissan GT-R Loses Launch Control

09nissangtractf3425551fi6.jpg

w555.png

With the Internet bursting with ugly tales of GT-R launch control abuse, broken transaxles and void warranties, a nasty rumor began; that the 2010 Nissan GT-R won't have launch control.

Could it be? Really?

So we asked and asked and asked. We asked three Nissan employees: one from the public relations department, one from engineering and one high-ranking executive. The first two confirmed its removal was being considered seriously, but the decision had not yet been made. Then the high-ranking executive confirmed the bad news.

"It's gone," he said when asked if launch control would return in 2010. "We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control." -- Kelly Toepke, News Editor

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008...ch-control.html

Edited by GearHead

2008 L.A. Auto Show: 2010 Nissan GT-R Loses Launch Control

09nissangtractf3425551fi6.jpg

w555.png

With the Internet bursting with ugly tales of GT-R launch control abuse, broken transaxles and void warranties, a nasty rumor began; that the 2010 Nissan GT-R won't have launch control.

Could it be? Really?

So we asked and asked and asked. We asked three Nissan employees: one from the public relations department, one from engineering and one high-ranking executive. The first two confirmed its removal was being considered seriously, but the decision had not yet been made. Then the high-ranking executive confirmed the bad news.

"It's gone," he said when asked if launch control would return in 2010. "We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control." -- Kelly Toepke, News Editor

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008...ch-control.html

I was just about to post this new development ... pretty sad that they try to pass it off as "it'll make the 2009 GT-R really special ... " ... although without launch control, a local guy did run some amazing 1/4mile numbers faster than those done with launch control in the past. Still, pretty sad that they had to disable a feature (which they hyped up so much about this car) in the car than fix the underlying cause of the warranty issues. Hope they honor the warranties from the 2009 cars though ... Imagine Ferrari recalling all their cars with LC and disabling them?

i'd have thought it had flipped... :unsure:

I though the same when i saw the pic for the first time.But.."JustJap, the racing team that purchased it needed to cut it up to import it back to Australia"...they must have taken this pic while the cutting job was in progress...:) there is a small video of the cutting process.I'll try to find the link and post it later on

Edited by GearHead

I was just about to post this new development ... pretty sad that they try to pass it off as "it'll make the 2009 GT-R really special ... " ... although without launch control, a local guy did run some amazing 1/4mile numbers faster than those done with launch control in the past. Still, pretty sad that they had to disable a feature (which they hyped up so much about this car) in the car than fix the underlying cause of the warranty issues. Hope they honor the warranties from the 2009 cars though ... Imagine Ferrari recalling all their cars with LC and disabling them?

yup saw some 1/4mile times posted in the internet and i think mid 11s is pretty good time for a stock car...also heard that some guys managed to hit late 10s, but I am not sure if it was modified or not..Should dig in a bit :)

yea agree with you about the LC issue...the car was designed with such a feature built into it, but the owners are not allowed to use it. Forget the LC, but why not at least give them the right to turn the bloody VDC off. Also heard that some guy was going to bring a class action law suit against Nissan. But what I don’t understand here is the fact that why Nissan wouldn't come up and explain a bit more about what they mean by 'ABUSE'..Is it 2 launches? Or 10? Or what?

Edited by GearHead

• 1 month later...