• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Mistubishi Owners In The Forum?

evilmak

I think you went through two cycles of evolutions during this time frame. Should have waited till December and made it three and replied :D .

and Salsa MR says you haven't driven your Dewale Evo during the same time frame :)

Edited by Charith

Hi ,

Machan i am intrested in a Mirage CA to for purchase, over rall how is the car ? the availability of spares ( b'caus our socale car market worship's toyota ) . What are the options and engine capacities available , Is the engine upgradeable ?wating for a reply . . .!

I am not a car expert by any means, hence I mightn't be able to give you the level of technical details you require...But I will list the pros and cons from a laymans view.

Pros

----

1. Absolute pleasure to drive

2. Ample accelaration to drive in colombo roads

3. In 3 years I have been using no engine troubles at all

4. Lancer CB2 spares can be used

5. 4G15 engine, afaik has enough spares in the market

6. UM got all most anything, albeit expencive price

7. I certainly think engine is upgradeable. I have seen some websites dedicated to upgrade mirages.

http://tech.mirage-performance.com/MirageG...generations.htm

8. 8-10 km/l depending on your driving style within city

Cons

-----

1. Low ground clearance, gives me heart attacks on rainy days when roads get flooded.

2. Not enough space in the back seat

3. Carb model

4. Some garage ppl dont know the car model well.

5. Normal issues 14 year old car would have. eg. Waterjacket rusted etc

Hope this helps. In my opinion its a great little car.

• 1 year later...

saw this thread only today... Mitsubishi owner? yes. having an old machine and an ex mitsubishi owner as well. My first car was a Mitsubishi Lancer AKA Tube Light model.

one year ago I acquired a Fiore, this is 1985 model, reg no 15 and impressively this has 4G15 engine. I feel like it has excessive power to pull it's light weigh body. Can wheel spin in both 1st 'n 2nd gears. No any mods except the beat barrel and the alloys. Engine is completely stock but smooth and straight. As standard options it has a/c, power steering, 5fwd box, power mirrors, RPM meters all that. Drive it once in two weeks like and its fun to drive around colombo. Must say, less troublesome than the 406 :unsure:

Velocity and Miniace thanks for remembering me !!

incidentally I wonder if there are any other 1993-1995 Mirage Coupe' owners and if any of them have the ASTI Z variant ?

The Don

You've got a 4G92 MIVEC? Is this the champagne one that was at Ratmalana/Mount Lavinia? And wondering if Dinesh Senanayake's black thingy was an Asti?

to those who loves old lancers ...

library474oqj7.jpg

w672.png

more pics

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/10/24...lancer-gsr.aspx

Whatever happened to the 1600 GSR that was racing in early/mid 90s? Love to see it back!

You've got a 4G92 MIVEC? Is this the champagne one that was at Ratmalana/Mount Lavinia? And wondering if Dinesh Senanayake's black thingy was an Asti?

Whatever happened to the 1600 GSR that was racing in early/mid 90s? Love to see it back!

No Silver, mine is a 4G91. The 4G92 engine came in the generation after my car (1995 onwards I think)

Thanks Grand Civic for including me in….. have been a Mitsu owner for past 11 years and they are great cars….

Also include Charith (Evo 9 RS) :)

What the............ I have a monte with 200K miles on it and still running!!!! and you know what, unlike those POS EVO RS' types, one of my power windows still work!!!!

yeah tubelight model cars are damm good

why dont you post the pics if you dont mind of both ur mitsubishis (fiore n tubelight)

saw this thread only today... Mitsubishi owner? yes. having an old machine and an ex mitsubishi owner as well. My first car was a Mitsubishi Lancer AKA Tube Light model.

one year ago I acquired a Fiore, this is 1985 model, reg no 15 and impressively this has 4G15 engine. I feel like it has excessive power to pull it's light weigh body. Can wheel spin in both 1st 'n 2nd gears. No any mods except the beat barrel and the alloys. Engine is completely stock but smooth and straight. As standard options it has a/c, power steering, 5fwd box, power mirrors, RPM meters all that. Drive it once in two weeks like and its fun to drive around colombo. Must say, less troublesome than the 406 :unsure:

• 9 months later...
I've got a Mitsubishi Lancer Fiore.. Awsome car... and alot of fun to drive

And also , i would want you to view this link , see what they ve done to lancer fiore's in malayasia , they have this club called FIORE club, this is interesting to watch,

• 1 year later...

Milano 340 - Currently using a 2002 Lancer CS2A - GDI version - No Complaints so far and a great drive !! , got a few beauty mods,not messed with the engine though!

Been a Mitsu fan through out and have been using these cars over the years

1. Pajero '97

2. Lancer Fiore

3. Lancer Station Wagon

4. Colt '90

5. L200

cheers!