• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: The Jdm Battle :::

Andrew_GTR

Honda VS Toyota VS Nissan VS Mazda VS Subaru VS Mitsubishi  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for ur favourite Automotive giant from Japan..!!

• Honda
    • Toyota
    • Nissan
    • Mazda
    • Subaru
    • Mitsubishi

Right...Here goes...someone requested this on another thread so i thought what the hell....now we will know the real extent of JDM lovers on this forum....pick ur favourite make and tell us why... This thread is either gonna be extremely interesting or Madz mite have ta delete it soon... :D Guys this a good thread to get ur 'Warning' levels up....LoL....Guys think clearly before u vote!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan. Reasons?...

2 of my favourite cars to come out of Japan are Nissans, Skys and Zs

My current car is a Nissan

My former car was a Nissan

LoL....mine are pretty much the same....the 1st car i eva drove was a nissan...the 1st car i fell in love with was a nissan...the 1st car i eva crashed was a nissan..LoL....and the 1st car i bought was a nissan :(

Hey Andrew,

Definitely I’m going for the Subaru :( ……Because; Subaru is the best car in Japan(!! I THINK !! ) ….But Mitsubishi Also good! But my choice will be, this Subaru …& this is a good sport’s car In Japan Too( Subaru WRX Sti8 )

>This is a fabulous Topic to talk …… KIT-

Hey Andrew,

Definitely I’m going for the Subaru :( ……Because; Subaru is the best car in Japan(!! I THINK !! ) ….But Mitsubishi Also good! But my choice will be, this Subaru …& this is a good sport’s car In Japan Too( Subaru WRX Sti8 )

>This is a fabulous Topic to talk …… KIT-

Hey man...hell yeah i love subaru too!!! But my personal fav has always been and will be nissan...but yup i love subaru...nothing beats the sound of a Boxer EJ20 with a straight through....thats a killer sound on any road...

this is a tough poll to pick from.. they all have their plus points.. but here's a surprising decision.. i picked the honda... why you ask...

first car i ever bought was a 89 prelude Si.. so i picked it for total sentimental reasons ...

will you ever talk to me pericles :(

Hey man...hell yeah i love subaru too!!! But my personal fav has always been and will be nissan...but yup i love subaru...nothing beats the sound of a Boxer EJ20 with a straight through....thats a killer sound on any road...

Yeah, u can always tell when a Impreza or a Legacy comes up just by the sound. I remember we met up at Malabe for an R/C session, and I heard the noise from across the paddy feilds, and turned to see a superb B4, nice kit, not too extravagent, nicely done car. sweeet.

I have video of Nigel running Pannala after a someone rear ended the Scooby and caused his silencer to fall off :D Ella sound on that too :(

first car i ever bought was a 89 prelude Si.. so i picked it for total sentimental reasons ...

will you ever talk to me pericles ;)

Yeah, well, I had sentimentality on mine too.

Nissan.. why :- they made the SKYLINE GTR

Groan .... OK, that does it. I'm buying that model Z-Tune. I was playing with the idea, but didn't want to coz the guy asked 5.5k for it (1:24 I think) I'm gonna get it during the weekend.

Say bye to ur birthday present max. Or since I gave u that GT-R model sometime ago for no reason, consider that ur early present :(

wouldn't it be cheaper to source it from abroad. 5.5k for a 1:24 is a bit nuts in my opinion...but to each his own ;)

Its sorta a project thing. U get a standard GT-R and the kit to do it up like a Z-tune. bumpers, hood, seats,full exhaust, the Rays wheels, stickers. Plus some customisable options, like moving the spring height +or- 3mm, and stuff like that. He also has a Silvia and a RX-8 with the same concept. Standard car, and kit to fit. Want the RX-8? Not sure how much for those cars. I might get a discount if I buy a lot :( I'm planning for at least 2 more cars from that joint, in addition to a fuel powered R/C buggy sometime later this year. :D

Bugger also has the Apexi RX7 that won Formula D. Superbly detailed model. Dilan would go nuts over it.

I chose Nissan..All I have is a Sunny though. It's not racing material but at least I find it very reliable. Took it up to around 150 once but it started shuddering a bit after that :( But at least their big brother is the Skyline :D

I chose Honda, mainly becasue its still one of the last truly Japanese car makers left, nearly all the others have been taken over by an overseas company. IMO as standard road cars go, Honda make the best N/A engines around! Just look at the S2000 ;)

as much as i luv subaru...i pick nissan...

like u andrew the first car i smashed was a nissan, first car i bought was a nissan and the first car back seat i blessed was a nissan and loads of other reasons...

sentiments here too...n i own two of em ;) sunny n cefiro

and the first car back seat i blessed was a nissan and loads of other reasons...

PLEASE don't elaborate on this.

I drive a Honda, but love Toyota. Now thats f*cked up, uh?

But I only bought the Honda cause Toyota haven't made any proper sports cars recently.

U could try the Elise. Toyota engine on that ;)

I chose Honda, mainly becasue its still one of the last truly Japanese car makers left, nearly all the others have been taken over by an overseas company. IMO as standard road cars go, Honda make the best N/A engines around! Just look at the S2000 ;)

Out of the big names as far as I know Toyota and Mitsubishi are also still fully Japanese as well. And so is Subaru, after GM sold their stake last year. Nissan though is nearly half owned by Renault(thanks in part to Subaru) and as for the rest I don't know. Maybe someone can start a "who owns who" thread here, should be interesting.

Out of the big names as far as I know Toyota and Mitsubishi are also still fully Japanese as well. And so is Subaru, after GM sold their stake last year. Nissan though is nearly half owned by Renault(thanks in part to Subaru) and as for the rest I don't know. Maybe someone can start a "who owns who" thread here, should be interesting.

According to the Wiki,

"Renault has a stake of 44.4 per cent in Japanese automaker Nissan together with which they form the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Nissan in turn took a 15 per cent stake in Renault in 2002. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault

Ok here goes.... I drive a Toyota... Why.... extremely Reliable....parts cheap and easy to find....good resale value and cheep to maintain....Dream car now that’s a different story.....Nissan. Purely for what the sky line is...straight road....more power than I could handle .. always willing to give unlike wives and girl friends....Then comes Subaru sti's...just cant get over what those babes do at the rally’s...

Surprisingly I see not Mitsubishi lovers .. Y no evo fanciers in the forum ... surprise.. surprise.....

I've been a huge Toyota fan for ages, but couldn't go with it..they've just been too boring lately. Was really battling between Subaru and Honda..love how those subarus sound, and they're great cars in every way.

But I just had to go with Honda. They're extremely reliable, tons of fun to drive, hold value like crazy, and you've got to appreciate the advances they've made when it comes to fuel efficiency, emissions controls, and simplicity of design..all while still making extremely driveable, affordable, and fun cars.

Nissans have never seemed great to me. The Skyline is a great car, but apart from that they're very bland I think. I've only driven their lower-end cars like sunnys, marchs and cefiros..all of which lacked good handling and driving pleasure..didn't feel nimble at al, and felt like there was absolutely no connection between the steering wheel, the pedals, the engine, and the road. Just my opinion...