• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oldest Car U'd Love To Own..

seeker

I would LOVE to have a Volkswagen Karmann Ghia.. :jumping-smiley-013:

Simple engine and mechanics and i think it looks awesome.. For me it`s a stunning machine in terms of Looks, Simplicity and renown VW beetle reliability... :rolleyes:

My father loves that car as well.... But you dont see that many on the roads anymore do you.... does anyone know how much a karmannGhia sells for?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father loves that car as well.... But you dont see that many on the roads anymore do you.... does anyone know how much a karmannGhia sells for?

About an year ago there was one advertised for 1 Mil on another magazine.

About an year ago there was one advertised for 1 Mil on another magazine.

WOW! thats quite exoensive i guess, considerng its going the VW beetles's platform... The engine's the same as the beetle as well right?

Anyway, i dont quite like old cars, but my dad's kinda crazy over them... he got a old Mercedes 170, as a restoration project, but still its sitting in our gagare, cos nither he nor I have the time.

One car i think is pretty nice is the dodge charger. Oh and the Shelby GT500KR (form gone in 60 seconds) is dam appeaing too :)

another car that's amazing is a Mercedes 540K, but i somehow cant imagine mself driving one... those lines are soo beautiful..

Such a tough question. Love the AC cobra, DB4/5, Jag e type, but for me it would be the classic ferrari's ..GTO, dino but ultimately to own it would have to be a Ferrari California Spyder. Also as a cruiser i would pick a subtlety pimped 1962 Chevy impala

44c57a6030yr2.jpg

Mine will be a Peugeot 203 from the 1950's. Looking at buying one now as it happens. They are pretty rare here in the UK and seems to fetch up to 10,000 pounds sterling for a top one. I cant afford that so the hunt-the one I am looking for is the wrong colour etc for that period, so will see how it goes. In nearly 25 years here I have probably seen one parked up. Never seen one being driven on a road.

Maithri.

I dnt have a good idea about the price at the moment.. But i dont think it`ll be really difficult to complete a restoration project if one can find a specimen in reasonably good shape.. The platform is identical to the beetle (engine and mechanicals) except that the chasis is a bit wider.. I would love to find one and restore.. :rolleyes: Sad thing is im yet to see one of these beauties in perfect shape even in a motor show.. :(

Edited by MrCat

but ultimately to own it would have to be a Ferrari California Spyder.

Ferris Bueller's Day Out?

My personal favourite would have to be the famous Blue Train Bentley Speed Six Coupe. Unfortunately the only one in existence is owned by the famous McCaw brothers so I'll never get to own it. Google the story, its phenomenal.

This being unattainable, it would have to be Ferris' 250 GT California. In fact most of the 250 series are drop-dead gorgeous and I'd love to own any of them.

Hey where is this car??

machan this belongs to my uncle, & he is not willin to sell ( i have tried my level best , but didnt work )

the car has not been started for 2 years & unfortunately my uncle have migrated & this car is in a relatives place.

which will very soon go in for a complete restoration.

Edited by MRM

machan this belongs to my uncle, & he is not willin to sell ( i have tried my level best , but didnt work )

the car has not been started for 2 years & unfortunately my uncle have migrated & this car is in a relatives place.

Thats a waste of good car. Why wont he sell if he has migrated? Machang any place I can check to see about this car racing in SL?

Would love to see it in detail, but then again if the owner doesnt want to part with it what to do.

• 6 months later...
waay to many to choose one from. But I'd really like a Pontiac FireBird.. while anyone of 'em would do, but the 1978 TransAm t-top is a fav

there is one such car lying around... needs some serious TLC from what i hear... all yours for a 6 digit figure :)

Im not a old car lover but this 17 year old car can consider as old one :)

BUGATTI EB110 GT

The Bugatti EB110 from Bugatti is one of the most celebrated cars in automotive history. It was unveiled on September 15, 1991 in both Versailles and in front of the Grande Arche at La D?fense in Paris, France exactly 110 years after Ettore Bugatti's birth. The powerplant is one of the most advanced and complex engines ever created while the chassis and design is just as superb

Make and Model: Bugatti EB110 GT

Year: 1991

Engine Type: 3.5 Liter Quad Turbo V12

Torque: 480lb-ft@4200rpm

Acceleration 0-60: 4.4 s

Suspension: double wishbone

Wheel Base: 100.4 inches

List Price: $350,000

Horsepower: 611bhp@8250rpm

Top Speed: 207 mph

Brakes: Vented Discs w/ Vacuum Assist & ABS

Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Weight: 3940 lbs

bugatti-eb110-gt-front-1_69.jpg

bugatti-eb110-gt-side-2_69.jpg

bugatti-eb110-gt-back-3_69.jpg

Ferris Bueller's Day Out?

My personal favourite would have to be the famous Blue Train Bentley Speed Six Coupe. Unfortunately the only one in existence is owned by the famous McCaw brothers so I'll never get to own it. Google the story, its phenomenal.

This being unattainable, it would have to be Ferris' 250 GT California. In fact most of the 250 series are drop-dead gorgeous and I'd love to own any of them.

good film that was, ferris buller's day off..

Is this white 1600 that was raced by Upul Perera? Awesome car, that... Hows the restoration process coming along?

As for the Oldest car I'd like to own, would be the 1968 300SEL 6.8 AMG (W109)

w109amg682bbd5.th.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9323/w109amg.htm

me i wil go for the 1966 mustang coupe ... i'm looking for one to buy for the money which i have so i can repair it little by little and keep it as a project for some time but the once which i found r bloddy expencive

1966fordmustangfastbackfr0.jpg

Is this white 1600 that was raced by Upul Perera? Awesome car, that... Hows the restoration process coming along?

As for the Oldest car I'd like to own, would be the 1968 300SEL 6.8 AMG (W109)

w109amg682bbd5.th.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9323/w109amg.htm

really strange coincidence , but S_N told me but a few hours back that there is one 1960's 300SEL in the island , but the car has since been left to rot for some odd reason and now is more or less just a heap of metal! :o

...seeing is believing though... :mellow:

so all this is for now is hearesay

really strange coincidence , but S_N told me but a few hours back that there is one 1960's 300SEL in the island , but the car has since been left to rot for some odd reason and now is more or less just a heap of metal! :o

...seeing is believing though... :mellow:

so all this is for now is hearesay

Whoa... need to do some checking in on that! Now that would be a nice restoration project! :) Keep us updated if you find anything about it?

Im not a old car lover but this 17 year old car can consider as old one :)

BUGATTI EB110 GT

The Bugatti EB110 from Bugatti is one of the most celebrated cars in automotive history. It was unveiled on September 15, 1991 in both Versailles and in front of the Grande Arche at La D?fense in Paris, France exactly 110 years after Ettore Bugatti's birth. The powerplant is one of the most advanced and complex engines ever created while the chassis and design is just as superb

Make and Model: Bugatti EB110 GT

Year: 1991

Engine Type: 3.5 Liter Quad Turbo V12

Torque: 480lb-ft@4200rpm

Acceleration 0-60: 4.4 s

Suspension: double wishbone

Wheel Base: 100.4 inches

List Price: $350,000

Horsepower: 611bhp@8250rpm

Top Speed: 207 mph

Brakes: Vented Discs w/ Vacuum Assist & ABS

Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Weight: 3940 lbs

Great car even if I am not so fond of the looks. I think Schuey bought an SS.