• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Number Plates

k89

can some one tell me what is the law about Black & Silver (Rear) licence plates. my vw bug is 7 sri.

Hey bro, this is OT ........

Whats the progress on your VW ?

Project completed ? B)

can some one tell me what is the law about Black & Silver (Rear) licence plates. my vw bug is 7 sri.

The yellow background is required by law but hardly enforced on the oldies. If and when they do, its how well you present your 'originality and that how it came' argument.

Worst case (most of the cops go easy on oldies anyway) its a warning or a small fine. Small price to pay for originality.

this may be a bit OT, but a uncle of mine once told me the actual reaosn why Sri Lanka enforced the law of rear plates needing to be yellow. Aparently some minister of ours had gone overseas and seen the yellow plates being used for the rear lisence plate in some european country and had decided to impement it in SL. but the reason that the yellow plate was used was because under misty/foggy situation the yellow plate would reflect light better, and in a way act as a reflector for other trailling motorists.... So thus in a way its useless in SL... I really dont know how far this story is true, maybe someone else knows a bit more about it... quite ammusing isnt it, how we adopt foriegn concepts so easily...

this may be a bit OT, but a uncle of mine once told me the actual reaosn why Sri Lanka enforced the law of rear plates needing to be yellow. Aparently some minister of ours had gone overseas and seen the yellow plates being used for the rear lisence plate in some european country and had decided to impement it in SL. but the reason that the yellow plate was used was because under misty/foggy situation the yellow plate would reflect light better, and in a way act as a reflector for other trailling motorists.... So thus in a way its useless in SL... I really dont know how far this story is true, maybe someone else knows a bit more about it... quite ammusing isnt it, how we adopt foriegn concepts so easily...

Has its uses upcountry then ;)