• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Airtel Is Comming Soon To Sri Lanka

raveen

Who will be the #1? Dialog?? Airtel? or?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Number One mobile network provider in the future?

• Bharathi Airtel
    • DialogGSM
    • Tigo
    • Hutch
    • Mobitel

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Post paid & Prepaid both got common rates, difference is the free out going calls u get per month. and I'm sure Sri Lankans got disappointed with these new Airtel rates (and its per minute billing) I don't find any reason to switch from my Dialog package to Airtel. Actually I expected more attractive rates from Airtel.

Personally, I thought that at least Airtel will give a good fight against Dialog GSM. But now I feel like it will be another Hutch :rolleyes:

The Prepaid is a good deal since Dialog KIT charges 3 rupees for D2D and 5 rupees for D2ND.

But my question is,

Is this tariff an offer kinda thing and will they increase the prices later? Cos I've seen on the TV commercial saying the 2 rupees tariff is until a certain date. (can't remember the date)

The Prepaid is a good deal since Dialog KIT charges 3 rupees for D2D and 5 rupees for D2ND.

But my question is,

Is this tariff an offer kinda thing and will they increase the prices later? Cos I've seen on the TV commercial saying the 2 rupees tariff is until a certain date. (can't remember the date)

atm, they're promoting the prepaid.

the charges, as u said, will be increased a bit after 31st March. (OG from 2/- to 2.50/-) i think

Yes Post paid & Prepaid both got common rates, difference is the free out going calls u get per month. and I'm sure Sri Lankans got disappointed with these new Airtel rates (and its per minute billing) I don't find any reason to switch from my Dialog package to Airtel. Actually I expected more attractive rates from Airtel.

Personally, I thought that at least Airtel will give a good fight against Dialog GSM. But now I feel like it will be another Hutch :rolleyes:

Exactly. No reason to change from Dialog to Airtel. Even Dialog charging only 50% after 3rd minute which is more less than Airtel. This is not what we expected from Airtel. Got some information from Airtel that they got a good response for Prepaid but nothing for post paid.

the charges, as u said, will be increased a bit after 31st March. (OG from 2/- to 2.50/-) i think

So why don't they mention the charges which Airtel is gonna charge after the 31st of march. So the customers can consider whether they go for Airtel. If the rates are more higher after 31of March, We will see people switch back to their previous network.

But my question is,

Machung activate your blaster rights with My10 for a better deal ... :)

and the date is 31st March...

Edited by isam

Machung activate your blaster rights with My10 for a better deal ... :)

and the date is 31st March...

yeah between the 1000 minutes free and the Rs1 call rates to those 10 numbers and the added convenience of not having to change ones number, the per second blaster offers the best value for money as i see it!

Certainly better than the old Super500 package in terms of the added benefits at a lower Rs300 monthly rental

I don't know why they mention this "Valid till 31st March" statement. Gov law? :unsure: or because of a stupid advisor? :rolleyes:

OR are they planing to *reduce* prices after that? (a marketing gimmick)

Yeah, Dialog Blaster with 1000 min D2D free is the best package on the mobile market.

Anyone got an idea about Airtel's coverage and signals? coz i heard its bit poor is it true?

(They are using same hutch towers :unsure:) any Airtel user?

I think the valid till March thing is for the package availability... not for the rates IMO. Really fickle this mobile market! One provider can spend billions of Rs on branding and services and a new fellow comes in an offers a couple of cents cheaper rate and you got quos lining up to get connections! I guess the sentiment is that we finally have a proper alternative to the big two. Mobile providers really need to start rethinking their strategies!

Airtel is not selling sim cards, they givin it for free, but for prepaid connections with the free sim need to buy 100 Rs recharge card, even for Agents and delers Airtell is not giving enough sim cards, per day single shop minimum sim sale sale is 300 and max to 1000+

Few months back we got a 3000Rs bill for our dialog IVR sim and we never take any calls from the IVR so after we complain they said no need to pay, just imagine if that bill come for a normal customer he will pay it ryte ?

that dusnt amount to a hidden charge, does it?

a possible billing error.

but can u explain this? 3000/- for IVR only???

that dusnt amount to a hidden charge, does it?

a possible billing error.

but can u explain this? 3000/- for IVR only???

see lods of people complain to us after they recharge their account sometimes not even half of amount is not recharged and they also complain when they take 1 minute phne call more than 10 rs debet from account etc, cus we dealing with 1000 of customers daily they think we responsible for those companies, so other than complaning to the company they come and complin to us, only few complain abt Tigo and Mobitel,

Anyway i feel like u working at Dialog, and there are lods of friends of mine also workn in dialog too, frenchise back office etc, even they say so many people complain abt hidden rates etc, anyway the way people getn Airtell sims im sure Dialog will loose their so call million customers, Airtell only efcted dialog sales, still Mobitel sales are unchanged,

Abt these hidden charges and sales talk with Delers and sub delers, they the one who know it, thats why every month every single comany comes and collect information abt their sales and other sales too