• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Airtel Is Comming Soon To Sri Lanka

raveen

Who will be the #1? Dialog?? Airtel? or?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Number One mobile network provider in the future?

• Bharathi Airtel
    • DialogGSM
    • Tigo
    • Hutch
    • Mobitel

Yes LB do have their own cable . However SLT does not own the Se-Me-We cable as such. The landing station is SLT . The consortium consists of several international telecom providers wo are joint owners of the cable.

Barathi coming out with fibre is yet unknown but if it does –YES the roads are going to get damaged <_<:(

Correct. Sorry for my ignorance. I just wrote without any detailed information because I thought nobody is interested in detail. Anyway youre correct. SMW4 is belong to SMW consortium which is driven by 16 owners and network consists of 17 landing points. Bharat telecom is already a member of SMW4 and Lankabell is a seperate (falcon) cable. We have done most of landings in Sri Lanka starting from SMW1 and presently doing all maintenance for SMW4, Lankabell and DSCN sri Lanka and Maldives. If anybody interested in submarine cables, i can give more details.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

Barathi coming out with fibre is yet unknown but if it does –YES the roads are going to get damaged <_<:(

Machang, talking about damaging roads, I remember Dialog did this a while back with their fibre optic cables, and in fact I curse them everytime I drive down galle road..........especially in the wellawatte / dehiwala area :rolleyes:

cus we in this business if some one say Dialog is the best its a big lie, even they have a huge coustomer base they will loose it in next couple of years, in 2008 Mobitel and Tigo share the most Sim card prepaid sales and Dialog is the last, Most Dialog users goin for Mobitel conections and with the New

"UPHARA" package for government workers they have a chance to be the Number 1, As i know Airtell call chargers are low, now very low, so if they have any idea to be the number one then they need to do lods of fighting with Mobitell and Dialog,

true...the way dialog has been slashing prices and offering special deals...they must've taken a huge hit...

@Arc...time to celebrate eh??? :) :) :)

true...the way dialog has been slashing prices and offering special deals...they must've taken a huge hit...

@Arc...time to celebrate eh??? :) :) :)

Hutch has somekind of a offer, when u buy a sim card u dont need to pay moeny for the Sim, all u need is to reload 50Rs or more to the sim you gona buy, then the sim is free and the reloded 50Rs can use as well, that means the sim card is almost free, :)

And yeah Arc and the rest must be celebrating, if posible we alos like to get the "UPAHARA" package :D

• 1 month later...

Just playing with the phone and found Sri Airtel on the air. I meant the signal as I searched network on manual mode. Any idea when are they gonna launch, I mean open for customers? I checed airtel.lk but it redirects to airtel india site.

Edited by Bharath

They've been planning their launch for QUITE awhile now. Now they seem fairly confident of launching within the next two months

I met the chairperson recently and she said that the launching date is still pending.

woah, missed your posts, ripper & GFX. he he, yeah dude, can't complain. We are doing on avg. 10k connections a day. So far so good, but you never can rest on your laurels... fickle bunch these mobile users are :D

Bro, you mean mobitel sells 10,000 average "Upahara" package connections per day? Man, its awsome. isn't it? :blink:

Bro, you mean mobitel sells 10,000 average "Upahara" package connections per day? Man, its awsome. isn't it? :blink:

Any idea on how to guarantee QoS for all these customers... Quality will drop and more and more people will find the network is congested.. :angry-smiley-024:

10k is all packages, of which about 45-50% is Upahara.

Machan Jayathu this influx was anticipated and switches were upgraded and this is being done continuously. True, network congestion is a concern, but it is a issue faced by most operators at certain timebands and one which all operators are hell-bent on fixing. At present the main concern for QoS is the huge queues, both in the call center and at our branches (nice problem to have I suppose).

[woah, missed your posts, ripper & GFX. he he, yeah dude, can't complain. We are doing on avg. 10k connections a day. So far so good, but you never can rest on your laurels... fickle bunch these mobile users are biggrin.gif]

ehem... :rolleyes:

not bad for the one agency going head on with multiple agencies of your biggest competitor :)

Any idea on how to guarantee QoS for all these customers... Quality will drop and more and more people will find the network is congested.. :angry-smiley-024:

Yes that is very true – glad to see some people with sense – Customer getting the benefit is ok but operators have to make money as well – All telco’s are kicking each other in prices and I strongly feel the customers are going to be the losers at the end –

Innovations require cash- how can an operator earn anything with giving everything FOC We SL’s love anything FREE

Yes that is very true – glad to see some people with sense – Customer getting the benefit is ok but operators have to make money as well – All telco’s are kicking each other in prices and I strongly feel the customers are going to be the losers at the end –

Innovations require cash- how can an operator earn anything with giving everything FOC We SL’s love anything FREE

Exactly.. anyway Mobitel and Dialog is giving away free minutes which could have been used to make revenue and in turn give a better service and introduce new technologies to the country.. All this is because Airtel is promising ultra low tariffs and current service providers are scared to death.. Any idea about what will happen to Tigo and Hutch.. How on earth are they making profits.. :blink: Tigo will have to change their tag line also, which they stole from Airtel.. :angry-smiley-048:

I am sure Airtel is also having a big problem in trying to envisage a business strategy for the Sri Lankan market as the current telco environment is changing super fast.. :action-smiley-060:

10k is all packages, of which about 45-50% is Upahara.

Machan Jayathu this influx was anticipated and switches were upgraded and this is being done continuously. True, network congestion is a concern, but it is a issue faced by most operators at certain timebands and one which all operators are hell-bent on fixing. At present the main concern for QoS is the huge queues, both in the call center and at our branches (nice problem to have I suppose).

By the way, Upahara will eat into SLT revenue, not just Dialog market share, isn't it? <_<

Or is Mobitel trying to eat into that before big brother SLT sorts out who their Boss should be... :)

Is it true? I thought its gonna be one of 076 or 079 cos as far I know, no one had used these two. Lanka bell used 075 right?

This was the info I got – but could be wrong . Anyway since 075 bell are now 0115 should be Ok to used – any 1 else got some info on the number ?

By the way, Upahara will eat into SLT revenue, not just Dialog market share, isn't it? <_<

Or is Mobitel trying to eat into that before big brother SLT sorts out who their Boss should be... :)

he he, not really bro. at the end of the day, Mobitel IS a fully owned subsidiary. and even then, this is not going to eat in to their bottom line too much ;) a little healty competition nver hurt anyone right? lol

i'll not comment on the latter point ;)