• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Market Value Of A Ford

big Daddy

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the market value of a FORD laser 2000 model car? The car is 2000 brand new, full option and the number is 302-. I have seen HY numbers going for 13/75. Also I have seen Mazda (2000 model) going for 14/25. Is there a big difference in the market value between Ford and Mazda?

/bigDaddy

Well Machang I don't know about 2000 Model... :huh: Well I have a Ford Laser 1997 with GB-39** Registration :rolleyes: & It was recently valued at (1.4 Mil) :alc: By the insurance company!!! Anyway no idea about 2000 Model

the amount cars are valued and the actual selling price is a bit off...

anyways, 1999 mazda familia, gy plates was sold for 1.4 mil.

what it he asking price on the car you are looking at?

Well the asking price is 14/= Car is in good condition. Full Option, Original Ford Alloys, Fog Lamps, CD setup and Security alarm. What do you think?

/bid Daddy

Well the asking price is 14/= Car is in good condition. Full Option, Original Ford Alloys, Fog Lamps, CD setup and Security alarm. What do you think?

/bid Daddy

HI

Is that a 1.3 / 1.5 or a 1.6 ?

If it's 1.3 then that's too much in my opinion. Try to get a good evaluation done if permitted. I always recommend the guy near papiliyana - Maz&a motors.

Basically they say that the ford market is less compared to mazda but it' a load of crap. Both have the same engine and almost same interior - just the body shape is the difference. I kind of like the Ford design over the Mazda though.

What’s the mileage ? Check and see if the timing belts are replace (With proper proof) caus it cost abt Rs.15,000 to replace.

Is it Auto or Manu ? If it’s auto then again too much

Overall it’s a great car and fun to drive

All the best

HI

Is that a 1.3 / 1.5 or a 1.6 ?

If it's 1.3 then that's too much in my opinion. Try to get a good evaluation done if permitted. I always recommend the guy near papiliyana - Maz&a motors.

Basically they say that the ford market is less compared to mazda but it' a load of crap. Both have the same engine and almost same interior - just the body shape is the difference. I kind of like the Ford design over the Mazda though.

What’s the mileage ? Check and see if the timing belts are replace (With proper proof) caus it cost abt Rs.15,000 to replace.

Is it Auto or Manu ? If it’s auto then again too much

Overall it’s a great car and fun to drive

All the best

I think the Ford has more body curves than Mazda. But surprise to see the market value is less than Mazda. Also like you said everything is the same inside.

The car is a Auto one and mileage 72000. I am not quite sure about the timing belt. And it is 1.5 Lt. What do you think the best price for this car is?

/big Daddy

I think the Ford has more body curves than Mazda. But surprise to see the market value is less than Mazda. Also like you said everything is the same inside.

The car is a Auto one and mileage 72000. I am not quite sure about the timing belt. And it is 1.5 Lt. What do you think the best price for this car is?

/big Daddy

Yeah guys... I also like the the Ford designs over the certain mazdas... Out of the fords i've see on a daily basis...prefer the Mondeo the best :)

It has that muscle car look to it IMHO :) I trail this black/dark blue mondeo dude from wattala in a horrible road... the bugger just thrashes hence the reason of not even being sure of the car's color :angry-smiley-048:

always wondered why ford didn't capture the local car lovers attention that much. Probably the agents were never interested or didn't know any better to market it... shame

Yeah guys... I also like the the Ford designs over the certain mazdas... Out of the fords i've see on a daily basis...prefer the Mondeo the best :)

It has that muscle car look to it IMHO :) I trail this black/dark blue mondeo dude from wattala in a horrible road... the bugger just thrashes hence the reason of not even being sure of the car's color :angry-smiley-048:

always wondered why ford didn't capture the local car lovers attention that much. Probably the agents were never interested or didn't know any better to market it... shame

purely bad marketing..... David Peiris were so wrapped up in selling three wheelers that they sorta forgot they had a really great brand of car hanging around the showrooms as well.... the Mondeo is a lovely car, smart looking, well put together (SUPERB interior) and fantastic to drive as well.... but they are going amazingly cheap here, 2 - 3mill is the range i've seen so far.... simply brilliant value, if i had the dough to spare, i'd snap one up in a flash...

/big Daddy

Ya the curves are nice – B) I tried to look for a ford but did’t find a good 1 with a reasonable price tag during the time I was hunting.

Well fuel would be around 8-9 Colombo with AC. Recommended timing belt change is at 90-100,000 K. What U can do is check if he has had records (the mileage) and if not I would recommend changing the belts as U never know if the meters have been changed(even digital ones) if no records get at least 20K reduced.

Recommend to take it to DPMC & get a full check up – cost about 3000/- but better safe than sorry, or take it to the guy I mentioned.

One reason to have a low resale value is the body parts - bit hard to source but other than – all mazda stuff. Overall the price is good.

Good luck & psl post pics if u buy it :D

Ya the curves are nice – B) I tried to look for a ford but did’t find a good 1 with a reasonable price tag during the time I was hunting.

Well fuel would be around 8-9 Colombo with AC. Recommended timing belt change is at 90-100,000 K. What U can do is check if he has had records (the mileage) and if not I would recommend changing the belts as U never know if the meters have been changed(even digital ones) if no records get at least 20K reduced.

Recommend to take it to DPMC & get a full check up – cost about 3000/- but better safe than sorry, or take it to the guy I mentioned.

One reason to have a low resale value is the body parts - bit hard to source but other than – all mazda stuff. Overall the price is good.

Good luck & psl post pics if u buy it :D

Thanks for the infor. I guess the best is to take it to the agents and have good checkup done. Will publish photos if I go ahead and buy it.... :rolleyes:

/big Daddy

What has happened to the FORD agents???

They seem to be inactive(relatively)

What do you think??

Quite right. You see Toyota, Honda and other car companies advertise their stuff. But do you see anything for FORD...? Nope <_<

What the agents advertise is three wheelers and Cherry QQ.... I guess they are mad :action-smiley-060:

/big Daddy

Quite right. You see Toyota, Honda and other car companies advertise their stuff. But do you see anything for FORD...? Nope <_<

What the agents advertise is three wheelers and Cherry QQ.... I guess they are mad :action-smiley-060:

/big Daddy

I suppose they are those old-school marketers :)

Don't want to do something different...take a chance and reap the benefits... Since cherry and bajaj have greater volumes is sales due to the low price tag and demand...it's a safer investment for them... The present car taxes/market also really doesn't help them i suppose

Ford IMHO is brand that needs to be built here in SL since it's not very well known to most people... and that takes money and intelligence...

The latter seems to be lacking badly with Ford's present agents

Well I once met the Sales Manager :action-smiley-060: & He told me that they have stop selling Ford cars :o & they will concentrate on mainly Cherry QQ :violent-smiley-030: & a little of Ford 4x4 Ranger only!!! :angry-smiley-048:

Dam ! what a shame.... looks like I'm going to get stuck... :violent-smiley-099: if DPMC pulls out there's virtually no place to go as Carmart is crap too

It's a shame - 2 very good brands and no proper attention form the agents - Just look at the Mazda showroom - what a dump I’ve seen Saiwara joints better than that <_<

U Honda /Toyota guys are really lucky.... ;)

U Honda /Toyota guys are really lucky.... ;)

well bro, even though I have a honda, I don't really go to the agents. There are many gifted people who i'm sure know more bout honda's than the agents. Likewise, as don said, i'm sure you won't be left in the dark just cos the agents scoot. but it might impact the aftermarket price of the vehicle.

Edited by Arc Angel

Hi,

As far as I know Ford Laser, for Asian markets manufactured in Japan by Mazda. So I don't think you can expect the American Quality or Comfort from locally available ones. Correct me if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Hi,

As far as I know Ford Laser, for Asian markets manufactured in Japan by Mazda. So I don't think you can expect the American Quality or Comfort from locally available ones. Correct me if I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

I think Mazda is mostly owned by Ford

Second I think Japanese product quality is either on par or surpasses American product quality, or any other product quality in the world. (of course this depends on the definition of product quality, and the one I am applying here is build quality, as in quality of manufacture)

As for Comfort, well that is again subject to interpretation, one must also remember the market these cars were built for, and also the purpose. Americans in America build cars with sofa seats that sway like ships, and this is acceptable since petrol is (or was ) cheap, they have good roads, and thats what the market expects. But the Fords made for the Asian market by Mazda are built for fuel efficiency, rougher road conditions and economy in mind. They are no better worse made, but made for the market they are intended for.

Its also important to note Japanese automobile makers are doing quite well relative to their American counterparts.

Its also important to note Japanese automobile makers are doing quite well relative to their American counterparts.

Very true Don – even Americans are now changing their attitudes and going in for smaller cars (So I heard from somewhere) :unsure:

The Mazda/Ford’s are not uncomfortable in the sense it been a pain in the rear when u drive. I need to get out of the car to stretch latest every 1 ½ hrs on any Japanese vehicle. Not had the opportunity to go in a real American car yet.

Do agree there are good guys who knows about the cars to a good extent. May man in Piliyandala is 1 guy. But things like doing a diagnosis is not possible with him yet as he has not got the equip. Hoping some day he will.

The sad part is due to the poor performance of the agents the market drops and the perception of the car is destroyed. Forums like this help educate and get opinions- adding to that Both the A/L team and members are doing a fine job. Unfortunately not all have the access to this site and is aware what the it does.

Hope Dig Daddy get’s a good deal. After all that’s what all of us here want – a good deal with out been suckered - Like my first cay buy was :angry: (Wished A/L was there then) :D

Thanks for all the comments guys. I will let you guys know the outcome of my Endeavour! :rolleyes:

/big Daddy

Well Guy's you Don't have to worry about the after sales services of Agents DPMC :rolleyes: Because they will only take out the sales process of Ford Cars :angry-smiley-024: But the will continue to Service & maintain spares for Ford Cars!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Second I think Japanese product quality is either on par or surpasses American product quality, or any other product quality in the world. (of course this depends on the definition of product quality, and the one I am applying here is build quality, as in quality of manufacture)

As for Comfort, well that is again subject to interpretation, one must also remember the market these cars were built for, and also the purpose. Americans in America build cars with sofa seats that sway like ships, and this is acceptable since petrol is (or was ) cheap, they have good roads, and thats what the market expects. But the Fords made for the Asian market by Mazda are built for fuel efficiency, rougher road conditions and economy in mind. They are no better worse made, but made for the market they are intended for.

Yap, I agree with you my friend. But I wish if Ford was Manufactured by Toyota.

And does any one have a clue about who will be the new agent?