• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Part Numbers

dinran

Question

Hi All,

I have a Toyota AE110 and have a problem with the "Ignition module" which is fixed inside the distributor itself. I need to replace only this particular part since others are good. But this is not available even with toyota lanka and think not worth trying some where else.

Pls tell me is there any place to buy this locally or how to find the part number of this so that I can get this down from Singapore. Toyota lanka not willing to give the part numbers...if any ony have the access..pls reply

thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have a Toyota AE110 and have a problem with the "Ignition module" which is fixed inside the distributor itself. I need to replace only this particular part since others are good. But this is not available even with toyota lanka and think not worth trying some where else.

Pls tell me is there any place to buy this locally or how to find the part number of this so that I can get this down from Singapore. Toyota lanka not willing to give the part numbers...if any ony have the access..pls reply

thanks

try replacing the whole Distributor itself. Just go to any one of these second hand part shops and say you are looking for the model distributor. I think it wont cost that much. better off replacing the distributor itself as if you try to be specific the guys will rook you.

Hi All,

thanks

You can get this part from panchikawatte, in 1999 when this happened to the mazda familia we had my father found it from panchikawatte for 4500/= it was from an Australian brand if I remember correctly,

but he decided on the advice of the technicians who was fixing it and get a whole ignition unit used for 9500/= (was quite difficult to find and finally found it from a place in welisara !!! )

of course this ignition module might be different from what i am referring to since my car had old style electronic ignition

Hi All,

thanks

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies.

Just sharing few thoughts...I've seen on the Toyota web site that the Distributor cup and the Rotor to be replaced after some milage (may be since the ware due to high Ampere spark, true for any other make as well) So the issue might not be with the electronic module. Logically which should either "defective" or "good". If difective the engine will not run, if good then the engine must run nothing in between.

So the intresting thing to remember the requirement of replacement of the Distributor cup and the Rotor, not the whole Distributor.