• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Skyline Gtr

satan

And the specs and stats further reinforce the new GT-R's super car status. Under the long hood is a 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine that was specially developed for the GT-R. With 480 horses on tap, this sleek sports car can reach 62 mph in just 3.6 seconds on its way to a top speed approaching 200 mph.Teamed with the potent power plant is a new paddle-shift twin-clutch 6-speed transmission. Similar to Audi's DSG, there is a separate clutch for gears 1, 3, 5 and 2, 4, 6, making shifts extremely quick.

Power is sent to the pavement via what Nissan calls the "most advanced four-wheel drive system on a road car ever used." That's quite a claim, but the ATTESA E-TS system does constantly vary the torque from rear to front based on various sensors reporting speed, lateral and transverse acceleration, steering angles, tire slip and yaw rate. An additional sensor measures the difference between the target yaw rate calculated from the steering angle, the actual yaw rate detected by the yaw-rate sensor and G sensor.

The all-wheel-drive system also incorporates Nissan's Vehicle Dynamic Control to further stabilize the car's operation. And with any supercar, braking is almost as important as acceleration. Capable of stopping from 62 mph in just 121 feet (37 meters), the GT-R is shod with huge front and rear Brembo brakes with ventilated discs and six-piston calipers in front, four piston calipers in the rear. Three different suspension settings are available: R (high performance), Sports (the normal setting) and Comfort (for city driving to absorb road bumps).

On sale in Japan shortly, the GT-R comes to America next June, and the rest of the world shortly after that. Pricing outside of Japan has not yet been announced, but based on the price in Yen, the GT-R could likely be priced below $80,000. Not bad for a supercar.

fee60f1b93d94b4e9ab6e29118204a3c.jpg

90b037f90aeb47ba86cdce22e4673ac3.jpg

Its called the Nissan GT-R, not the Skyline GT-R

this has already taken it's first blood... a turbocharged porsche 911 :)

saw a the promo video...lovely car....

Affordable sleeper super car bashing power :) wonder who will get the first one down to SL :)

Do u know any other manufacturer who has a brand name such as "skyline"?

there's a big difference in calling this car a "skyline GTR" and "Nissan GTR"...

There have been skyline GTR's before but not Nissan GTR's...

correct me if i'm wrong but i think Pericles has a point :)

Affordable sleeper super car bashing power :) wonder who will get the first one down to SL :)

Hope it's not MR's son :D

But still, it lost it's macho looks <_<

Hope it's not MR's son :D

But still, it lost it's macho looks <_<

personally i prefer the sleeper looks :)

it's sweeter when you smoke macho "looking" cars with sleepers :)

checkout the promo video... this car look pretty mean :)

Do u know any other manufacturer who has a brand name such as "skyline"?

The point being, Nissan separated the Skyline nameplate from the GT-R. The Skyline is a different model line, with no more Skyline GT-Rs and the Nissan GT-R is a new beast altogether. Note even the article you posted has carefully avoided calling it a Skyline, just sticking to GT-R. That is the reason.

Nissan Skyline, different car

Nissan GT-R, Different car

Nissan Skyline GT-R. Heritage. Not a 2007 model. I believe the Nissan GT-R is marketed as a 2008 model anyway.

here we go again....

Really? Where?

911 Turbo? Childsplay. You know its a serious car when its faster round the ring than the Veyron and the Lambo Murci.

We already had this discussion.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4102

Nissan Skyline, different car

Nissan GT-R, Different car

Nissan Skyline GT-R. Heritage. Not a 2007 model. I believe the Nissan GT-R is marketed as a 2008 model anyway.

& it's called Ifinity GT-R in US market.... correct?

there's a big difference in calling this car a "skyline GTR" and "Nissan GTR"...

There have been skyline GTR's before but not Nissan GTR's...

correct me if i'm wrong but i think Pericles has a point :)

yep.. agree with you guys..... like Peri pointed out, the word 'skyline' was removed for a reason!

Edited by Dilesh

Hey Guys check out the Nissan GTR in race trim

the car is being made ready for the Japan GT500 class next year, it ran a shakedown test at Suzuka on 29th & 30th Oct

I wonder how much they need to change the stock engine for this? 480ponies stock, and GT500 rules say 500, so nothing much needed I imagine. Of course the entire body/chassis package will probably be different.

Affordable sleeper super car bashing power...

Technically, it would be wrong to refer to this car as a "Sleeper". A Sleeper is usually considered to be a car that looks like any other standard or economy car but has been modified to perform at much higher levels. Check the Wikipedia entry.

The point I'm trying to make is that you'll never really be able to mistake this car for anything other than a Nissan GT-R and you'd always expect it to perform as such.