• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Minimise Your Blind Spot.

ash

rather adjusting the mirror why not do a head check before u change the lanes

he he... good info... i think i already have my mirrors at an almost 90angle to the car...

But even still sometimes bikers etc surprise you with a shock by appearing from no where :action-smiley-060:

head check would be somewhat difficult on SL roads bc you never know when the tuk tuk going infront of you would stop..head check is alright if the traffic is travelling at a constant speed on a motor way where you have some distance between the vehicle going infront of you and your car.....dont you guys really hate when the bus drivers horn telling you to close up the 5feet gap between the car going in front and your car?

What I learnt was to set the side mirrors so that you can see the handles of the rear doors (if exists) of your car. That will give you a maximum view behind you as well as you can estimate how far the other objects relative to your car.

rather adjusting the mirror why not do a head check before u change the lanes

No.... It’s the most dangerous thing to do in a SL road. I always take the Galle road towards Col-o3. I have to swap the tracks from land side to sea side. Mostly the view is disturbed ‘cause of the centre island iron fence. If you turn your head for an instance to check.... there is a tuk-tuk driver cut across you or the vehicle in front of you has stopped. Have the experience quite few times. :unsure: