• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Expiry >>

Bishu

Vehicle tires have a 4-year validity period from their Date of Manufacture (DOM). Thereafter, the tire expires and may burst whilst in use. How to find out whether your tire has expired? Check for a stamp like this: (*2603*) There is an asterisk at the beginning and at the end of this serial number. The first two numbers 2 6 will tell which week of the year has it been manufactured.

NB: One year has 52 weeks. The last two numbers represent the year of make. Therefore, *2603* shows that the said tire is manufactured in the 26th week of the year 2003. *2699* this shows that the tire is made in the 26th week of 1999.

Check all your tires for safety purposes. Do not use expired tires. They are likely to burst (especially when running in hot weather) because the rubber component may have hardened and cracked.

image0011ce.gif

Dam that means I got to change mine in the 43rd week of this year :action-smiley-033: Shit a decent set of tyres go at 10k plus these days per wheel!

I think the problem in Sri Lanka is that tyres are sometimes stored too long before they are sold..

50/15/195 Looking for 55/15/195 or 205.. would not mind some used tyres even..

machan i bought a 205/65/15 bridgestone used but still in very gud shape for LKR 400 from that big tyre joint on havelock road (cant remember the name but its the one near the petrol shed bordering maya avenue)...i bought it to be used as a spare...look around n u shud b able to get a decent tyre but dnt expect to use it for long

wudnt 205 b too much for a Vi-RS tho?

machan i bought a 205/65/15 bridgestone used but still in very gud shape for LKR 400 from that big tyre joint on havelock road (cant remember the name but its the one near the petrol shed bordering maya avenue)...i bought it to be used as a spare...look around n u shud b able to get a decent tyre but dnt expect to use it for long

dude? is that 400 bucks or 4000??????

205 will just fit in dude on 55 profile.. the car's slightly raised.. 205/65 will not fit for sure cause the balloon is to big... thats the thing Shaks you can get 'em cheap but finding all 4 (without the rims)of the same type is the trick :(

cool.... gotta check this out on the car when i go home...

thanks for the info man.. its really neat and useful!

Thank you Bro !! :(

pila, i think you should bite the bullet and go for new tires machan.. you will hold onto your car for some time right.. best is new tires.

i just got 2 new tires from autodrome (bridgestone) for 5k each.

I agree. But Potenza/Es100/CDrive all cost between 12-15k per wheel! foooo thats a lot of cash.. and hence me looking for a 'quick fix'!! :( once in a way you come accross some good used ones still on their rims..

yeah that is quite a bit of money to dump.. only option is to buy 1 tire a month ;)

i was thinkin the same...sadly

but ur rite pila they do cost a packet...i use brand new dunlops on mine (cost abt 10k) n wen i had a flat once i switchd to the spare n cud notice a bad drop in road holding...

y dont u go for a personal loan n get a brand new stock of tyres?spread ur cost...cos if u replace each tyre periodically u might wear ur other gud tyres faster