• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Became Honda Lover

ruwan67

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Friends,

Last Sunday I went to a funeral, and drive behind the cope for its last respect. As you know it was KOTA KOTA YAME with 0km/h. Thanks for CVT no acceleration but it was in Drive (D) mode of Auto gear the RPM is 1500.and need to pickup the every after stopping. The petrol consumption was 8~9km/l.

I though to change the gear to L mode (low) and see. After that RPM was reduce to 0.5 and fuel economy was increased to 13.5km/l.

I thing this is the best method during the high traffic in the City?

Regards,

Ruwan

WoW

Its lovely muchang. Just tell us how is the comfort level. I have seen on some comments on the web as it has bit hard seats and not so comfort in the long run. Is that true? I feel like selling my 97 Ek3 and get a one of this. If your pocket is not empty just try to fix good alloys. Congratulations and thanks for the nice pics. I love the pic on the dash board which gives a clear view on your kmpl meter.

ashok

WoW

Its lovely muchang. Just tell us how is the comfort level. I have seen on some comments on the web as it has bit hard seats and not so comfort in the long run. Is that true? I feel like selling my 97 Ek3 and get a one of this. If your pocket is not empty just try to fix good alloys. Congratulations and thanks for the nice pics. I love the pic on the dash board which gives a clear view on your kmpl meter.

ashok

Ashoke thanks,

As I was used old cars before it seems good comfort for me. During Kandy tour I was feel good specially back. I think seat feels bit hardy so I am gona to dress it with spongy seat covers. I found metallic read (for young boys) with reveres camera and LCD screen but bit expensive so I gave up. Be careful when you buy new one because some sellers give you 1.3L engine with 1.5 chassis. See the photos in the web first. If it is 1.5 front is fully compacted.

Actually is as same as new Honda City(Indian), but is selling in Japan as fit area(Thailand) because Fit is famous in Japan and compliance with JP standards and market like Teak interior etc.

Regards,

Ruwan

Dear Friends,

Last Sunday I went to a funeral, and drive behind the cope for its last respect. As you know it was KOTA KOTA YAME with 0km/h. Thanks for CVT no acceleration but it was in Drive (D) mode of Auto gear the RPM is 1500.and need to pickup the every after stopping. The petrol consumption was 8~9km/l.

I though to change the gear to L mode (low) and see. After that RPM was reduce to 0.5 and fuel economy was increased to 13.5km/l.

I thing this is the best method during the high traffic in the City?

Regards,

Ruwan

This is what the user manual says,

D- for normal driving

S- for better acceleration, increased engine braking, use S when you are going down a steep hill, or in stop-and -go driving.

L- to get more power when climbing, and for maximum engine braking when going down steep hills.

Personal note:

Do not shift to S or L while your engine rpm is higher, that may ruin the CVT belt. I shift to S when I want a quick overtake, but I shift the lever before I floor the paddle.

When you go start-and-stop in D, the car should move forward when you release the brake unless the car is loaded with people, or in a slight up hill. In some cars, there's a slight delay, that's the performance of your start clutch

Cheers !

• 3 months later...
Dear friends,

Any how I bought a Honda fit aria though others not appreciate it. Yesterday I went to Kandy. Thanks for Honda it is the car for driving with high comfort and easy driving. Its manual and auto features help me to drive lot. When overtaking I switch from auto to manual and speed up quickly without increasing the rev (2000rpm). In the flat land I put the auto gear to sport mode WOW what a great pickup.

I always keep the fuel consumption meter mode and I cannot believe it, for up climbing 16km/l and down 18km/l. I became a Honda lover though Stafford spare part price is high.

Regards,

Ruwan

Ohhp unbeliveble 16 km/lt. :unsure: It is great. My ES 1 is doing only 12km/l out station.

can some one help me to find a good honda civic ? Eg8 or a EK3 would be good. I can go up to 1.5 mil depending on the model. there was a red eg8 on one of the threads but I cant find it, I think a car like that would be nice.

Check the classifieds. Asking people to advertise cars for sale is a big no no.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah ok. Possibly my bad. Just post a link with a car advertised by Racersedge in the classifieds. Should be cool that way.

Hey Pericles,

Am looking for a Honda Accord - the models before the "American Accord" as only those are within ma budget. :unsure:

I love the boxy accord - wanna pimp it up :rolleyes: but cant seem to find any. there was a green one in Autolanka a few months ago but the ad does not appear now.

I have tried the usual suspects but Accords seem scarce .

any advice?

regards

Pradfred

Hey Pericles,

any advice?

regards

Pradfred

I shall give you one very important piece of advice. Do not ask Pericles questions about Hondas. :lol: I'll leave it to guys like madmax or vshiznet to answer those kinda questions :D

Anyway, short of the usual papers and web search, the only creative thing I can come up with is to go thru cardomain and contact ppl asking if they wanna sell.

Ah ok. Possibly my bad. Just post a link with a car advertised by Racersedge in the classifieds. Should be cool that way.

:unsure:autolanka classifieds best place to sell n buy honda. ..

Edited by RACERSEDGE

Hey Pericles,

Am looking for a Honda Accord - the models before the "American Accord" as only those are within ma budget. :unsure:

I love the boxy accord - wanna pimp it up :rolleyes: but cant seem to find any. there was a green one in Autolanka a few months ago but the ad does not appear now.

I have tried the usual suspects but Accords seem scarce .

any advice?

regards

Pradfred

low fuel ,expnciv eng parts, rare body parts ..thats it...comfort n driving plessure max..

low fuel ,expnciv eng parts, rare body parts ..thats it...comfort n driving plessure max..

100% agree with you. good driving but bit expensive to maintain. 6 km per litre in town. Out station only 7-8 km.

Civic is better than Accord as far as fuel is concerened. :)

Are these the integras with the round lights - four?

180 bhp?

Didn't turn me on - the accord did ;)

Oh well will keep lookin

Cheers

UPDATE

Seen 3 ES models so far.

One has agent history but engine vibration at idle.....

Another one mechanically sound, no dealer history to speak of but enthusiast maintained, needs quite a bit of exterior and interior stuff to be done

Another one similar with bodykit

Am gonna see a few more even the older "box" model before I plonk down ma cash.

The owners all were very nice guys I must say - :)

Cheers

Edited by pradfred

• 1 month later...

Hello Ruwan,

Me too going for a Fir Aria. I was thinking of put it to the Stafford and get a full service done. The car I checked has done nearly 29XXXKm. Which means, I better change the transmission oil as Nozozo had mention. Apart from changing Engine oil, Brake Oil, Air Filter and the Oil Filter, should I worry about anything els? Are you using any injector cleaner with the fule? Hope you use 95 Oct?