• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B4 Tt

ash

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a car in bad shape or owner desperate to sell or the car's unreliability in SL is catching up... plus it's N/A = relatively slow for such a heavy car...

i don't see STi prices dropping... at least not the GC frame...

thanks Shakster.

Any place you can reccomend to get a b4 checked out pre purchase?

i thought vehicles brought under those permits can't be sold for 5 years or something like that?

Yes the name cannot be transfered for 5 years. The market is flooding coz the people who got permits recently are selling off their vehicles which they currently use/own at comparatively low prices.

might be a car in bad shape or owner desperate to sell or the car's unreliability in SL is catching up... plus it's N/A = relatively slow for such a heavy car...

i don't see STi prices dropping... at least not the GC frame...

Are they unreliable? May I ask what are the major problems?

thanks Shakster.

Any place you can reccomend to get a b4 checked out pre purchase?

i only know of nadeera and tharindu having credible experience in B4s... nadeera might seem like a better bet... if you're interested i can direct you to him...

true, but I assume most of those would require more $$$ in terms of maintenance due to their age... Am I right?

nope... the RS is known to be more rugged and accommodate the 95octane fuel which we're all restricted to... and parts are FAR cheaper than those of the B4... i'm not marketing my car :) but age means nothing to a car that's been religiously looked after... and that applies to any car...

no bro, I meant maintanence cost of the B4 vs. the previous gen RS

see above

Are they unreliable? May I ask what are the major problems?

as far as i know the octane rating plays a more important role in B4's and i've also noticed that half the owners running them don't know how to maintain them... on the other hand there are a number of cars that are immaculate in and out...

drake can probably contribute better...

Edited by sharkster

drake can probably contribute better...

Both versions are great cars, but in SL the B4 has had a few probs with the fuel, saying that so have certain wrx, we just don't know about it cos usually when we here of a wrx engine rebuild it's due to the owner over reving it.

Most parts between the two cars are interchangeable but certain parts on the RS are cheaper eg. brake pads

Also even though the RS is an older version the car's have gone through all the major services, it is shocking to note that most B4's i've seen have clocked almost a 100,000km. This plays a much biggger role rather than year of manufacture when it comes to wear & tear in these cars.

As sharkster mentioned the above two guys are the best option at maintaining the cars but it always helps to have a good understanding of these cars which means a lot of time surfing the net :-)

My advice if u r going for a B4 look for a Manual TT (as N/A are no fun at all, severly under powered cars), with low milage or with all the major services done. Also see if you can find out about the history of the car either from the agents or from who ever maintained it.

I was on a Single turbo Forester with TP himself, and when the car idles, you can feel a slight knock, which TP put down to 95 Octane petrol. It was very subtle but it was certainly there.

I guess if you are investing on a car with 98 Octane recommendation, mixing petrol with toluene like Velocity used to do might perhaps be the solution.

I do not think there is any point debating a car for which the manufacturer recommends 98 RON runs fine with 95 RON as who else can possibly know the design better than the people who made it.