• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ab Workout

Stingray

Hi guys, need a quick suggestion

Lookout for an ab machine and the first preference would be the ab king pro..anyone on the forum using it or tried it out? please do let me know if it indeed gives a proper workout for the abs. I know that reducing the belly needs to be suplemented with a diet and other exercises!!

Lookout for an ab machine and the first preference would be the ab king pro..anyone on the forum using it or tried it out? please do let me know if it indeed gives a proper workout for the abs. I know that reducing the belly needs to be suplemented with a diet and other exercises!!

being an ab workout fanatic and having 6 packs to prove it :) i would say no single machine's gonna a cut it for you...

i have tried many at gyms but the best is a combined routine that's more painful, time consuming but all the more effective

this i just my personal experience and i'm sure there these machines must've done wonders for some people...

i've always had a flat stomach just needed to sculpt/define it and bench/rack excersises with weights only saw me through :)

the trick is that upper abs, lower abs and those tyres aka love handles are harder to isolate and worked out on on one machines...

then again this is just my opinion :)

being an ab workout fanatic and having 6 packs to prove it :) i would say no single machine's gonna a cut it for you...

i have tried many at gyms but the best is a combined routine that's more painful, time consuming but all the more effective

this i just my personal experience and i'm sure there these machines must've done wonders for some people...

i've always had a flat stomach just needed to sculpt/define it and bench/rack excersises with weights only saw me through :)

the trick is that upper abs, lower abs and those tyres aka love handles are harder to isolate and worked out on on one machines...

then again this is just my opinion :)

Ripper my man when I come to SL I will make you my Ab Guru :)

six packs are for lil boys, real men have kegs :)

be weary of spending money on any single machine/workout as your body will adjust and plateau. Do what ripper said, mix it up and live it!

be weary of spending money on any single machine/workout as your body will adjust and plateau. Do what ripper said, mix it up and live it!

I couldn't agree more. The best exercise for abs is where you push away your plate from the dinner table! Diet is the most important key to getting those ripped abs!

Throw in a bit of cardio along with a good full body routine 3 times a week preferbly with free weights and lots of compound movements and your abs will look fine. No need to buy any of those ab machines.

Nice to see this kind of post on this forum once in a while!

I couldn't agree more. The best exercise for abs is where you push away your plate from the dinner table! Diet is the most important key to getting those ripped abs!

Throw in a bit of cardio along with a good full body routine 3 times a week preferbly with free weights and lots of compound movements and your abs will look fine. No need to buy any of those ab machines.

Nice to see this kind of post on this forum once in a while!

hanks for the reply guys! well, i am not overweight or anything just the flab is starting to builup around the waistline due to our "lavish" lifestyle of sitting in aircon offices,drinking with buddies and hardly any worthwhile excersises!

i used to do martial arts sometime back and was in shape but due to a slipped disc injury i was advised by the doc not to do any unaided exercises to my spinal area. i do go for brisk walks in the morning but the tummy does not seem to get much excerise! hence thought of investing in a machine. Saw one advertised in the papers for 5500 bucks and thought should ask around before i spend it!

he he... :)

on the contrary mate :)

I'm a man on mission to prove that beer belly is a lame excuse for lazy buggers not to workout and still try to salvage some "pride" out of it :)

I consume quite a lot of beer and i prefer the "stouts" my favorite being guinness that's sadly not available in SL...

With good workouts you can chip away all that fat and tighten those ab muscles... :)

the problem with most guys who like to workout mainly workout on their biceps and pecs...for the "show off" value :)

abs are neglected cos they are the most difficult to target in my opinion and the most difficult to maintain...

Hi I've used Ab-king pro for last 2 years. Trust me it want give you the results that they promise in thoes funny commertials.

Don

Aint no Guru bro but i'll be more than happy to pass on some of the things i learned on ab workouts :)

Well machan my problem is I've never quite had a flat stomach, though was never really fat as such until recently as i can clearly see i am starting to put on a "raa bada" and getting love handles,

not quite sure how to tackle it bung, am very sensible with my diet, but just don't seem to be able to shake it off

any ideas ???

despite the keg comment, I try to stay healthy as much as I can :)

as car nuts, you guys (and gals) are well versed in performance, energy and pure logic. Just apply the same to your bodies.

energy: what goes in stays in unless you get it out. A person's energy requirement can vary depending on their lifestyle and work. Figure out what you need to keep yours running (around 2000 cals for most)

your body is not trying to look good (or healthy for that matter), its' simply trying to survive in the moment (few days). If you take a few large meals a day then your metabolism slows down cos its worried it wont have energy in case it needs it, so it starts to save it all in storage. The result is your body becomes endomorphic where it stores every lil thing you eat.

If you simply try to work out while your eating remains the same, then your body goes into panic mode. Your body goes; Oh crap! this fools spending my savings, better start saving some more. thats the reason why a lot of endomorphic ppl dont see quick results in the beginning.

While there are many drugs that can increase your metabolism, its safer and long lasting to do it the natural way. Tell your body, it can chill out about trying to save every lil thing you eat. Start eating about 6 SMALL meals a day. Have a big breakfast and maybe lunch and NO heavy meals within 4 hours of going to bed (to sleep).

start with cardio as it can potentially save your life! but if you wanna loose weight, you can speed up the process by lifting weights. With resistance training, you create small tears in your muscles that have to repair (usually in 18-36hrs) and it takes energy to repair them. so, while the cardio and lifting burnt the energy at the gym, the muscle repair keeps burning energy on your off-day as well.

If you're just starting out, do what you like (biceps, chest) so you can stay motivated. Eventually, mix them in with things you don't like (abs, legs). Be realistic about your limits and goals. You can't go from chugging down 40 string-hoppers for dinner to a salad and your fat will not melt away as you watch.

Most of us are on our OEM parts and are coming up or slightly pass the 30Yr maintenance program. Its time to start taking better care of the equipment so it can keep running for another 30-40yrs. sorry about the long post :)

Edited by dhp

dhp

great post mate. good stuff

Don

Hope you are a lil familiar with gym terminologies :)

You can do some pull-overs... start with a weight you're comfortable with but it has to be heavy enough that by the 8-10th rep you should be feeling the burn in your belly... i really like this excercise cos it really strains you out and it's very addictive and before you know it you can tip up the weights for more resistance...

You can also do situps on the inclined bench...lock you legs in place concentrate on y our stomach muscles to lock and target them...adjust your poses if necessary and off you go... For starters this is actually lil difficult that it looks.. at least it was for me :) the first time i leaned back and tried to "sit-up" my stomach muscles were so weak they just couldn't do it... had to adjust the incline to start slowly but after a few months ended up doing it at full incline and with a 40kg plate on my chest

good stuff

Then there's another excercise i do on this rack thingy... don't know the name for it though :( basically you're balancing yourself off the ground by leaning your back against this rack that has like two arm rest of a char and you get your grip by gripping these two handles on the "arm rest" thing...

while you're elevated like this you slowly lift your legs up as high as you can...pause a little...then go back down...

repeat until you can't do another rep more.... very good for lower abs

Another 3 excercises you can do for your loves handles are

1. you grab a chin-up bar with you hands slightly apart from each other and make controlled twists to you left and right using your whole body...arms shouldn't have any movement... make a left twist...comeback to center position for pause and then make a left...repeat until you can't anymore

thinking about the muscle you're targeting helps you to lock that muscle in place for proper use.

once you're used to the routine you can experiment with changing the grip to underhand/over hand or change the distance between the two hands etc for best results that suits you

2.another one is called side bends if i'm not wrong. you stand upright with your feet slightly apart with two dumbbells in your hands...without using you arms to take the weights of the dumbbells allow it to be "chanelled" through your arms and bend sideway to your left/right. go down as much as you can...pause...return to upright position and do the same with the other side. repeat untill you're beat

3.this one also...i don't know of a name but i do it on a total gym look-alike machine that has inclined bench thing that goes up and down when you pull down on two handle connected to the bench with pulleys/cables. the one in my cheapo gym has a bar to add weights if one needs the extra resistance. you have to sit on this bench on one of it's side like you would sit on a park bench...grab hold of those to handles you have to pull and pull yourself up with a sideways arm movement... you can adjust the incline, the place you sit on the bench etc to what suits you best... you can do as much as you like to on oneside of the bench and repeat the same number on the other side of the. It's a tad bit difficult to write how to do tis but this has worked for me really well to carve those love handles into more defined muscles

so those are all the excerises i used to do for my abs and it has worked for me very well. I don't know whether it'll work for others cos each of us are different in many ways

I am not an expert on the subject so there must be lotsa errors on the way i do things so i'm not responsible if you do some bad things to ya self by doing these things

But it really has worked for me

You gotta experiment a little and find out what works for you the best... The best part is that once you start doing it it's a really nice way to handle stress etc and you can easily become an addict :)