• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Sx4

MAS

• 1 year later...

looks like Suzuki has decided to tease with a sproty version of the SX4...

[

Suzuki SX Force

Suzuki mixes its superbike heritage with its SX4 road car- 247bhp on tap

08th April 2009

Suzuki is a brand of twin personalities. While its sports bikes have always demanded huge respect, the company’s cars have been more about value for money than racing pedigree.

This SX Force is designed to change that. It’s been dubbed as ‘part car, part bike, all Suzuki’ and endows the Suzuki SX4 with inspiration from its two-wheeled cousins.

It gets a 2-litre turbocharged engine, which is good for 247bhp. When you take into account the car’s lack of weight, some brisk acceleration looks to be on the cards. To rein it all in there’s ‘sports bike stopping power’, provided by 355mm brakes discs and six-piston calipers.

The interior is massively stripped out while on the outside there’s a carbon fibre rear diffuser, Carbontrix rear wing, and a bike inspired dual exhaust. The SX Force gets 18in Enkei alloys wrapped in Toyo rubber.

While production appears highly unlikely, it’s nice to see Suzuki having some fun and looking to spread the excitement from its two-wheeled to four-wheeled ranges.

car_photo_305677_25.jpg

car_photo_305675_25.jpg

car_photo_305676_25.jpg

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/235157/s...i_sx_force.html

• 7 years later...

Guys I bought a 2007 SX 4 recently. There is a nock and a squeaking noise when going in bumpy roads ( Not carpet ). Previous owner told me about this before busing and in a report he got from car checks it says to replace a tie rod and lower arm bushes. Last week I called A*W and ask where should I go to get this fixed. Operator told me to go to Aththidiya Pitstop. I went there this Tuesday. The repair advisor looked at report( I took the report I got from previous owner with me ) and said they'll inspect it. Later he showed my de assembled lower arms and showed cracked bushes. Rod on the other end of arm is bad too. So I replaced both lower arms. Cost around 32k. He said tie rod is good and no need to replaced. Advisor guy drove the car and said problem is gone. I drove car from Aththidiya to Nugegoda and didn't get the noise. Today I drove on some bumpy road and noticed the nock and squeezing noice is still there. I'm not satisfied with Pitstop peoples repair work. Took 7.30 hours to replace lower arms and service start motor. 

So my question is this. Is there any other better place to go for SX4 repairs? ( A*W repair centre at Borella may be ). Some place where they know more about SX4 and do good job on fixing. 

Another issue I saw at PitStop it they do not allow us to be by the car and witness the repairs. Customers are not allowed into workshop.  I can't say fore sure whether they replace the part as they say. They can put old part back or some send hand part as well. 

5 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

Guys I bought a 2007 SX 4 recently. There is a nock and a squeaking noise when going in bumpy roads ( Not carpet ). Previous owner told me about this before busing and in a report he got from car checks it says to replace a tie rod and lower arm bushes. Last week I called A*W and ask where should I go to get this fixed. Operator told me to go to Aththidiya Pitstop. I went there this Tuesday. The repair advisor looked at report( I took the report I got from previous owner with me ) and said they'll inspect it. Later he showed my de assembled lower arms and showed cracked bushes. Rod on the other end of arm is bad too. So I replaced both lower arms. Cost around 32k. He said tie rod is good and no need to replaced. Advisor guy drove the car and said problem is gone. I drove car from Aththidiya to Nugegoda and didn't get the noise. Today I drove on some bumpy road and noticed the nock and squeezing noice is still there. I'm not satisfied with Pitstop peoples repair work. Took 7.30 hours to replace lower arms and service start motor. 

So my question is this. Is there any other better place to go for SX4 repairs? ( A*W repair centre at Borella may be ). Some place where they know more about SX4 and do good job on fixing. 

Another issue I saw at PitStop it they do not allow us to be by the car and witness the repairs. Customers are not allowed into workshop.  I can't say fore sure whether they replace the part as they say. They can put old part back or some send hand part as well. 

Could be worn out shockabsorber mounts. Why don't you go back to Aththidiya A*W again and tell them the repair hasn't been successful and that you're still experiencing the issue? From what I have gathered from Nissan owners, Pitstop is supposed to be good. 

Hi @Davy, Thanks for the reply. Well I felt like these advisor people are not that experienced. I thought of going back to same place but I doubt I'll get something half fixed again. Those mechanics are too damn lazy and most of all I don't like keeping me blind while my car is getting repaired. It is not that I'm going to disturb the workers. I just want to see what they are doing and whether they are installing new part that they showed me. Aththidiya Pitstop is recently started. So their crew might be still newbies.

Just wanted to know whether work process is similar in other A*W workshops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ravindasenarath said:

I just want to see what they are doing and whether they are installing new part that they showed me.

I only have experience with Kandy U***ed Mo***s workshop, they allow you to roam anywhere in the workshop as to your heart's content :D one can even climb down the ramps (the passageways they have below the floor level where they park the car on the floor and climb down the stairs to work under the car) and watch the mechanic work on your car, they don't mind at all. Not sure if other UM workshops operate like that or they accept Suzukis tho, but its your money and your car, you have a right to see if they're doing a satisfactory job.

44 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

But its your money and your car, you have a right to see if they're doing a satisfactory job.

Hello @Jor-el. You are stop on. P**S**p reasons are like vehicles moving around and vehicles go up and down on lifts. :huh:. I stayed by the working bench where no cars drive and lift is obviously far from their but they didn't allow that too. 

I used to go to M*z*a Mo*o*rs for my Mazda BJP5 repairs. They do not give a damn about customer hanging around and asking questions if they have any. 

Another this what can happen is mechanic exchange parts or something. I will never find what is installed later..

5 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

Hi @Davy, Thanks for the reply. Well I felt like these advisor people are not that experienced. I thought of going back to same place but I doubt I'll get something half fixed again. Those mechanics are too damn lazy and most of all I don't like keeping me blind while my car is getting repaired. It is not that I'm going to disturb the workers. I just want to see what they are doing and whether they are installing new part that they showed me. Aththidiya Pitstop is recently started. So their crew might be still newbies.

Just wanted to know whether work process is similar in other A*W workshops.

I think members were mainly talking about the good quality of service at Pitstop in Borella. Best is to wait for someone who has visited there to respond. In the mean time, check the following thread:

5 hours ago, Jor-el said:

I only have experience with Kandy U***ed Mo***s workshop, they allow you to roam anywhere in the workshop as to your heart's content :D one can even climb down the ramps (the passageways they have below the floor level where they park the car on the floor and climb down the stairs to work under the car) and watch the mechanic work on your car, they don't mind at all. Not sure if other UM workshops operate like that or they accept Suzukis tho, but its your money and your car, you have a right to see if they're doing a satisfactory job.

I can confirm it was this way at Hyde Park Corner and Orugodawatte service centers as well. This was back in 2013 though, so I'm not sure if the situation has changed. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

Go to the A*W workshop down Kithulwatta Road. Not the Pitstop, the main Suzuki workshop. 

• Like 1

@ravindasenarath I have repaired my previous Alto 6-7 years back. (2009 or 2010) at A*W Rajagiriya workshop. Replaced lower arms, bushes and few more parts. They allowed me to stay with the car at repair location and job done well. I don't know whether they are doing same way now. 

Location: 14/2, Royal Gardens, Rajagiriya, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte. (Map 6.905605, 79.901942)

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 8:50 AM, Jor-el said:

U**MO orugodawattha is also the same... used to take the perodua there and used to walk all over the place so i guess it's similar across all U**MO workshops.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Aththidiya P*t*t*p continue to disappoint me. I'm sharing this so someone else might can evade the trouble. I explained earlier that I send the Aththidiya P*t*t*p and etc etc. Last Sunday ( 9th April ) I was about to drive to Colombo so I pop the hood to fill windshield  water tank. Then I noticed that A/C coolant pipe is awkwardly handing without proper support. Apparently one of the connectors that support to attach line to body was detached. Mechanic bugger of Aththidiya P*t*t*p must have detached it in order to get access to start motor hasn't attached it back. I fix it my self and looked other side and found engine air intake horse is also detached. :angry:. After fixing that as well and since I didn't found anything else ( should have been more cautious :( )  I drove back to Colombo via express way. When I was pull off from Kahathuduwa I heard a small busing noise but I decided to ignore it. By the time I get to Papiliyana I start to hear more brushing noice. Once I turned of the music I realise something is brushing something else. I stopped car near Nadimana and looked under the car. One of the plastic engine guards was detached and has been dragging along the road. :wacko:. So it came out that Aththidiya P*t*t*p people forgot to attach more parts. On top of all these troubles which I was looking under the car bending down a tuk tuk drove it's rear wheel over my left foot. I have been limping for three days now with a soft tissue damage of my left ankle. 

Today ( 11th April ) I went to A*W main service center at Rajagiriya. Advisor drove the car around , put it in a rack and said there are multiple issues. Play in rack , bad stabiliser links and possible busted shock mounts. Aththidiya P*t*t*p has missed every one of them. They ask me to come back after new year season and get them fixed.

So all in all guys think twice before going to Aththidiya P*t*t*p for repairs. Normal wash and service doesn't seems that bad but cannot comment since I didn't got one. 

Edited by ravindasenarath

1 hour ago, ravindasenarath said:

Well Aththidiya P*t*t*p continue to disappoint me. I'm sharing this so someone else might can evade the trouble. I explained earlier that I send the Aththidiya P*t*t*p and etc etc. Last Sunday ( 9th April ) I was about to drive to Colombo so I pop the hood to fill windshield  water tank. Then I noticed that A/C coolant pipe is awkwardly handing without proper support. Apparently one of the connectors that support to attach line to body was detached. Mechanic bugger of Aththidiya P*t*t*p must have detached it in order to get access to start motor hasn't attached it back. I fix it my self and looked other side and found engine air intake horse is also detached. :angry:. After fixing that as well and since I didn't found anything else ( should have been more cautious :( )  I drove back to Colombo via express way. When I was pull off from Kahathuduwa I heard a small busing noise but I decided to ignore it. By the time I get to Papiliyana I start to hear more brushing noice. Once I turned of the music I realise something is brushing something else. I stopped car near Nadimana and looked under the car. One of the plastic engine guards was detached and has been dragging along the road. :wacko:. So it came out that Aththidiya P*t*t*p people forgot to attach more parts. On top of all these troubles which I was looking under the car bending down a tuk tuk drove it's rear wheel over my left foot. I have been limping for three days now with a soft tissue damage of my left ankle. 

Today ( 11th April ) I went to A*W main service center at Rajagiriya. Advisor drove the car around , put it in a rack and said there are multiple issues. Play in rack , bad stabiliser links and possible busted shock mounts. Aththidiya P*t*t*p has missed every one of them. They ask me to come back after new year season and get them fixed.

So all in all guys think twice before going to Aththidiya P*t*t*p for repairs. Normal wash and service doesn't seems that bad but cannot comment since I didn't got one. 

Dude... there are three ways of dealing with these kind of issues

1. Be a bi*ch and whine about it all over facebook/autolanka etc. and pay through your arse to get it rectified

2. Take some friends along to the workshop, ask to speak to the manager and shout at him like there's no tomorrow and ask him to fix the stuff FOC

3. Write a letter of demand explaining the circumstances and threaten to take them to courts for criminal negligence and take things forward,  the legal way

54 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Dude... there are three ways of dealing with these kind of issues

1. Be a bi*ch and whine about it all over facebook/autolanka etc. and pay through your arse to get it rectified

2. Take some friends along to the workshop, ask to speak to the manager and shout at him like there's no tomorrow and ask him to fix the stuff FOC

3. Write a letter of demand explaining the circumstances and threaten to take them to courts for criminal negligence and take things forward,  the legal way

I went and got engine guard fixed from them. I have already complained about issue not getting fixed and not allowing to see repair getting done. That is before engine guard incident so I have already submit another complain on that. This post is merely to educate others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

Thanks for sharing ?

3 hours ago, ravindasenarath said:

I went and got engine guard fixed from them. I have already complained about issue not getting fixed and not allowing to see repair getting done. That is before engine guard incident so I have already submit another complain on that. This post is merely to educate others. 

Good that you have actually acted like a man here and got things done. We have seen plenty of p*ssies who whine about getting ripped off and dont have the courage to stand up for themselves.