• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repair And Paint Alloys + Black (matt Finish).

ThunderBolt

Not sure about the painting bit- its a bit hard to track down the proper paint that is used for alloys (and no, it shouldn't be the same stuff we put on the body!)

Repairing however, there are a few places to go to, depending on the kind of repair you require.

For correcting bent alloys (ie. straightening all the crap our fine roads do to our wheels) go to Macr*Tech on the Nawala Road (just before the Open Uni. Bridge going towards Nugegoda). They do a fine job, although you should be prepared to do a bit of wincing as 90% of the straightening involves holding a Blowtorch to the alloy!

If its rebuffing/repolishing the shiny bits, there's a small shop @ delkanda junction that specializes in wheels; although i'm yet to try them out.

Not sure about the painting bit- its a bit hard to track down the proper paint that is used for alloys (and no, it shouldn't be the same stuff we put on the body!)

Repairing however, there are a few places to go to, depending on the kind of repair you require.

For correcting bent alloys (ie. straightening all the crap our fine roads do to our wheels) go to Macr*Tech on the Nawala Road (just before the Open Uni. Bridge going towards Nugegoda). They do a fine job, although you should be prepared to do a bit of wincing as 90% of the straightening involves holding a Blowtorch to the alloy!

If its rebuffing/repolishing the shiny bits, there's a small shop @ delkanda junction that specializes in wheels; although i'm yet to try them out.

do they work on normal steel wheels as well? and what would the cost be like? i'm trying to undo 27 years of running on SL roads with the bug at the moment....

• 6 years later...

hi

I have some cracks on two of my alloys and need to get them fixed.

Has anyone done such work recently ?
Please mention the cost and the name of the place .

It would be great if you know any place near Nugegoda , Nawala , Maharagama area.

thanks

hi

I have some cracks on two of my alloys and need to get them fixed.

Has anyone done such work recently ?

Please mention the cost and the name of the place .

It would be great if you know any place near Nugegoda , Nawala , Maharagama area.

thanks

Advance Dehiwala used to repair wheels. Check with them +94 77 313 9000 + 94 773 990 900.

MINIACE