• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bugatti Veyron Sighting

Lalithster

First of all let me apologize for not having my camera on me, but it was just a quick run to the gas station to load up on fuel so I didnt think I would need a camera! I came around the corner and there it was! What a beaut! This particular example was a two tone Blue and Black reminiscent of the bugatti race team colors. The interior was a cream leather. And as I pulled up right behind him to use the same fuel pump (100 octane ) I couldn't help notice how big it was. As I pulled right behind at first I was start struck and was thinking " I cant believe Im behind a veryon, I cant believe there is one in my neighborhood!" No doubt with a price tag of $1.5 million USD this car is very exclusive and I will probably never see another one in person in my whole life. I couldnt stop staring at it. After i got out of my car the veryon looked 1.5 as wide as my M3 with huge 20inch rims. The car from the side looks the size of a 7-series. Its a big car! Once the guy fueled up and started the car it sounded so mean. with 1000hp it pulled off really smoothly and as it left the exhaust note was very smooth. I still cant believe I saw a veryon in person and I cant believe the guy doesnt mind driving around in a 1.5 million house. lol.

First of all let me apologize for not having my camera on me, but it was just a quick run to the gas station to load up on fuel so I didnt think I would need a camera! I came around the corner and there it was! What a beaut! This particular example was a two tone Blue and Black reminiscent of the bugatti race team colors. The interior was a cream leather. And as I pulled up right behind him to use the same fuel pump (100 octane ) I couldn't help notice how big it was. As I pulled right behind at first I was start struck and was thinking " I cant believe Im behind a veryon, I cant believe there is one in my neighborhood!" No doubt with a price tag of $1.5 million USD this car is very exclusive and I will probably never see another one in person in my whole life. I couldnt stop staring at it. After i got out of my car the veryon looked 1.5 as wide as my M3 with huge 20inch rims. The car from the side looks the size of a 7-series. Its a big car! Once the guy fueled up and started the car it sounded so mean. with 1000hp it pulled off really smoothly and as it left the exhaust note was very smooth. I still cant believe I saw a veryon in person and I cant believe the guy doesnt mind driving around in a 1.5 million house. lol.

The Bugatti Veyron is only 1.5 Mil USD? Thought it's much more. At that rate, there must be tons of people who could afford one in Sri Lanka (without the taxes of course) if they're bringing down Aston Martins at pretty close to that amount. Imagine if the government wasn't so hungry for car taxes (wonder what they've done with them since they began the tax) :jumping-smiley-013:

A Veryon here! cant believe it! where did u see it machan?

The Bugatti Veyron is only 1.5 Mil USD? Thought it's much more. At that rate, there must be tons of people who could afford one in Sri Lanka (without the taxes of course) if they're bringing down Aston Martins at pretty close to that amount. Imagine if the government wasn't so hungry for car taxes (wonder what they've done with them since they began the tax) :jumping-smiley-013:

dude pls stop bitching all the time. its getting quite annoying now.

on the Veyron, when i came across one i had the complete opposite feeling you had Lalithster, i expected it to be lil bigger. i'm sure an Enzo or a LP640 is bigger than that. atleast that's what i think.

Edited by xXx

dude pls stop bitching all the time. its getting quite annoying now.

on the Veyron, when i came across one i had the complete opposite feeling you had Lalithster, i expected it to be lil bigger. i'm sure an Enzo or a LP640 is bigger than that. atleast that's what i think.

I donno about the LP640, but def not the Enzo. The Enzo isn't that much bigger than a F430.

and my veyron photos :)

you should goto the Amelia Island Concourse next year, you just might get to see one really up close ...its a snug fit.

Yeah I should make it up there sometime. I think the veryon is bigger than the enzo or at least it looks fatter the Enzo look thinner. Nice pics guys

Lads, i'm happy to say i was right atleast by a fraction

Veyron

Length × Width × Height in: 174.2 × 77.9 × 47

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bugatti_veyron.asp

Enzo

Length × Width × Height in: 185.1 × 80.1 × 45.2

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ferrari_enzo.asp

Murcielago

Length × Width × Height in: 178.6 × 79.8 × 44.3

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/murcielago.asp

also, the murc and enzo have very sleek downward noses where the veyron looks all blown up, plus its tall and heavy. It looks like a 1001hp car when you look at it, it just oozes power...

Lads, i'm happy to say i was right atleast by a fraction

Veyron

Length × Width × Height in: 174.2 × 77.9 × 47

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bugatti_veyron.asp

Enzo

Length × Width × Height in: 185.1 × 80.1 × 45.2

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ferrari_enzo.asp

Murcielago

Length × Width × Height in: 178.6 × 79.8 × 44.3

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/murcielago.asp

The Veyron is smaller but 1100lbs heavier? Wierd

• 9 months later...

hmmm on the basis that the standard Veyron was getting just a bit common and they wanted something a just a tad more interesting, VW has gone and created a Convertible varient called the Grand Sport! :blink:

WHat oil crisis?? :D

• 8 months later...

Bugatti Veyron Centenaire

New special edition Veyrons influenced by classic Bugatti Type 35 grand prix car

By Stephen Dobie

27th April 2009

A special edition car is normally the sign of a model at the end of its life, manufacturers clamouring to sell the last few before ushering in a replacement. Not so for Bugatti. It has announced another four unique Veyrons, following on from numerous other special editions and limited colour combinations.

car_photo_306967_25.jpg

The Veyron Centenaire comes in four different flavours, the full set being revealed at the Concorso d’Eleganza supercar and classic show at Italy’s Lake Como. Each is a one-off, too, making this the rarest of special Veyrons, although it wouldn’t be a surprise if all four fall into the hands of existing Veyron owners.

car_photo_306970_25.jpg

The less than subtle colour scheme is a mix of garish polished aluminium and one of four hues from Bugatti’s classic Type 35 grand prix car. The latter is perhaps the brand’s defining moment, and its grille and wheels have had subtle influences on the Veyron’s design.

car_photo_306969_25.jpg

As well as being matched to a particular Type 35, each Veyron Centenaire also represents a driver from Bugatti’s illustrious racing past (2000 wins in ten years). As such, the cars bear the racing colours of each driver’s country as well as having their signature stitched into the headrests.

car_photo_306968_25.jpg

If you want to be patriotic, pick the green car, which represents England and Sir Malcolm Campbell. You also have the choice of red (Achille Varzi and Italy), blue (Jean-Pierre Wimille and France) and white (Hermann zu Leiningen and Germany).

car_photo_306966_25.jpg

As you may have guessed from the name, the Veyron Centenaire is celebrating 100 years of Bugatti. There’s more partying to come, too, with the next event at California’s Concours at Pebble Beach on August 16. More special editions? You wouldn’t bet against it…

car_photo_306965_25.jpg

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/235497/b...centenaire.html

Cool man... This was the scene in Santa Monica on Friday.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/03/and-the...s-on-first-leg/

cool pics.

I was just thinking about the Veyron...LA to miami =2750 miles, @10mpg(conservative driving) that's 275 gallons of gas. that's 10 fuel stops (26gal tank)

I guess they had one of these in the race too :)

76785251.jpg

Cool man... This was the scene in Santa Monica on Friday.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/03/and-the...s-on-first-leg/

there was movie made about one the recent Gumball rallies - i can't seem to find the torrent now :(

watched it - more documentary than movie , but quite interesting! :)

excellent line up of cars - always interesting : limo's , red necks in SUV's the works! :lol:

there was movie made about one the recent Gumball rallies - i can't seem to find the torrent now :(

watched it - more documentary than movie , but quite interesting! :)

excellent line up of cars - always interesting : limo's , red necks in SUV's the works! :lol:

Canonball Run? :lol:

though theres alot of hype about the veron personally i don't like it much .... would love to see and drive a zonda on the other hand ...

Me too. I don't like the principle of adding cylinders and turbos to increase power and then adding radiators to cool it down. I prefer a more minimalist approach that makes the car fundamentally a sound piece of engineering.

I guess the special editions are to flog the remainder of unsold stock.

That said I would not say no to a drive on the Nardo track at 400+km/h ;)