• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka – Failed State, Laughing Stock

Mean Green z28

Machang weed...i have been following your posts from the aston marting thingy and i must say you are indeed suitable for a highly successful political career in Sri Lanka, seriously consider it..and when you do get involved in it just pop another post saying "THE NEW MP"..i would then speed up my overseas job opputurtunity and migration agendas..

:rolleyes:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notices to the most recent wide-reaching phenomena.We are further on of all and others only pursuing.Remember our guys visited US manytimes. :lol:

WASHINGTON - Federal employees wasted at least $146 million over a one-year period on business- and first-class airline tickets, in some cases simply because they felt entitled to the perk, congressional investigators say.

A draft report by the Government Accountability Office, obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, is the first to examine compliance with travel rules across the federal government following reports of extensive abuse of premium-class travel by Pentagon and State Department employees.

Read more on this

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071003/ap_on_...nt_travel_waste

Edited by miniace

Hi Guys,

I'm an undergraduate of University of Moratuwa, and previously my ambition was to complete my degree and leave this country. Because I'm also fed up and disappointed with this country and I'm not responsible for it because up to now I've never vote for any of those idiots in any political party. So it's up to the people who voted to them and elected them, to pay for the consequences of the act's of those idiots(all the political parties).

But after reading this article I must say that I've changed my mind. Because it's my country. No matter what this is all what I have and I love it. And I have to pay the people who spend their money for my education although they are the same people who blindly vote for those fools.

So guys count me in, and lets build this nation. (And admin why don't you organize some events.)

Good luck.

look at all the roads,trains,increased busses in the country and funding for great victories in the north east. these are not easy things to manage

hey, where did u see all those roads, trains, etc ??? maybe u have seen them in a dream ...... :blink:

i have noticed this bugger always takes the government side, isnt it ???

look at all the roads,trains,increased busses in the country and funding for great victories in the north east. these are not easy things to manage

Hey Weed, your statement itself reveals your knowledge, standards & expertise on current affairs of our homeland :violent-smiley-009: You seriously need some counselling I guess. Hey Kido try to grow up man, first try n begin from your 'screen name' prior to posting your assumed intelligent comments.

As Peri said we gotta tolerate cuz of the so called democracy & freedom of speech.

Cheers

weed does justice to his screen name :) great job man...keep it up :) :)

I must admit, this weed character is one of the funniest things i've seen in quite awhile......... but honestly, his attitude makes it painfully obvious how the current circus that is our government came into being.... its sadenning to note that there are people who honestly believe that this bunch of apes is doing a good job..... <_<

yeah guys...why are we worrying... the cost of living sky rocketing is a very good indication of the economic "growth" :)

People are having one hell of a time, literally :) :)

the poor have never been taken care this better...government is not corrupt and politicians are becoming competition for saints in heaven...

We love paying huge taxes for old cars etc when the well deserving politicos get duty free permits...

after all...these guys do such a great service for the country...

weed is right...we are forever in debt for the great politicians for their selfless service to the nation :)

Puff!!! Pufff!!! this is good shit man... :)

what a moron :)

why you worry? the economic growth is 7% compared to 5% in 2001

not to challenge your financial intelligence but growth doesn't necessarily shows development of an economy. there are many variables to that.

if your expenditure is higher due to corruption, skim offs etc etc... it's not a big deal to speak about a 7%

If at all the growth rate show that the workforce have been working harder for the country....

Gullibles like you who happily swallows all the rubbish any buffoon dishes out is the reason that this country can't improve on with their leaders...

the more you white wash your corruption and it's machinery...the worse it'll get...

it's amazing the extent to people can be hoodwinked :angry-smiley-048:

look at centrel bank reports, the growth is 7%. the price of goods goes up in any country , like chandrika says u canot stop that

look at centrel bank reports, the growth is 7%. the price of goods goes up in any country , like chandrika says u canot stop that

An honor to listen to such an intellgent person like you sir. People of Sri Lanka is enjoying the best times ever.. :P:angry-smiley-002:

Didn't I hear a recently central Bank Governer himself admitting that he presented an erroneous report.

Who ever is paying you to do this picked up the stupidest of all for the job man.

Its good to see a lot loyal patriotic people in this forum. I'm all for that even though I'm working abroad, but there are no jobs in my field of work in Sri lanka. Hopefully I will one day get a chance to bring the knowledge to Sri lanka.

I know there are certian characters in the government who doesn't rdeserve to be there, but that would be very hard to avoide in Sri lanka. Overall I think the government is doing a good job, it is very hard for them to fight a war and promote growth in the economy. Either we give Elam to Prabha and concentrate on the economy (a bit similar to what Ranil was doing) or try to end the war and take abit of a hit on the economy. Considering much of the gas and oil reserves are in 'Elam', what do you guys think is the best way forward?

same time think urself that ur salry has gone up too

Actually, no, it hasn't.

either u have war or economy or wictory, cant have all in once

Didn't you say something about roads and busses and trains and economic growth and victories in the north-east? :rolleyes: But now it can't be all done at once?

I know there are certian characters in the government who doesn't rdeserve to be there, but that would be very hard to avoide in Sri lanka. Overall I think the government is doing a good job, it is very hard for them to fight a war and promote growth in the economy. Either we give Elam to Prabha and concentrate on the economy (a bit similar to what Ranil was doing) or try to end the war and take abit of a hit on the economy. Considering much of the gas and oil reserves are in 'Elam', what do you guys think is the best way forward?

We have to accept the fact that "new era" srilankan politicians will never grow up! They remind me of little kids that want candy but have to depend on adults to buy them one. In their (politicians) cases, they have no self respect nor dignity what so ever. Gone are the days when politicians actually did some work to EARN their salaries and perks. What they don't realise when they waste those millions on expense a/c, luxury suites, luxury vehicles etc..etc...etc is that they are robbing you, me, our kids and our families the right to live a decent life in our motherland. Do you think that our moron of a foreign minister or any other MP/Minister would spare a thought for the average citizen who may bring home a measley Rs.10,000/- at the end of a month before spending Rs.300,000 A DAY just for room charges. Now pls don't tell me that that is not a crime. Pls don't tell me that our economy is down because of the war only. We can blame Praba all we want but what about those "instant millionires" that this war has created. Countless numbers of young men in the forces made the ultimte sacrifice so that these "terrorists" could fill their pockets. And then we have these weird off-springs of politicians. One can't expect much from these babies either as their parents never taught them to grow up. They would feel no shame driving around in those fancy cars; its daddy's blood money so lets party. they would feel no shame assaulting another person just for fun; daddy will look after everything. Disgusting. If you want something, go work your ass off to get it and be proud of it.

I respect and value our culture so much that my wife and I decided to raise our daughter in SriLanka rather than Toronto. And we will raise our kid here. And we will teach her to achieve her ambitions by working hard and not by resting on her family laurels. Don't think Ranil will do much either to curb corruption or to limit the perks enjoyed by our very unqualified, incompetent parlimentarians. And Mahinda will continue his circus cos he is above the law.

We need a leader with balls, great aversion to incompetence and someone who sees material wealth as just that. There are many qualified SRILANKANS in A/L who possess these qualities...........interested in politics anyone?!!!

We have to accept the fact that "new era" srilankan politicians will never grow up! They remind me of little kids that want candy but have to depend on adults to buy them one. In their (politicians) cases, they have no self respect nor dignity what so ever. Gone are the days when politicians actually did some work to EARN their salaries and perks. What they don't realise when they waste those millions on expense a/c, luxury suites, luxury vehicles etc..etc...etc is that they are robbing you, me, our kids and our families the right to live a decent life in our motherland. Do you think that our moron of a foreign minister or any other MP/Minister would spare a thought for the average citizen who may bring home a measley Rs.10,000/- at the end of a month before spending Rs.300,000 A DAY just for room charges. Now pls don't tell me that that is not a crime. Pls don't tell me that our economy is down because of the war only. We can blame Praba all we want but what about those "instant millionires" that this war has created. Countless numbers of young men in the forces made the ultimte sacrifice so that these "terrorists" could fill their pockets. And then we have these weird off-springs of politicians. One can't expect much from these babies either as their parents never taught them to grow up. They would feel no shame driving around in those fancy cars; its daddy's blood money so lets party. they would feel no shame assaulting another person just for fun; daddy will look after everything. Disgusting. If you want something, go work your ass off to get it and be proud of it.

I respect and value our culture so much that my wife and I decided to raise our daughter in SriLanka rather than Toronto. And we will raise our kid here. And we will teach her to achieve her ambitions by working hard and not by resting on her family laurels. Don't think Ranil will do much either to curb corruption or to limit the perks enjoyed by our very unqualified, incompetent parlimentarians. And Mahinda will continue his circus cos he is above the law.

We need a leader with balls, great aversion to incompetence and someone who sees material wealth as just that. There are many qualified SRILANKANS in A/L who possess these qualities...........interested in politics anyone?!!!

Well said, but unfortunately politics in Sri Lanka is not about what's right but about what's popular. If you want to get the vote, give the man a bottle of arrack.

Well said, but unfortunately politics in Sri Lanka is not about what's right but about what's popular. If you want to get the vote, give the man a bottle of arrack.

Right on SeanD -

Our people complain and grumble abt the cost of living..... come election time just give a bottle of arrack & a packet of lunch (to people like weed) all is forgotten.....

On the subject of weed.....

Well guys I think he's trying to make himself important........ any 1 know the goof personally ? if he's serious abt the whole economy,.........

A hit and run would be a good option to get rid of jokers... we already got 110 of them in the parliament .... one less could not be that bad....

Freedom of search is fine..... bt this is stretching it too thin