• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Know About Any Cheap 4x4 ??

lakshank

Hi guys…..this is a bit bashful to post…

I am looking for a Jeep. Any 4x4 jeep. Do u guys have any contacts or any one who might have a one. I don’t mind about the make of it as long as it’s a 4x4 Long wheel base soft top…

We are planning an expedition trip from down south through yala and going up along the east coast covering a majority of the areas in east in december. ( A person who knows and has been in Moodu maha viharaya for 12 years joins with us as a guide)

At the moment we have one 4x4 and it cant carry all our gang. We need another 4x4 but cant afford to go for a Quality Land rover or a Toyota BJ.

Our budget is very very low…2 lakhs. We don’t worry about any thing as long as its drivable. We have talented guys who can meddle with any kind of mechanical probs….Ready to give a quick upgrade even…

Not bothered about the number….as long as its road leagal… it has to be registered…but we don’t mind a 28 sri or 24 sri…or even some thing from the 18th centuary.

Please if u know about something post them on. My email is - [email protected]

Hi guys…..this is a bit bashful to post…

I am looking for a Jeep. Any 4x4 jeep. Do u guys have any contacts or any one who might have a one. I don’t mind about the make of it as long as it’s a 4x4 Long wheel base soft top…

We are planning an expedition trip from down south through yala and going up along the east coast covering a majority of the areas in east in december. ( A person who knows and has been in Moodu maha viharaya for 12 years joins with us as a guide)

At the moment we have one 4x4 and it cant carry all our gang. We need another 4x4 but cant afford to go for a Quality Land rover or a Toyota BJ.

Our budget is very very low…2 lakhs. We don’t worry about any thing as long as its drivable. We have talented guys who can meddle with any kind of mechanical probs….Ready to give a quick upgrade even…

Not bothered about the number….as long as its road leagal… it has to be registered…but we don’t mind a 28 sri or 24 sri…or even some thing from the 18th centuary.

Please if u know about something post them on. My email is - [email protected]

I assume your brother is returning to the country in December ;) ? Incidentally had a chat with him a few weeks back, you might know who I am :P

Not trying to discourage you here bro, but I do not think it would be easy to find something drivable in that budget, especially a long wheel base one. And I do not know if you really want to take a wretch on a journey like that. Even 7 years back short wheel base jeeps went at arround 2 lacks, so the very best of luck with your search.

Even log books for such vehicles are sold higher than that these days .........

i know it sounds stupid.... but money is really really tightened up macho....BTW how do u know my brother...yes he is coming to SL.....i might know u by sight...but your name doesnt ring any bells...i am sure i know only one DON and he isnt in to these stuff....

Did you ask indhika of punchi panchicawatha motors he :D He allways have some kinda of a jeep that is bought from some auction or some where! :angry-smiley-048: I don t know him personally but when you go from rajagiriya to coticawatha you can see his garage! he might have something for you budget bro :)

CHEERS ;)

Lakshank!

Maruti Gypsy is an ideal Jeep to modify.Still cant understand why many are not attempting.If needed can help you with details on modifications.Relatively cheap on purchase and a range of Japanese Engines/drive trains are qualified to power the Gypsy.

Yes miniace...Ive heard too about the durability of gypsy.. the only thing is it not big enough...We are looking for some troop carrier...if it can accomodate atleast 8-10 that is ideal..but i dont think that gypsy can.

As for the suggestion from DJ shan....I did ask from Indika machan...he doesnt have any thing good at the moment for that range....indika is in England these days....

i know it sounds stupid.... but money is really really tightened up macho....BTW how do u know my brother...yes he is coming to SL.....i might know u by sight...but your name doesnt ring any bells...i am sure i know only one DON and he isnt in to these stuff....

I went to school with your brother, think Choka, think how the name Don came to be affiliated with you know what and you might remember who I am,

best of luck with your search, maybe what you guys need is a truck not a jeep !

Maruti Gypsy is an ideal Jeep to modify.Still cant understand why many are not attempting.If needed can help you with details on modifications.Relatively cheap on purchase and a range of Japanese Engines/drive trains are qualified to power the Gypsy.

Hey MINIACE as you said Maruti Gypsy is a ideal jeep to to modify! :jumping-smiley-013: So me and ma father went and did that we bought a jeep from a police auction from a cuple of yers back and OH! man we had to rebuild it from scratch! The only problem was the engine because it had small 990 cc engine that came with it ! OH! and if you add some huge alloys you have to add a set of spacers as well! WOW we did many things to that gypsy! But in off roading capabilities Ovarall it was good bro :angry-smiley-048:

CHEERS :)

machang for your budget i doubt ull be able to buy any kinda of 4x4 in running condition given that BJ40`s were priced at 350,000 in 2003 and now its over a mill...best option is for you to try and rent out one for your running...

My Two Cents

Yala

I think the best deal would be to invite a guy who has a capable vehicle to join up with your gang and use the spare money to fund your fuel & logistics.

I would also advice you to contact some locals and find out if the situation and travell routes are clear.

Happy Trailing

Cruiserhead

Hey MINIACE as you said Maruti Gypsy is a ideal jeep to to modify! :jumping-smiley-013: So me and ma father went and did that we bought a jeep from a police auction from a cuple of yers back and OH! man we had to rebuild it from scratch! The only problem was the engine because it had small 990 cc engine that came with it ! OH! and if you add some huge alloys you have to add a set of spacers as well! WOW we did many things to that gypsy! But in off roading capabilities Ovarall it was good bro :angry-smiley-048:

CHEERS :)

Simply try an engine swap! Wonders guarenteed!

• 3 years later...

I've heard about a version of Gypsy version called 'Gypsy King'. Mini, is there any difference between them? I've no idea about Gypsy. Is there any online resources that you can point me to?